PDA

View Full Version : favourite GT falcon

fpv_gtho
10-22-2003, 03:06 AM
well Falcon500 first had the idea for this after i made the thread on the favourite GTHO so ive listed all 9 GT models including the anniversary editions for people to talk about

fpv_gtho
10-22-2003, 03:16 AM
well since the poll didnt work ill just list them:
1967 XRGT
1968 XTGT
1969 XWGT
1970 XYGT
1972 XAGT
1973 XBGT
1992 EB2GT 25th anniversary edition
1997 ELGT 30th anniversary edition
2003 BAGT

fell free to talk about Fairmont Ghia ESP's, XC cobras, XR6's and XR8's as they for many years filled the spot of the GT

Falcon500
10-24-2003, 07:12 AM
And not to neglect the flacon sprints and pursuit models and anything else in between :D like this for example a XB falcon GS surferoo ford answer to the sand man came with a hell of a lot more then the sandman yet never took off

fpv_gtho
10-25-2003, 12:50 AM
i thought the surferoo was a concept ute ford brought out in the early 70's based on an XY ute, painted bright yellow with a massive rear spoiler with all this decking and such in the back

Falcon500
10-25-2003, 06:22 AM
no that was the superoo ute ive talked to a bloke who owned one (it was a model in the lineup very rare)

fpv_gtho
10-26-2003, 12:55 AM
i found one for sale in Unique cars, the guy was selling it for i think $40,000, he was claiming it was a on-off show car ford made

Falcon500
10-26-2003, 05:14 AM
they wernt one offs but they arnt much more comman.

fpv_gtho
10-26-2003, 09:02 PM
either wya ive only seen 1

Falcon500
10-27-2003, 05:04 AM
You want one only try this one on an EA GT

fpv_gtho
10-27-2003, 11:02 PM
that was a show car ford were teasing the public with when the were deciding whether or not to re-introduce the v8 and produce a 25th anniversary gt

Falcon500
10-30-2003, 04:56 AM
Yeah Jack roush hleped build that car it made 227 kw and a great torque figure i got a little bit in book on it it was brilliant at the time and still respectable now it could of been a production model.......

fpv_gtho
11-02-2003, 01:30 AM
it was another teaser model ford showed to gauge public interest. they did the same before reintroducing the mustang. 227kw was pretty good for its time though, just more than the XB and better than the EB's 192kw

Falcon500
11-02-2003, 04:30 AM
the EB was quite a good car it got rated better then holdens quicker VN groupA they tested it at the you yangs in motor and they quoted the holden at 250 and the ford at 230 the holden went 230 and the ford went 225 and it wasnt run in yet they rated the EB much higer then the groupA SS as well.

fpv_gtho
11-02-2003, 04:35 AM
well they still whinged a hell of a lot when they thought it didnt meet up to the quoted 200kw

Falcon500
11-02-2003, 06:26 AM
id be unhappy too 60k worth of car and it didnt live up to what they said although it coul do what they said with its limited power and ford did have a full recalls of the vehicals and they corrected the issues. (this was heard via grapvine from some reliable sources)

fpv_gtho
11-03-2003, 12:16 AM
well how would u feel, being the proud owner of an EB gt, just for ford to release the equally powerful, ED XR8 sprint. same way most XR8 buyers would fell about getting blown away by an XR6T

Falcon500
11-03-2003, 03:34 AM
all prviding they did get blown away. The ed sprint was cheaper also but it was lacking in all the creature comforts and was no faster so it all dpeneds on how you like your car.

fpv_gtho
11-03-2003, 03:44 AM
well i think the sprint wouldve just edged out the GT

Falcon500
11-04-2003, 08:44 PM
The sprint probly would of it more then liekly was lighter but they didnt fix one of the msallish problems in the car...the wipers didnt work at 180 km/h the wiper motors wenrt strong enough.

fpv_gtho
11-04-2003, 10:43 PM
well that wouldnt of been much of an issue as you said, as anyone driving on public roads at 180km/h whilst its raining is a bloody dickhead

Falcon500
11-06-2003, 04:01 AM
well ti sure would be a rude shock if you were driving it at that speed and whoops the wipers dont bloody work! :D

fpv_gtho
11-06-2003, 09:12 PM
well it wouldve been a rude shock to most regardless of the speed. i doubt an ED would be able to stay on the road at those speeds in the wet anyway

Falcon500
11-08-2003, 04:24 AM
Ive seen worse cars stay on the road on those speeds in the hail its not hard buy yopu would only want to go straight doing that.

fpv_gtho
11-08-2003, 04:34 AM
theres probably a handfull of drivers out there who are gaim enough to try something that stupid, but going anything but straight in conditions like that, id consider suicide

Falcon500
11-09-2003, 03:40 AM
Yeah and its that small number who ruin it for the rest of us its the stuopid young minrotiy that makes us now use green Ps and 2 year Ls and so on as well as their are most drivers on the road who speed meaning there are speed cameras every turn.

fpv_gtho
11-09-2003, 04:13 AM
well several reports actually have found speed cameras may cause crashes rather than save them, from people frequently slowing down then speeding right back up to whatever speed they were at

Falcon500
11-09-2003, 05:27 AM
And also the fact their not doing the best of jobs we need more police on our roads if we are to effectivly combat problems like that. As you said people slow down and then get back to what they were doing before.

fpv_gtho
11-09-2003, 05:45 AM
well the government needs to get rid of the speed cameras as theyre not saving anyone, there's actually been a decrease in the decline of road deaths lately. they need to get all the revenue raised from them and work on fixing the rural roads and fixing up blind corners. theyre 2 things i can see that kill people on the roads, not speed. speed keeps drivers alert and trying to control that bores the hell out of people, thus causing fatigue. a higher police presence on the roads would probably help keep speeding at an acceptable level, and since they wouldnt be fixed, it would be harder to speed/slow down/ get back up to speed like with whats happening with the cameras

Falcon500
11-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Well i view that modern cars with ultra smooth irs,power sterring and all that stuff wouldent help someone who isnt as dedicated a driver as a true enthusiest. And dont forget that speed does kill and blah blah blah i think another terrible thing are people who put tvs and massive DOOF DOOF steros in their cars having music which is rattling the car cant help your concetration and ive seen cars where its so loud its moving the mirriors in diffrent poistions and they couldent even hear a horn ring or a srien if they wanted too.

crisis
11-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Speed is relative. 200kmh on an autobahn with all traffic (preferably not much) travelling at the same speed in the same direction with good visibility in roadworthy cars might be considered safe. From that sentence alone it takes a lot going right to make it a safe speed. Experience, common sense, respect for other drivers needs and safety, concentration and attentiveness (throw in good luck) are what I beleive to be the basic requirements. If every driver had those qualities you wouldnt need any speed limits. Unfortunately they give licences to ****wits with few if any of them. I should know. When I was 16 they gave me one. I probably wasnt the worst driver around but I would have to say that after a couple of near misses Im lucky to be here. If I had to say what caused most of my prangs and near misses was lack of concentration or inattentiveness.

Falcon500
11-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Yeah true and there are some people who learn nothnig from prang either they just keeping on doing what they want rather then following the road rules. A lot of people let them selves be distracted or create their own distraction another scary thing are people who look at you while their driving and talking.

fpv_gtho
11-09-2003, 10:16 PM
either way the government is either ignoring or hasnt figured out yet that its current approach isnt doing anything to help the situation. ive lost count the number of times ive read letters sent in to wheels, about people annoyed with the current system, especially in victoria and theres always the odd one from someone whos just come from germany or italy and they feel like their in a foreign country WHEN THEY COME BACK

Falcon500
11-13-2003, 03:48 AM
Well the thing they like about their current system is its making them money a mate of mine recently got his green ps at a cost of $90 bokking fees and liscence passed first go. They are thinking of a blue ps another so much added $30 for the road users manul $30 per test for your ls and blahh blah blah and all added up with an ever increasing amount of parking copa more paking metres and speed cameras its really getting sad! and i also missed road tolls.

fpv_gtho
11-16-2003, 05:26 AM
and after all of that, theyre worried about the extra cost of a higher level of driver training

Falcon500
11-18-2003, 03:40 PM
Just doesnt seem to twig does it? I am almost put off going for my green Ps untill i get a real job.

fpv_gtho
11-18-2003, 06:58 PM
well that could be what the government wants: less people driving, less traffic jams; more people using public transport, more money back to them

Falcon500
11-18-2003, 09:08 PM
Wel the canberran goverment wants to try and revive bike riding a bit which i persoanlly will find off putting since tredly riders are dangerous bastards on the road and also are downright savage to people drivning cars.
And guess what they will get then more money from public transtport and theyll more then likly make people have to get a liscence for it too...

fpv_gtho
11-18-2003, 09:14 PM
well however much the government wants to push for public transport, its not going to fix all the traffic porblems and theres always going to be people driving cars in the city

Falcon500
11-19-2003, 04:03 AM
Ohyeah im totaly agreeing with that but the though that comes to my mind is somthing along the lines of reducinng the number a bit to clean the air as they say and to reduce wear on their roads.

fpv_gtho
11-19-2003, 04:51 AM
what does the government care about road wear? theyre still gunna keep it till its too late to fix the roads like they do now.

Falcon500
11-19-2003, 05:41 AM
Theyu want to put it off further and their saying it with a velvet glove by saying its your fitness and your air.sort of like emotinal/enviromental blackmail

fpv_gtho
11-19-2003, 10:15 PM
god, no wonder the roads are in the state that their in now, im starting to think they made then too thin then when trucks took them too tight to avoid oncoming traffic, it toor up the edge etc

Falcon500
11-20-2003, 06:01 AM
Well the road in front of our house why not a busy road it still wellused its near the main street and its right behind a school so it is well used and one time my btoher pulled a burn out in front of our house he left a bit of smoke (it was a small one leaving 2 small rooster tails of smake as he took off and carrid on untill he reached 2nd) and when i went to see if there were any marks left there was just loose bitumen and little craters all over where he was it didnt lay no rubber despite the smoke!

fpv_gtho
11-20-2003, 10:46 PM
well thats a bit odd, usually its the tires that tear up, not the road. my older brother once done a burnout out the front of my house in his holden one tonner and the tire doin the burnout put chunks of rubber on the ground probably bigger than 5c coins

Falcon500
11-21-2003, 02:46 AM
Yeah if my brother was doing somthing more serious it probly would of shredded them! much like the sand paper like surface they put down at braddon to stop people from doing burnouts except this is due to poor maintinence rather then being purpose built.

fpv_gtho
11-21-2003, 05:33 AM
ahh i swear if i ever find the idiot responsible for australia being so far behind in out road condition and our rediculous speed limits, im gunna punch him in the head and try and knock some sense into them

Falcon500
11-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Whats the point all youll hear after you hit him is the rocks in his head settling back in place! seriously though on some roads they put a 3x3 rule on it the idea about that was a 3cent tax for 3 years it was gonna fix the roads....13 years later no improvement and still the tax this country has a real problem maintaing their roads! and they dont look after the people too much either they closed down our 1/8 mile for that bullet train thatnever happend and they kept it closed despite the fact no ones using it!

Falcon500
11-30-2003, 05:04 AM
Well an intresting thing to add to the end of that last post is that the local liberal party here have been listening to the petitions and are talking about giving us the 1/4 mile we so badly want. Of course having a politicion saying they will do somthing is like having a salesman saying trust me...

fpv_gtho
11-30-2003, 10:50 PM
or a lawyer for that matter

Falcon500
12-01-2003, 04:07 AM
Well people like to hear what they want to hear and since im a voter all providing i dont seriously disagree with their policys im voting liberal! Labours already lost my trust with that snake bob car as our premier. And the campagin maniger for steve whan lived nexto door too us and to prove how popular the man was we used to get dead fish put in our drains!

fpv_gtho
12-01-2003, 10:09 PM
well if bob carr's reached his third term, then he must be doing something right, or something the liberals aren't

Falcon500
12-02-2003, 04:11 AM
Well as a voter and someone who takes a keen intrest in polotics all of mr karrs speeches sound very pretty indeed like wanting to get more police or the new queanbeyan hospital. The catch is people seem to forget what he promised 8 years ago and whats hes promised every subsiquent year! the pilice force is growing but at the rate its growing it it will take 2018 to notice any small change. And the new queanbeyan hospital he allocated many millions to be given to the hospital to build a new one but the draw back is that its comming in dribs and drabs (over a 6 year period) and other fundings have been cut off because they can work of their new grants! they already pay over 3 million a year to drive people outto canbbera hospital to take them to facilitys that the queanbeyan hospital has (but are closed down due to low funding) oh and in case your wondering wher im getting that info from my mum works there. I persoanlly am willing to let another goverment party disallusion me and more then likely oepnlylie to me hell it couldent get much worse all the good policys that carr has instigated and will carry on and hes garented the funding by ripping of lerner and provisional drivers a ripping off moterist and so on.

fpv_gtho
12-02-2003, 04:34 AM
well every politician i suppose gets to the limit where theyve pulled every string and used every lie to get where theyre going, so i guess the only thing left for bob carr is to propose to increase motorway speed limits and remove speed bumps, cameras and speed traps which several studies have all come back saying theyre more a danger than saviour

Falcon500
12-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Speed bumps are annoying (and the fact i nearly launched the sunny off one once had both the front wheels off the ground!) i think the introduction of an autobahn could be in order (but i dont think thatll ever happen and that might be a good thing) possiblyi think at least dont add anymore.
Maybey i should bitch and moan to the local liberals to see if they can fix our roundabouts here in the area i live in the have trees and plants on the roundabouts and its very easy to not see things throught them like bicycle riders,pedestrians small cars (including a flurescent mini) and ass holes who dont use head lights at night. they are trying to pass us off as a gardensection but as a by product you cant see around round abouts and we have trees obscucruing our view at a lot of corners creating blind corners in a lot of places that should be quite easy to see.

fpv_gtho
12-02-2003, 10:48 PM
trust the government to improve the image of something over its safety. the M6 could end up being regulated like how germany does with its autobahns which would be a treat for interstate travellers and overseas travellers.

Falcon500
12-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Well they could have a set up much like what the northan territory has unlimeted speed higways. And despite popular belifs fatality rates on those roads are actually quite low.

fpv_gtho
12-03-2003, 10:25 PM
well i think the northern territory can still book you for extremely reckless behaviou on the roads. they say drive at a speed you fell comfortable with and suits the conditions and environment, so im sure theyd be pulling everyone over going more than say 150 in the wet, or anyone trying to do 100 in suburbia

fpv_gtho
12-06-2003, 03:45 AM
well i got the whole idea behind the NT's speed judicial system from wheels when they tested 5 beemers (an m3, m5, x5 4.6 and 2 bikes) along the sturt highway and realised the m3 done 270km/h and the m5 done 260km/h. if only the FPV GT's limiter woked like the m3's.........

LomaZ28
04-11-2004, 12:57 PM
My Favorite Falcon was the one in mad max. you cant not like that car. it was really nice. it had a 350 motor with a weind blower. it was a nice right hand driver. all the work was cuztom too. I believe that there is only one set car of the ford falcon from mad max left. it was in a previous issue of popular hot rodding.

fpv_gtho
04-11-2004, 06:04 PM
the actual Mad Max interceptor didnt have a supercharger, just something fake stickign out of the bonnet with the air conditioner pump driving the pulley