PDA

View Full Version : distress's 1995 Acura Legend *everyone skips*

Distress
10-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Here is my weekend/free-time car; sometimes I take it to my long-drive far away work, but usually that is for my "work car", a 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier that runs strong at over 250,000 miles (had to say that :) ).

Features:

Automatic climate control
4-way anti-lock brakes. Powered brakes of course.
Cruise control
Power moonroof
Heated front leather bucket seats (rear seats are leather to )
Power front seats (driver has memory)
Leather steering wheel with radio controls. Electronically powered, tilted and telescoping steering wheel. Power steering obviously.
Dual front air-bags
Power windows
Power and heated mirrors
Aftermarket alarm system, with remote entry that lights the interior. Remote trunk release also.

The interior is in pretty good shape for a 10year old car. There is a small tear in the rear leather seats on the side (by the door), and a slight buzz/creaking noise on harsh bumps at the front-right pillar. I recently replaced the carpet because of stains (from snow I suppose), and it gave it that new chemical smell (ie: new car smell); using floor mates of course. The fake-laminated wood looks glossy and is still in shape, buttons are still present also. The radio controls worked excellent with the crappy factory Bose audio system, but since I changed the receiver they no-longer work; there is a way to configure them, but why bother? The right mirror wont heat either, but the left does; I'm not lazy though, I use the ice scrapper.

Call this Honda build quality? I suppose, but I also think it was well cared for as well.

Performance aspects:

3.2liter SOHC 24vavle V6
200hp @ 5500rpm / 210 ft.lbs @ 4500rpm *new-ratings, minus age and plus performance parts*
Front wheel drive :(
19/24mpg EPA rating, I measure 17/25mpg average. Eh, someone around there.
Tachometer on 4-speed automatic
Factory rear wing (it gives downforce)

I'm not familiar with what this engine has been used in, or how long it has been revised, but I know it is smooth and has good power. No, it's not really powerful, but I can merge into traffic with no, or little fear. I'm approaching 80,000 miles on the vehicle, and it still shifts and runs like new. The previous owner took well care of it; a mechanic if that matters; synthetic oil changes every 2,000 to 3,000 miles, transmission serviced, everything maintained. I feel fortunate to have a ageing car that was considered "part of the family"...seriously, it was.

Oh yeah, it still gets its synthetic oil changes ;)

Aftermarket/additions:

Performance chip - installed by previous owner
Cold air intake - Weapon-R, installed by me
Window tint - professionally installed, ordered by previous owner
Super white bulbs - installed by me
Gold plated front grill frame - installed by buddy
Lighted window switches - installed by me, gives a decent blue-light glowing effect.

When I put in the cold-air I honestly wasn't expecting much. Boy, you can't hear it, but you can sure feel it, not enough though :p The super white bulbs work great! They look like HID's to me. I kind-of regret having the front grill-frame gold plated, but it's deal able.

Lighted window switches. I found this online, so I decided to try it out. Fairly easy, except you have to take off the door-panels, which is not easy in a Acura. They add a nice settle blue-glow to the interior, now I need to find a face gauge that matches it :rolleyes:.

Car Audio:

Pioneer double-din CD/Casset/AM-FM radio
CDT Eurosports component speakers with front-image enhancer.
12" Renaissance (Moral Acoustics) Connon subwoofer
USaccoustic amplifiers
Dynamat sound deadening in front doors, and trunk.
1.5 cubic foot sealed box, polly stuffed.

Yeap, the factory system was Bose. If it's Bose, there must be no-lows, ok sorry. The CDTs reside in the front-door factory location, and simply sound excellent. The front-image enhancer (called something else now?) is where you add another set of tweeters and passive-crossovers; I have the extra tweeters located in the pillars (it's a tad more complicated than I put it). This system is designed to bring the music level up to a "up-front stage level". Don't ask me how CDT did it, but it's quite concert like! No rear components or co-axiles, since I find them useless. The 12" Connon subwoofer is fanatic; it plays my typical soft-mellow music with precision and clarity; if I put in a more faster beat CD it plays them tight and clear *laughs at Audiobahn*, even at it's 2mm one-way excursion! Sound deadening material eliminated any trunk rattle. My audio is for sound-quality purpose only, no "boom-boom look at me" junk.

Am I happy? Yes, it's a good, respective, safe and comfortable cruise car for my free-time/city traffic (I live in Indianapolis); however, I some day want to own a true sports car. The cars weight and soft-biased suspension show itself in turns; the steering is not tight and performance accurate. It's a 4-speed automatic. The engine, a respective power, but not really on the fun and crazzy side that I wish to have some day. Well, it could be worse, I could be driving a Cadillac Escalade :D

There you have it, I suppose I gave quite a bit of details, a shame most people don't :( :(

I can't seam to upload very well with my dial-up, plus I keep going over a "file size limite". This is the only picture I can get up *shrugs*

PerfAdv
10-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Congrats, you were lucky to find a low miles Legend. I think '95 was the last year. Which model, do you know? LS or GS? The GS came with the GenII engine good for 230 hp. Those look like Acura TL wheels, not the original Legend. 80K, check and make sure the timing belt was done. It might be a 90K mile belt, in that case make sure to do that. Other than that the Legend six runs forever.
A local Acura dealer had a Legend(1st generation sedan) on display in the showroom with 380,000+ miles, with disclaimer:'and still running strong!!' That old workhorse must have sold a lot of cars.

whiteballz
10-14-2004, 01:44 AM
nice car, that your palace behind it? :P

Rockefella
10-14-2004, 04:04 PM
nice car, do you live in that castle!!??!?! :eek:

Distress
10-14-2004, 10:34 PM
PerfAdv, the timeing belt is done :); as for what the Legend is, it's a LS.

As for the house behind...uh yeah that's my house :|

j/k :p, I wish. The house belongs to a good co-worker of mine, mainly because of his wife..hehe.

PerfAdv
10-14-2004, 11:44 PM
That's a house! Wow, I thought it was an office complex.

LS, good. I envy you as you found such a pristine one. A couple of years ago we were looking at one on a dealers lot. My wife loves that particular body style. It didn't work out though, maybe for the best because the car was two-tone paint:eek: and also had a suspension rattle.

Nigel
11-25-2004, 09:16 PM
is it legal to have tint on the front side windows in your area?

Niko_Fx
11-25-2004, 09:23 PM
is it legal to have tint on the front side windows in your area?

Legal 'till certain darkness. His look legal to me... or at least pretty close to be.

Blue Supra
11-28-2004, 03:12 PM
we can have up to 80% opaque on any windows im pretty sure... and thats looking in not lookin out :D