PDA

View Full Version : picture of my twinturbo'd car

hotwheels
10-22-2004, 07:06 PM
it's not much, but it is mine and i built it myself......it is pretty fast when you figure i am at 6500' in elevation........runs 12.6 @ 115mph hotwheels

Sweeney921
10-22-2004, 07:28 PM
nice, car, but a little proof of purchase would be nice

McLareN
10-23-2004, 02:46 AM
M8, i dont like you avatar, but the car is ok since you build it yourself

whiteballz
10-23-2004, 03:05 AM
i swear thats a commodore vl or something like it.

Niko_Fx
10-23-2004, 06:35 AM
i swear thats a commodore vl or something like it.

That's a 5.0L old Mustang.

hotwheels
11-04-2004, 07:46 AM
yea it's old..........i am a broke american, don't have a pot to piss in, but here is a pic of my 04 mach 1..........hotwheels of turborides

hotwheels
11-04-2004, 07:48 AM
i changed my avatar too........ ;) hope that is more appropriate........hotwheels of turborides

mechanixfetch
11-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Ownership challenge! else I'm skeptical

taz_rocks_miami
11-04-2004, 03:38 PM
If you don't have a pot to piss in like you say, how can you have 1988, 1992 and 2004 Mustangs??? The Egg Nogg test is called for here, on all three cars.

Rockefella
11-04-2004, 03:54 PM
I doubt that you own any of these cars... if you do, explain how the twin-turbos work in you're old mustang.

Meltdown
11-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Jesus Christ, who gives a **** if they're his or not. For one, why would he claim to own a few Mustangs rather than a turbo Lingenfelter Corvette. I believe him. Even if he doesn't have them, I just don't care. It's a cool picture of a twin turbo stang anyway. BTW, I own a Maybach.

taz_rocks_miami
11-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Jesus Christ, who gives a **** if they're his or not. For one, why would he claim to own a few Mustangs rather than a turbo Lingenfelter Corvette. I believe him. Even if he doesn't have them, I just don't care. It's a cool picture of a twin turbo stang anyway. BTW, I own a Maybach.

The Egg Nogg test is a little thing we have to keep BS fanboys off the forum. If you own what you say you do, it's easy take. It's one of the things that makes us different from other forums.

Rockefella
11-06-2004, 10:18 PM
I give a **** if it's his or not... Fanboys clog up the forums w/ their retarded little claims. Congratulations on the Maybach though. :rolleyes:

Meltdown
11-07-2004, 07:10 AM
Thanks, I worked hard for it.

I just don't understand why a fanboy would claim to own three mustangs, two of which being an older generation, and the fastest doing about a 12 in the quarter. Considering twin turbo v8, I would have claimed that my turbos were pushing 18 psi of boost along with a purpose-built racing engine. My twin turbo Mustang would have been doing 8's in the quarter with the stock sheet metal body.

I actually own an 03 V6 Mustang.

hotwheels
11-10-2004, 06:55 PM
what do you need for proof of ownership? that is kind of a wierd request, but i will honor it. Let me know what you think. I can post more pictures if you need, i just didn't want to take up alot of banwidth. As far as my turbo car and experience, feel free to stop by my web site at www.turborides.com and see what my thoughts are on how a turbo works. If you would like, i can start a thread and in laymens terms, describe the full workings of a turbo motor...............anyways, hotwheels of turborides

Matra et Alpine
11-10-2004, 07:02 PM
what do you need for proof of ownership? that is kind of a wierd request, but i will honor it.
It's a tradition here on UCP, it very quickly removes the BS'ers ( well soem of them :) ) from UCP :)
Search for the "egg-nog challenge" and you'll see others posts. Simple, write a message on a sheet of paper to UCP with your UCP sig and stick it over the top of the gearshift, take a pic and post it.

Let me know what you think. I can post more pictures if you need, i just didn't want to take up alot of banwidth. As far as my turbo car and experience, feel free to stop by my web site at www.turborides.com and see what my thoughts are on how a turbo works. If you would like, i can start a thread and in laymens terms, describe the full workings of a turbo motor...............anyways, hotwheels of turborides
Thanks, there are many threads already on UCP describing it and it's almost becoming tradition ehre to poitn folks to www.howstuffworks.com for the easy introductory explanations.
Looking forward to your comments on the more advanced stuff folks will usually ask Qs about.
Welcome :)

hotwheels
11-10-2004, 07:08 PM
rockefella, i will do a quick run down on my turbo system.

i have two t3/t4 hybrid turbo's........they are sitting on the end of mac shorty headers...just before the turbo's i have 2 deltawaste gates, for controlling my boost, i also have a boost controller which comes from my drivers side turbo, which senses the boost...my hotside exhaust dumps out of the turbo's hotside, into 3" dump tubes, which connect to a mac exhaust system, which has a set of mac 3" pro dumps.....on the cold side of my turbo's, the air enter's the turbo's, and goes into my intercooler (which is rated for 750 hp), from there it goes through my 3.5" pro-m maf and into a 75mm throttle body, on the same line, before my maf system, i have a turbonetics stage 3 bov........now, when i floor the car and the boost begins to build, my wastegates will open and dump any extra boost of exhaust that is not needed for my engine's needs. When i let off of the gas pedal, my bov valve makes a wooshing sound, letting of any extra pressure that was going into my intake system, in order to prevent my turbo's from stalling or even worse, spinning backwards......i have a x2cmotorsports.com v2.0 transmission installed, along with a mcleod sfi bellhousing, fly wheel and backing plate, with a spec III clutch to control my forward momentum. My car sits on mickey thompson et streets which are 10.5 x 26 ........um, my ignition system is an msd 6al, an msd pro billet dist., along with a msd btw to control my timing retard when i go into boost..........i have a turbo timer, a/f ratio gauge, boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, etc...........let me know if that is enough knowledge, of if you feel like you would like to challenge my knowledge on the workings of a turbo system......please take the time and check out my cars, and my thoughts at www.turborides.com i might talk gibberish, but i don't talk shit........i am 40 years old and my hobby is mustangs, i am sorry that most people can't afford to play or what ever you may call it, but a site like this, base on true high performance cars, should really car about my cars, that all together aren't worth over 35,000 u.s. later rockefella................hotwheels of turborides

i also apologize to the mods and admins for using up this bandwidth for this type of conversation, normally i would post in a better spot, but the question's of my cars was aske here........i truly hope that is okay, i mean no disrespect...........hotwheels

hotwheels
11-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Matra et Alpine ...........thanks for the warm welcome. hotwheels

Matra et Alpine
11-10-2004, 07:14 PM
i also apologize to the mods and admins for using up this bandwidth for this type of conversation, normally i would post in a better spot, but the question's of my cars was aske here........i truly hope that is okay, i mean no disrespect...........hotwheels
no apologies necessary anbd no disprespect :)

Once you've read around UCP a bit more you'll find stuff people SHOULD apologise for and IS disrespectful. ( tho keeping out of the Aussie forums lessens the impact :) sorry guys )

Good post on your setup and nice pics.
Keep posting pics and info on the 'stangs :)

hotwheels
11-10-2004, 07:28 PM
okay, i think i got the egg-nog challenge...........let me know if this works, look at the pic's i just uploaded.............hotwheels

hotwheels
11-10-2004, 07:31 PM
here are a couple more.....i hope i am playing egg-nog challenge correctly..........hotwheels oh, and thanks again Matra et Alpine, let me know if anymore pictures are needed for this challenge.....i love showing off my cars.....matter of fact, my old mustang one 3rd place at a car show for hotrod building......... :D

Rockefella
11-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Great proof man, no BS afterall. :D

hotwheels
11-10-2004, 08:38 PM
thanks rockefella, i wish i would have known more about the egg-nog challenge, hell, that is an awesome idea. I usually just take a person on thier word...never really figured people would lie about stuff they own. But, i guess that would happen now aday...........anyways, later for now hotwheels of turborides

taz_rocks_miami
11-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Sorry for not believing you before. It's just that we get BSers all the time. Nice cars!

Matra et Alpine
11-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Some way to take the challenge - usually one's enough :)

Of course now I just want to see more pics WITHOUT the bits of paper !!!

Only joking, dont' go putting TOO much effort in for UCPers :)

hotwheels
11-11-2004, 08:17 AM
lmao........thanks guys........i took all the pic's last nite, just to be sure everyone know's they are mine. They aren't much, but again, they are mine.........the 88 and the 92 are both paid for and the 2004, well i still have 4 years left of easy finance payments..........hotwheels

2ndclasscitizen
11-30-2004, 09:38 PM
that 04 stang looks cool (and thats coming from a holden fan), but it needs bigger rims, nice cars mate

hotwheels
12-01-2004, 12:50 AM
thanks friend, i truly appreciate the positive comment's.......i tend to agree, if they would have put bigger rim's, and a little bit deeper rim, the car would be the bomb.....i truly love the car and i hope i never have to get rid of it. Would love to keep it so my grandkids, if i ever have any, will have something kewl to show their friends..............have a superday, hotwheels of turborides

SMterminator
12-04-2004, 02:44 AM
Very nice cars! Was it originally painted orange?

hotwheels
12-11-2004, 07:51 AM
no, the mach 1 is original......it is torch red......only has like 1200 miles on the odometer..........hotwheels

my porsche
12-12-2004, 07:55 AM
you have a discustingly dirty mach 1, i think i might have to take that off your hands and wash it properly... :)

hotwheels
12-15-2004, 09:02 PM
you know whats worse? I went to drive it yesterday and the battery is dead....i have a radar detector, that may be why it is dead. Sucks though, car has only about 1200 miles on it........hotwheels

jcp123
12-16-2004, 01:55 AM
Nice Mach. My dad would like to race you in his sometime ;)