PDA

View Full Version : Your action photo.

McReis
10-18-2004, 11:04 AM
This is my idea: most of us have attended auto meetings, track days or so. And msome of us have been photographed in action.

Please post any pics where you guys are in action like going sideways, under braking, acelleration, whatever!!! Motion pics where you are the star!!! :D

I already have posted the one from my avatar in full size. So I'll only post it again if someone asks for it.

Keep them comming!

henk4
10-18-2004, 11:23 AM
well, this one has been shown before, but it's the only one I have, I am attacking a left hander, doing about 70 kph.

McReis
10-18-2004, 11:25 AM
well, this one has been shown before, but it's the only one I have, I am attacking a left hander, doing about 70 kph.

Is "attacking" the appropriate expression? :D

It's a nice photo!

henk4
10-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Is "attacking" the appropriate expression? :D

It's a nice photo!

with such confort and such speed it is the only expression :D

UK CARS
10-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Action henk? :D

henk4
10-18-2004, 11:49 AM

your sense of humour has not improved during your absence

stratos
10-18-2004, 11:55 AM
uk cars's back ?????? :confused:

henk4
10-18-2004, 12:00 PM
uk cars's back ?????? :confused:

but hasn't forgiven neither forgotten :mad:

johnnynumfiv
10-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Not me but my car at a autocross. My dad is driving it.

Matra et Alpine
10-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Formula Ford 1600 at Knockhill ( in my MUCH younger days when I could fit in one :) )
A610 at knockhill
A610 at Crail (movies speak more than pictures :))
MGB GT on Carrera Caledonia

Niko_Fx
10-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Formula Ford 1600 at Knockhill ( in my MUCH younger days when I could fit in one :) )
A610 at knockhill

Sweet video, did you ever posted it before? Were you driving?

:)

Matra et Alpine
10-18-2004, 04:57 PM
Sweet video, did you ever posted it before? Were you driving?

yes ( but I couldnt' remember where on UCP - and we STILL don't have an attachments search feature yet :( ). Guilty of show-boating on the day. TVR and I were "playing" :)

and yes, me driving.
Except in the MGB, I'm the nav, mate's driving

Niko_Fx
10-18-2004, 05:04 PM
yes ( but I couldnt' remember where on UCP - and we STILL don't have an attachments search feature yet :(

Oh Oh, I smell another poll by Peter ;)

Well, very nice vid, congrats.

Egg Nog
10-18-2004, 05:38 PM
A610 at knockhill

Post the one where the A610/TR7 Explodes ;).

Now there's an action shot :D

Matra et Alpine
10-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Post the one where the A610/TR7 Explodes ;).

Now there's an action shot :D
Thankfully not ME driving :)

( Another one already posted to UCP, but don't know where :( )

AND ..... No it's not the A610. It IS a TR7, badly made up to look like the A610. By this time the BBC had decided to cancel the show and so there wan't a lot of money aroudn for special effects !!

Blue Supra
10-18-2004, 06:01 PM
ill have to watch those movies when i get home, sounds funny, seeing a car blow its engine is always a sight to see:D unless it yours, i just cried when that happned to me...:(

Egg Nog
10-18-2004, 06:19 PM
ill have to watch those movies when i get home, sounds funny, seeing a car blow its engine is always a sight to see:D unless it yours, i just cried when that happned to me...:(

It's not the engine... The entire car explodes... :D

You'll see when you get home :)

Blue Supra
10-18-2004, 06:31 PM
hahaha, ill watch that before i go drive new car:) thatll be interesting.:D

Rockefella
10-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Thankfully not ME driving :)

( Another one already posted to UCP, but don't know where :( )

AND ..... No it's not the A610. It IS a TR7, badly made up to look like the A610. By this time the BBC had decided to cancel the show and so there wan't a lot of money aroudn for special effects !!
lol, that might just be the fakest thing I've ever seen.

Shev GTR XU-1
10-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Me at winton (Victoria, Australia) in green machine acouple of months ago...

Also I flukely took this picture of Ingall going backwards into the chase at Bathurst a couple of weekends ago, the white car further in the left caused the damage in the next picture as ingall backed into him while still sliding...

Also the young lions holden sideways in sand trap at same corner

UK CARS
10-19-2004, 07:15 AM
your sense of humour has not improved during your absence
Henk,
Tell me if this is not appropriate ( The image )
I find it appropriate.
If you tell me then i can change this in the future.

henk4
10-19-2004, 07:19 AM
Henk,
Tell me if this is not appropriate ( The image )
I find it appropriate.
If you tell me then i can change this in the future.

Appreciate your request, in this case I don't like being chopped, in fact, the chop forums I never visit. I thought McReis was trying to set up a reasonable thread, showing people/members at the wheel of cars, rather than just talking about their acts of heroism. Such activities should not be undermined by useless chop activities. I think you also did that because of another comment in which you referred to me, but which I had not seen prior to the post I made about your sense of humour. :)

UK CARS
10-19-2004, 07:22 AM
Appreciate your request, in this case I don't like being chopped, in fact, the chop forums I never visit. I thought McReis was trying to set up a reasonable thread, showing people/members at the wheel of cars, rather than just talking about their acts of heroism. Such activities should not be undermined by useless chop activities. I think you also did that because of another comment in which you referred to me, but which I had not seen prior to the post I made about your sense of humour. :)
All understood Jaap. :D

McReis
10-19-2004, 07:32 AM
A610 at knockhill

Sweet images! That's exactly the kind of thing I was expecting. I'm sure you had allready overtaken that 360spider, right? Although I'm kidding, I really believe if you say you did, because there's more in a well driven Alpine than in bad driven Ferrari.

McReis
10-19-2004, 07:46 AM
All understood Jaap. :D

I hate chop's, but your action photos would be welcome in case you have them.

Some few nice pictures have been posted so know I feel I need to post mine once again. In fact I it's just my vanity talking. :D

Me and my beloved machine at a "home-made" sprint contest between trees and over a serious sleepy surface.

I was second that day, 0,01'' slower than the winning BMW 635csi. Greasy ground makes power a bit useless, I guess. ;)

Matra et Alpine
10-19-2004, 07:52 AM
Sweet images! That's exactly the kind of thing I was expecting. I'm sure you had allready overtaken that 360spider, right? Although I'm kidding, I really believe if you say you did, because there's more in a well driven Alpine than in bad driven Ferrari.
It was my boss's Ferrari.....

Would YOU have overtaken him ?

But seriously when he had all the traction aids turned on I couldn't keep up :(
knockhill has 4 nasty corners and grip in and out are hard to maintain at optimum. But he would also turn it off to enjoy himself more and even then it's debatable whether I was faster. I knew the track better, but he certainly had more pull up the hill than I had :(

McReis
10-19-2004, 08:15 AM
It was my boss's Ferrari.....

Would YOU have overtaken him ?

But seriously when he had all the traction aids turned on I couldn't keep up :(
knockhill has 4 nasty corners and grip in and out are hard to maintain at optimum. But he would also turn it off to enjoy himself more and even then it's debatable whether I was faster. I knew the track better, but he certainly had more pull up the hill than I had :(

Well, that's fair enough, after all he had 400 angry bhp.

When I had a boss, we once shrugged wheels in a karting race by christmas time. It was the company party, and we went racing with slick tires in the wet. We both made contact a few times and smelled grass! :D:D:D:D

First "action" movie of my red italian with me at the wheel.

McReis
10-19-2004, 08:21 AM
Second "action" movie

Matra et Alpine
10-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Second "action" movie
ooooooh was that a fishtail ?
All 50hp struggling for grip :)

Seriously, nice looking car, glad to see it being used as Fiat intended it :)

McReis
10-19-2004, 08:38 AM
ooooooh was that a fishtail ?
All 50hp struggling for grip :)

Seriously, nice looking car, glad to see it being used as Fiat intended it :)

:D Not even 50! It's something like 43bhp. Enough when you your trying so hard to slide. :D

Blue Supra
10-19-2004, 05:38 PM
hmm
ill have to get out to the track with my bro and get him to get some shots/ footage of me and my yellow beast. that exploding A610 was hilarious!

BarryM3
11-03-2004, 07:50 AM
Heres two of mine

BarryM3
11-03-2004, 07:53 AM
Video Clip of me at Nurburgring in Merc C180 Estate Rent-a-Car (http://irishperformancecars.com/gallery/albums/Nurburgring/nurburgring_023.avi)

Clip Two (http://irishperformancecars.com/gallery/albums/Nurburgring/nurburgring_021.avi)

McReis
11-03-2004, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=BarryM3] Video Clip of me at Nurburgring in Merc C180 Estate Rent-a-Car[/URL]

That's why it's so expensive to rent a car nowadays, isn't it? They never know what we mean for "weekend trip"... :D:D:D

My father owns a C280. Guess I'll take it to a track then...:D

BarryM3
11-03-2004, 08:35 AM
Ssshhhh - Surprisingly its not too expensive at all. I'm away again next weekend and I've got flights from Dublin, car rental and accomadation for 2 nights is only E250 - Very cheap weekend away.

This time my weapon of choice is a BMW 318i - A rather mundane car but until I turn 25 next year its the best I can get! :(

Matra et Alpine
11-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Video Clip of me at Nurburgring in Merc C180 Estate Rent-a-Car
Nice Barry.
How did you explain the red and white paint on the tyre walls when you returned it ??

baddabang
11-03-2004, 01:11 PM
There is this small video of me with a friends truck going off road, Ill ask him if he still has it some place. It a real funny one ;)

Blue Supra
11-03-2004, 08:02 PM
I have my track day this weekend, ill get whiteballz to take some shots/footage of me ripping it up in the new and improved datto!:D

Fleet 500
02-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Here is an action photo of my former '66 Dodge Dart GT V-8. A friend was driving and I took the photo (I told him to just leave it second gear and floor it). I took the pic because he is not good at taking pictures.
(This pic was autographed for me by John Schneider [Dukes of Hazzard]).

Fleet 500
02-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Two photos of my family's '74 Cadillac Coupe de Ville, completely stock 472 engine. Again, my friend driving; me taking the pic.

Matra et Alpine
02-20-2005, 08:42 AM
What size wheels/tyres do you run on the classics ?

Roy Visser
02-20-2005, 12:54 PM
still one of my favourite pictures ever

look at my biggrin :)

Quiggs
02-20-2005, 12:58 PM
I love that C... I'd have a big grin if I got to drive a 'Rado every day.

Fleet 500
02-20-2005, 06:13 PM
What size wheels/tyres do you run on the classics ?
The Dart came with little 13-inch tires and that's what it's wearing in the photo. I never got around to putting on 14-inchers which were originally optional.
The Caddy had 15-inch. The old style of measurement was L78-15. Now, it would be P235/85-15.

Manik
02-21-2005, 01:30 PM

lol attacking the corner in ur 700 horsepower mini. just joking great photo man!

jcp123
02-24-2005, 09:54 PM

I actually thought that one was pretty funny...