PDA

View Full Version : GTA San Andreas leaked!

xDRAN0x
10-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is the latest video game to fall into the hands internet prirates.

Rockstar, the publishers of the title are “aggressively pursuing” the pirates who leaked a copy of the latest version on the to the internet.

It’s not the first game however to fall victim to piracy on the web. Even last week copies of Halo 2 on the Xbox where leaked, in August Doom 3 was leaked and late last year Half-Life 2 suffered the safe fate.

The latest in the franchise, San Andreas, is due to go on sale at the end of the month.

In a statement, Edinburgh-based Rockstar Games said a pirated version of the game had been posted to various internet sites.

"The proper authorities are investigating the theft and are continuing to investigate all possible leads to ensure there is no further dissemination of our creative content," said the company.

UK CARS
10-21-2004, 11:44 AM
So Rockstar is british? ( american ? )
I have a copy of it if any wants it! :P

Mustang
10-21-2004, 11:45 AM
mates had a copy of it for a while, doesnt have sound though :p

xDRAN0x
10-21-2004, 11:47 AM
thought is had JUST leaked? Didn't knew it was on the Internet for some time already. Never seen in on mirc/bittorrent websites.

Mustang
10-21-2004, 11:49 AM
thought is had JUST leaked? Didn't knew it was on the Internet for some time already. Never seen in on mirc/bittorrent websites.

he got it in china i think, but everything there is easy to get a copy of

he goes and get pirate DVD's that arent due out for months for 40pence each :p

xDRAN0x
10-21-2004, 11:50 AM
he got it in china i think, but everything there is easy to get a copy of

he goes and get pirate DVD's that arent due out for months for 40pence each :p

do you have he has the PC version or Ps2?

:Exige:
10-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Hope you know it isnt legal to post links to download sites for GTASA. Rockstar are contacting the ISPs of any websites that have links to or contain the files. This also goes for leaked screens and boxshots. My home forums are a GTA one and no site so far has got away with having leaked screens on for more than 2 hours before being shutdown and prosecuted. R* are really pissed off about this as you could imagine :).

Coventrysucks
10-21-2004, 12:31 PM
So Rockstar is british? ( american ? )

Rockstar is British* AFAIK, however GTA Vice City and IIRC San Andreas are both developed by Rockstar North, Rockstar's North American division.

*Probably why the GTA series has such a wicked sense of humour.

UK CARS
10-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Rockstar is British* AFAIK, however GTA Vice City and IIRC San Andreas are both developed by Rockstar North, Rockstar's North American division.

*Probably why the GTA series has such a wicked sense of humour.
You being sarky Bob?

Mustang
10-21-2004, 03:16 PM
do you have he has the PC version or Ps2?

PC im guessing dunno i only found out he had it today, see he is one of the new mates from college not been there long