PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Is Bullshit!!!

Matt Doe
10-19-2004, 02:43 AM
hey im sick of stupid kids going on about car tuning all you stupid kids probably have probably never even driven a car or probably dont even know the difference between a shitbox asian doneup bomb and a prestegious european hotrod. Tuning is bullshit and all this hype over done up cars is crap- a done up car is a shitbox with bits of fake carbon a few plastic peices of shit and some lights. so all u little kids facinated with your bodykits and do it yourself aluminium spoilers get a life and wait till you have driven cars to know what your talking about...

Matra et Alpine
10-19-2004, 02:51 AM
hey im sick of stupid kids going on about car tuning all you stupid kids probably have probably never even driven a car or probably dont even know the difference between a shitbox asian doneup bomb and a prestegious european hotrod. Tuning is bullshit and all this hype over done up cars is crap- a done up car is a shitbox with bits of fake carbon a few plastic peices of shit and some lights. so all u little kids facinated with your bodykits and do it yourself aluminium spoilers get a life and wait till you have driven cars to know what your talking about...
Matt, WELCOME ABOARD, have you spent much time reading on UCP forum ?

Very few 'stupid kids' as you describe them, so not sure why the tirade :)

Plenty of us stupid old farts though who DO tune and race cars for our hobbies !!!

I think you meant 'ricers' - do a search and you'll see our collective opinion and realise you've found a 'home' !!!! So please don't shit in the yard :)

digitalcraft
10-19-2004, 04:42 AM
Haha! That's quite a bit of aggression! Something bad happen to you? Please share.

Rockefella
10-19-2004, 05:16 AM
Most of us hate ricers, as you described... I wouldn't really classify anyone here as a ricer (at least the normal members). I personally drive a rally-spec Citroen C4.... you prob. heard of me, my name is Sebastian Loeb. Ill show you a pic of me trying to drive into a hyperspeed portal, the second the picture was taken I was going 550 kph.

henk4
10-19-2004, 05:33 AM
Most of us hate ricers, as you described... I wouldn't really classify anyone here as a ricer (at least the normal members). I personally drive a rally-spec Citroen C4.... you prob. heard of me, my name is Sebastian Loeb. Ill show you a pic of me trying to drive into a hyperspeed portal, the second the picture was taken I was going 550 kph.

C4?? A 2002 Xsara you mean :D

Matra et Alpine
10-19-2004, 05:38 AM
Aha, a chance to explain to Matt the beuaty of the "Egg-Nog UCP Official Onwership challenge"

So come on Rockefella, the picture on the gearstick please. What?? you dont' have digital camera, or the cars in the 'shop or your disposabel camera isn't full or (chose other pathetic reason) ? Ah well back to reality :)

Niko_Fx
10-19-2004, 06:58 AM
We all share the same feelings Matt-2 (I'm going to call you Matt-2, we already have a famous Matt in here), but you have to realize that posting all that will get you nowhere, cause using a pc and browsing the internet is slightly complicated for ricers (Except for me - I own a Civic BTW ;) )

Relax a bit.

UK CARS
10-19-2004, 07:08 AM
i own a pegeot 106.....and ive riced it up ......the spoiler currently stands at 30cm off the roof. :D

islero
10-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Chill, buddy, you probably just had a bad day. And remember, you gotta make friends here, dontcha?

Deutscher Adler
10-19-2004, 09:47 AM

!!!!! HAHAHA!!!! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard on this forum! :D

That was great. Good job !

In my opinion Tuning is cool but Tuning a Honda is not for me. I honestly dont appreciate Civic's, RSX's, TSX's, or Type R anything. Even though my emotions would tell me otherwise, along with my beliefs, I have to say that such cars as the Skyline GTR (be it R32, R33, R34), NSX, etc. are good cars. Even though I think the quality on all japanese cars SUCKS.

I always like to throw some eye candy on my posts but when it comes to this topic of J-cars, I have no fotos to share. :o

Rockefella
10-19-2004, 10:15 AM
C4?? A 2002 Xsara you mean :D
Oops, my fault, i've been playing Rallisport Challenge 2 for too long, my fav. car in that is the Citroen C4 :p :p

Rockefella
10-19-2004, 10:16 AM
i own a pegeot 106.....and ive riced it up ......the spoiler currently stands at 30cm off the roof. :D
I own a type-R civic w/ a reallllllllly good v-tec engine and my spoiler is 35 cm above the roof.

Deutscher Adler
10-19-2004, 10:30 AM
In a way we have to let these misinformed people build up or "tune" their ricer rocket soy burners. This way when your rolling in your fine European Automobile and you hear what sounds like a sworm of angry bees coming from behind you and you realize it is some sort of Honda or Acura that has been kitted with a fiberglass bodykit to make it seem like an Alfa Romeo, you just tap the accelerator and pull away from his POS with ease. He or she approaches you at the red light your waiting at. You then proceed to hand them their butts within a matter of seconds.

Basically, we need people like this to have a little fun. Let them do their thing even though we don't agree with their ideology. It makes life more fun this way. We get a good laugh. We need some weirdos who like making their cars look fishes and cartoon characters.

RS6
10-19-2004, 10:43 AM
The problem is, when I see ricers, I sometimes laugh so much that I nearly crash my car. Ricers aren't dangerous because they drive around thinking they are Ayrton Senna, but because they put other road users into laughing fits. :D

Oh, and if I saw the guy driving this thing drive past, I might just laugh myself to death. (Monty Python :D )

Dodgy Primera (http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/carbages/80/01/)

Deutscher Adler
10-19-2004, 10:45 AM
The problem is, when I see ricers, I sometimes laugh so much that I nearly crash my car. Ricers aren't dangerous because they drive around thinking they are Ayrton Senna, but because they put other road users into laughing fits. :D

I agree I have had a few close calls myself. :)

This angers them and then they start to be faster and furious.

RS6
10-19-2004, 10:49 AM
I agree I have had a few close calls myself. :)

This angers them and then they start to be faster and furious.

I remember pulling away from the lights in my Diesel Picasso and beating a ricer at the job. His car was making a hell of a lot of noise but not going anywhere. Maybe next time he will choose a VTS Saxo instead of a 1.1. :D

Bladerider
10-19-2004, 10:51 AM
I love rice,

You cant beat a good chicken and mushroom risotto in the winter months.

And if your pathetic excuses (see EggNogs post) are valid try the Bladey RegDoc Method instead !!! :D :D :D

At least my spoilers give real downforce !! lol

J.

PsychoChimp22
10-19-2004, 11:47 AM
hes just being a flamer. theres a difference between tuning and ricing.... and personaly i dont have a problems with tuned cars, whats wronge with throwing a 1100hp TT system on a viper???

BTW: I think aruging over it is is just making yourself look like an idiot... i think everybody on this site has stated their opinion at atlease one time or another, and its clear that there are more people who dont like rice than people who do.

Deutscher Adler
10-19-2004, 01:02 PM
So if I show you a foto of a skyline....you will no longer bob your head in your avatar? :)

How about a Skyline GTR R34 NUR? I am sorry I can't resist the urge! :D

r1ckst4
10-19-2004, 01:05 PM
So if I show you a foto of a skyline....you will no longer bob your head in your avatar? :)

How about a Skyline GTR R34 NUR? I am sorry I can't resist the urge! :D
Hi deutscher adler....

i deleted my post, coz it was for the wrong thread... lol... :D :p

Deutscher Adler
10-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Hi deutscher adler....

i deleted my post, coz it was for the wrong thread... lol... :D :p

Did I ever tell you that your a funny guy? :)

Matt Doe
10-20-2004, 02:25 AM
hey i got lots of replies!! lol

danno
10-20-2004, 02:48 AM
hey i got lots of replies!! lol

haha lol....................................mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm

so why did you make this thread in the first place?

Matt Doe
10-20-2004, 02:49 AM
good q...

danno
10-20-2004, 02:53 AM
was it just random?

it would help if you inserted slightly more information in your posts :)

QuattroMan
10-20-2004, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=Matt Liveriadis]hey im sick of stupid kids going on about car tuning all you stupid kids probably have probably never even driven a car or probably dont even know the difference between a shitbox asian doneup bomb and a prestegious european hotrod.

Hey Matt ! don't worry bee happy man :D we all hate stupid kids, 20 years ago I was a 16 year old stupid kid who loved to race....now I am 36 year old stupid kid who steel loves to race please take it easy on us :D

quattro_20v
10-21-2004, 09:30 AM
I am 21 but at least I race in style :P. Many ppl say I drive a car too expensive, they think I should drive an opel astra 1.6 or something but I hate those cars. I guess they are all car haters. But sometimes ppl come to me telling me it's a nice car. It costs me quite a lot but I like cars unlike most ppl I guess.
Anyway this place at least isnt full of car haters :P
anyone else ever encountering this btw?

QuattroMan
10-21-2004, 09:53 AM
I am 21 but at least I race in style :P. Many ppl say I drive a car too expensive, they think I should drive an opel astra 1.6 or something but I hate those cars. I guess they are all car haters. But sometimes ppl come to me telling me it's a nice car. It costs me quite a lot but I like cars unlike most ppl I guess.
Anyway this place at least isnt full of car haters :P
anyone else ever encountering this btw?

Oh yeeee!!! all the time "will" when I was 16-18 :D what kind of car do you drive what about pic's please it will be nice.....

quattro_20v
10-21-2004, 02:53 PM
I have an Audi 90 quattro 20v, 13 yrs old I think this car never breaks down, can pull it to 7000 all the time (after warm up of course), it doesnt look very new anymore, u can see it's used quite a lot, and it's not an audi like they make em today, but the feel the sound and the fun cant be matched with many new cars :P. I hate those plastic things on the engine compartment of todays cars. it screws the sound. I dont even have a sports exhaust, but the pure engine sound of an inline 5 at lots of rpm can hardly be matched by that...
I would still like to modify it, but it drinks a lot of fuel, and I also spend my money on other things then my car, so I dont have mucht left. And I often got to get to work at 5.30 am, so if I would ad a custom made sports exhaust I would wake the whole neighbourhood up.

Here are 2 pics, not the best ones, but at least u can see it :P

QuattroMan
10-21-2004, 06:29 PM
I have an Audi 90 quattro 20v, 13 yrs old I think this car never breaks down, can pull it to 7000 all the time (after warm up of course), it doesnt look very new anymore, u can see it's used quite a lot, and it's not an audi like they make em today, but the feel the sound and the fun cant be matched with many new cars :P. I hate those plastic things on the engine compartment of todays cars. it screws the sound.
Here are 2 pics, not the best ones, but at least u can see it :P

nice car i realy like that car

PerfAdv
10-21-2004, 07:11 PM
Hey Matt-2, as someone here has named you, go and take the RICER test. What's the difference between tuning and ricing? Let that be your warmup question.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8757

Matt
10-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Hey Matt-2, as someone here has named you, go and take the RICER test. What's the difference between tuning and ricing? Let that be your warmup question.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8757

Please, don't call him that. I'm personally offended.

PerfAdv
10-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Please, don't call him that. I'm personally offended.
No disrespect intended. How about 'the other Matt'? .........Maybe, I'll just leave it alone for now :)

Matt
10-21-2004, 08:54 PM
No disrespect intended. How about 'the other Matt'? .........Maybe, I'll just leave it alone for now :)

The Un-Matt? :)

Blue Supra
10-21-2004, 10:48 PM
the anti-matt-er
:rolleyes: