PDA

View Full Version : White FC RX7...

Blue Supra
10-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Was perusing todays paper, found an FC RX7 Turbo 5 speed for 7,900AUD. Its white and has aftermarket suspension, exhaust (system not fart cans) new GB and clutch and it only has 150k on it :D. went and had a look just now, its got scrapes on the rear bumper and left side, and the sideskirt on the left is a bit worse for wear, runs smoothly, im taking it for a drive tomorrow to my mechanics to get it checked out and test drive it. Hopefully he doesnt sell it before tomorrow as theres someone else coming to look at it now. :( Ill be soooo unbelivably cut if it gets sold:mad: anyways if it checks out with my mechanic dads agreed to lend me the extra i dont have! Ill get some photos tommorow but heres a similar car.
http://www.turboclub.com/MCCR/MCCR20020329/Maz_MADRX.jpg
http://www.turboclub.com/MCCR/MCCR20020329/Maz_MADRX_3.jpg

More info tomorrow:)

GTR Dreamer
10-15-2004, 09:28 PM
i cant wait! icant wait! i cant wait! icant wait! i cant wait! icant wait! i cant wait! icant wait! looks nnnnniiiiiiiiiccceeeeeee! :P

@wall
10-15-2004, 11:12 PM
i cant wait! icant wait! i cant wait! icant wait! i cant wait! icant wait! i cant wait! icant wait! looks nnnnniiiiiiiiiccceeeeeee! :P

geez i don't know why your so excited, you won't even get to drive it :p j/k

yeh hope you get the car mate, looking forward to some pics...

PerfAdv
10-15-2004, 11:55 PM
FC turbos are nice but my fav is the GTUs. Hope everything checks out, looking forward to some pics of the RX-7!! The RX, for whatever ails you :D :D

Blue Supra
10-16-2004, 12:46 AM
The GTUs arent bad, theyre the luxury ones arent they? too much useless stuff, like leather seats...

Blue Supra
10-16-2004, 02:23 AM
I just realised that ill have to fork out for premium petrol...:eek: this could be expensive...:(

PerfAdv
10-16-2004, 06:04 PM
The GTUs arent bad, theyre the luxury ones arent they? too much useless stuff, like leather seats...

The GTUs' are most minimalist, without the lux features. Essentially the tightest suspension, wheels/tires from the turbo model. Also used LSD differential with higher ratio. Power was same as normally aspirated model, 160 hp. To keep up with todays speeds, turbo is probably better overall. :)

http://beyondtheredline.fd3s.net/GTUs.html

Blue Supra
10-16-2004, 06:13 PM
cool, well im off in the next hour or so... so heres hoping:)

Blue Supra
10-17-2004, 12:21 AM
DAMMIT!
i have to wait till tuesday to get it looked over!
sooo cut, at least it hasnt been sold on me, oh the torment of waiting!:(

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-17-2004, 01:48 AM
Ah-hah, you now know what it feels like to wait... I have to atm, new guitar shit... but hey! back to the car, hope you get it Si. Good luck.

GTR Dreamer
10-17-2004, 08:01 PM
well, it was going to be expensive any way mate! its a rotary isnt it.? :D
well hope you get it,

Blue Supra
10-17-2004, 10:01 PM
13B Turbo buddy! :D:D:D
1 more day 1 more day 1 more day...

taz_rocks_miami
10-17-2004, 10:10 PM
13B Turbo buddy! :D:D:D
1 more day 1 more day 1 more day...

That's a great car, I hope no one buys it before you get a chance to take it to have it checked out!! I hope you get it dude, I got my fingers crossed for ya!!

GTR Dreamer
10-17-2004, 10:43 PM
when you get it can you RICE it out? please please please please please please please please please???????????????lol lol lol lol :D:D:D:D:D:D

Blue Supra
10-18-2004, 12:51 AM
oh yeah, ill get hyoooge 19" chromies and a and fully sick kit and a wing off a 747 and and and how bout no!;):p

whiteballz
10-18-2004, 03:00 AM
if you dont get it i will kill you!
you have to take me for a drive when you do!!!!
I KNOW WHERE YOU WORK!!!

lmao

Blue Supra
10-18-2004, 03:42 AM
if you dont get it i will kill you!
you have to take me for a drive when you do!!!!
I KNOW WHERE YOU WORK!!!

lmao

AH!
im scared now, please dont hurt me big year 10 man!:p:D
j/k

GTR Dreamer
10-18-2004, 08:04 PM
sooo did ya get it?

taz_rocks_miami
10-18-2004, 08:09 PM
sooo did ya get it?

Yeah, have you taken it to get checked out yet?:confused:

Blue Supra
10-18-2004, 10:05 PM
2 hours and im meeting the guy and taking it out, im goin to JB hi-fi to see what stereo i can get put in it coz atm its only got a daihatsu tape deck:p

taz_rocks_miami
10-18-2004, 10:08 PM
2 hours and im meeting the guy and taking it out, im goin to JB hi-fi to see what stereo i can get put in it coz atm its only got a daihatsu tape deck:p

Cool:cool: Looking forward to hearing you got it :)

whiteballz
10-19-2004, 02:26 AM
YOU BETTER GET IT! I MEAN IT! :mad:

lol jk.

Blue Supra
10-19-2004, 05:23 AM
I didnt buy it, for several reasons, not to say im not as pissed as a cut snake about it but it wasnt worth buying with these things that needed to be patched up

a) has exterior rust under GLUED on spoiler and in dented sideskirt
b) has four different shades of white
c) the tacho doesnt work:eek:
d) it needs a new clutch master cylinder, there was nothing in there when we checked
e) has scrapes on side and rear bumper
f) poorly concealed crimping of the wheel guards so tyres dont scrape, touch up paint is obvious
g) it has less room then my datto:(
h) the seats are too small for me (but only just)
i) all the windscreen wipers, front and rear have rust on them
j) the engine floods easily due to a missing something (i flooded it first go)
k) theres a random lead to something hanging from under the steering colom
l) the back rattles something shocking
m) the air con is not there, it had to be removed to be imported
n) it has a daihatsu tape deck and standard speakers:p

other then this small list of things i was happy, it goes like a gun, boost is the most fun, i wont rest till i have a turbo car:D

but yeh i am very very VERY *read VERY:mad:* disspointed, if i can get him to sell it for 6k i might consider buyin it.

PsychoChimp22
11-01-2004, 09:03 PM
I know somebody that has that model, he loves it.

85RX7
11-01-2004, 10:29 PM
I just realised that ill have to fork out for premium petrol...:eek: this could be expensive...:(

even tho your not getting it, id just like to point out that it doesnt need premium fuel. Some people run them on 87 octane perfectly. Did you know that the mazda 787B race car won the Le Mans on 87 octane!!! Rotary engines do not experience massive effects from fuel detonation due to the rotor only spinning one way, unlike a pistion engine where the piston would be forced in the opposing direction that is is coming from. Just wanted to clear that up.

taz_rocks_miami
11-01-2004, 10:48 PM
I didnt buy it, for several reasons, not to say im not as pissed as a cut snake about it but it wasnt worth buying with these things that needed to be patched up

a) has exterior rust under GLUED on spoiler and in dented sideskirt
b) has four different shades of white
c) the tacho doesnt work:eek:
d) it needs a new clutch master cylinder, there was nothing in there when we checked
e) has scrapes on side and rear bumper
f) poorly concealed crimping of the wheel guards so tyres dont scrape, touch up paint is obvious
g) it has less room then my datto:(
h) the seats are too small for me (but only just)
i) all the windscreen wipers, front and rear have rust on them
j) the engine floods easily due to a missing something (i flooded it first go)
k) theres a random lead to something hanging from under the steering colom
l) the back rattles something shocking
m) the air con is not there, it had to be removed to be imported
n) it has a daihatsu tape deck and standard speakers:p

other then this small list of things i was happy, it goes like a gun, boost is the most fun, i wont rest till i have a turbo car:D

but yeh i am very very VERY *read VERY:mad:* disspointed, if i can get him to sell it for 6k i might consider buyin it.

Sorry to hear you didn't get it:( With all the problems you stated sounds like it's for the best. You'll get something better soon :)

88 10 AE rx7
12-13-2004, 09:13 PM
the fc rx7 is a wicked car. i have a 88 T2 and absolutely love it. the premium is a bit of a bitch but yes you dont have to run it if you dont want to, but i feel bad if i dont haha. Um oh and the flooding is a typical rotary trait. If you buy one check to see if it has a fuel cut button somewhere on the dash or steering column if not add one. it will save your ass so many times. I have let 2 other people drive my car, and both times they flooded it. if it wasnt for the fuel cut i would have had to wait 20 minutes to start it. Its a computer issue with the cars. Something about not running it for like 5-10 minutes or something and the computer will go into some loop mode or i dunno i havent really researched much about. but it is normal.

In my opinion there isnt really many other cars out there that have the balance and feel or an rx7, or the fun to drive. just having the powerband from 4000-9000rpm does it for me, its a crotchrocket with 4 wheels.

Also, they are fairly easy to upgrade. mine as it sits now makes 232 rwhp and 215ft/lbs of torque at the wheels on 11lbs of boost, with only a turbo back exhaust and a cone filter installed.

Before you do buy one, research the hell out of them, they are insanely picky cars. do TONS AND TONS of research.
but in the end you will be happy trust me :D

Blue Supra
12-13-2004, 09:27 PM
ended up putting the money into my race car instead:D

Hjholter3
12-29-2004, 05:13 PM
one, the Rx7's flood easily if not given time to warm up, two, detonation can still affect the rotory, as you'll destroy your apex seals.

the best way to make an Rx7 go fast is illustrated Here (http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/)

just my 2 cents. :D

charged
12-30-2004, 02:46 AM
one, the Rx7's flood easily if not given time to warm up, two, detonation can still affect the rotory, as you'll destroy your apex seals.

the best way to make an Rx7 go fast is illustrated Here (http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/)

just my 2 cents. :DRX7 has to have a rotary,thats what their all about.Would be like putting a ford v8 in a Corvette,Although the 20 b subframe looks good

fpv_gtho
12-30-2004, 02:49 AM
Yeah, agree with the above. If i wanted an LS1 i'd hunt down a Commodore, not an RX-7.

Egg Nog
12-30-2004, 07:37 PM
RX7 has to have a rotary,thats what their all about.Would be like putting a ford v8 in a Corvette,Although the 20 b subframe looks good

This is posted from another thread. It's just as relevent here:

Why the hell would anyone want to put a V8 in an Rx-7? They are all about the rotary engines.

Christ, how many times does it need to be said?

More power, more torque, and better efficiency

I'd also like to add that they are generally much more reliable and less expensive to maintain.

About half a year ago I was thinking about buying an RX-7 FC Turbo II that had a 350 Chev in it (from an IROC Camaro). The owner nearly sold it 4 years earlier because he drove it fairly hard and the rotary kept having issues. Instead of selling it, he did the V8 swap. Over the next 4 years of commuting in it daily, he had no engine problems at all, loads more power, and gobs of added torque (especially low-end). He also got noticeably better fuel economy.