PDA

View Full Version : REQ: Lancia Thema 8.32

Revo
10-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Hello,
could anyone post pictures of Lancia Thema 8.32, please?
For those who are not so familiar with European cars, I just say that it is probably first and last front wheel drive Ferrari. ;)
Thank You and

Cheers! :)

Gt1Street
10-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Hello,
could anyone post pictures of Lancia Thema 8.32, please?
For those who are not so familiar with European cars, I just say that it is probably first and last front wheel drive Ferrari. ;)
Thank You and

Cheers! :)
not even a wink will make that hideous thing into a Ferrari

Revo
10-23-2004, 10:22 AM
not even a wink will make that hideous thing into a Ferrari
Well, little lie never hurts... :)

Cheers!

islero
10-23-2004, 07:30 PM
i say search in google. I'm gonna do that now,

islero
10-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Here y'are! Not great quality but better than nuthin. :)

Revo
10-24-2004, 02:08 AM
i say search in google. I'm gonna do that now,
You see, I did some search in the Web. All pictures I could find were really small and blur. (Damn, I even searched UCP forums before posting my request here :) )You did far better than me in search of those photos.
It seems to me that Lancia Thema 8.32 is kind of misfit, no Ferrari enthusiast wants to admit there is any connection between prancing horse and front wheel drive. And Lancia fans are too busy glorifying their long gone supremacy in rally.

Thanks for your time and effort, mate!

Cheers!

islero
10-24-2004, 05:14 AM
yeah, i know, even i'm pretty frustrated by the attitude lancia and ferrari fans have towards this baby. and you're welcome.

Matra et Alpine
10-25-2004, 08:19 AM
ah, well you ARE in for a surprise :)

See http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5881

Pics AND video of the beast.

It's fast and handles surpisingly well for such a large car.
Mates got one :)
here's a pic NOT in the carrera thread just for you .....

Coventrysucks
10-25-2004, 10:08 AM
I'd quite like one, along with all the other Q-cars I have my eye on.

Revo
10-25-2004, 10:15 AM
ah, well you ARE in for a surprise :)....

And suprised I am.
Merci beaucoup! :)

Cheers!

Revo
10-25-2004, 10:20 AM
I'd quite like one, along with all the other Q-cars I have my eye on.
Please excuse my ignorance, but what are Q-cars? :o

Cheers!

Coventrysucks
10-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Q-cars are like Q-ships.

Q-Ships were concieved in WWI to stop German submarines. They were fairly ordinary merchant ships, but had Royal Navy personnel on board, and guns hidden in deckhouses.

When a sub got within range, thinking it was an easy target, the Q-ship would open fire on the sub, hopefully destroying it.

Q-cars are less deadly, but have a similar thinking; they look like an everyday boring car, but usually pack a big wad of performance.

Things like the Volvo 850 T5, the Audi RS2 (pref. not the bright blue one), Saab 900 T16 etc.

There aren't that many Q-cars on the market these days, because most people want to show off, so manufacturers put big wheels and sporty bodykits on.

The closest you can get is probably a de-badged Jaguar XJR, or S-Type R

islero
10-26-2004, 07:51 AM
i think E39 M5 was pretty good as far as q-cars go. it embarrased ferraris and looked like a normal exec!

Matt
10-26-2004, 07:58 AM
Q-cars are like Q-ships.

Q-Ships were concieved in WWI to stop German submarines. They were fairly ordinary merchant ships, but had Royal Navy personnel on board, and guns hidden in deckhouses.

When a sub got within range, thinking it was an easy target, the Q-ship would open fire on the sub, hopefully destroying it.

Q-cars are less deadly, but have a similar thinking; they look like an everyday boring car, but usually pack a big wad of performance.

Things like the Volvo 850 T5, the Audi RS2 (pref. not the bright blue one), Saab 900 T16 etc.

There aren't that many Q-cars on the market these days, because most people want to show off, so manufacturers put big wheels and sporty bodykits on.

The closest you can get is probably a de-badged Jaguar XJR, or S-Type R

He's trying to say it's a "sleeper". :D

Coventrysucks
10-26-2004, 09:22 AM

That's what you put train tracks on.

E39 M5 is too easily identifyable though. If you had the M5 engine, with the standard 5 series bodykit and wheels, 520i badge on the back = Q

It is almost diametricly opposed to "rice", which is all show, no go.
Q-cars are absolutely no show, all go.

Probably why it appeals to me so much. ;)

stratos
10-26-2004, 09:36 AM
its another awesome lancia its a shame that lancia dosen't make anymore cras like those :(

DasModell
10-26-2004, 10:09 AM
the thesis is a lovely car. just a beauty . all it need is a Ferrari/Maseratu V8 . like in the Quattroporte .. and . bum . you've got a Q-car ..

Revo
10-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Ah, can you explain "sleeper" so thoroughly to a illiterate like me? :D

Many Thanks to Coventrysucks for fantastic explanation.

its another awesome lancia its a shame that lancia dosen't make anymore cras like those
Yep, totally agreed. However, we do have a certain 3,6 litre V8 waiting, all that's missing is a truly stylish and discrete Lancia.

Cheers!

McReis
10-26-2004, 10:51 AM
E39 M5 is too easily identifyable though. If you had the M5 engine, with the standard 5 series bodykit and wheels, 520i badge on the back = Q

My mate has a black 1990 M5 with no badges at all. So he gets revved by many guys taking it for a 525tds or so... That's when he puts a smile on his face and steps deep... Nice!!

Matt
10-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Ah, can you explain "sleeper" so thoroughly to a illiterate like me? :D

Many Thanks to Coventrysucks for fantastic explanation.

Yep, totally agreed. However, we do have a certain 3,6 litre V8 waiting, all that's missing is a truly stylish and discrete Lancia.

Cheers!

Sleeper is a car that doesn't look fast or special and hides its true talents.

Revo
10-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Ah, can you explain "sleeper" so thoroughly to a illiterate like me?
Sleeper is a car that doesn't look fast or special and hides its true talents.
I am sorry to say, Matt, I was just pulling your leg :), "sleeper" is one of few english automotive slangs that I do know. BTW, extremely clear and good definition for "sleeper".
Now, seriously, maybe UCP should have sticky forum about automotive slang. There are plenty of boneheads like me who do not know these expressions.

Cheers!

Qster
10-27-2004, 01:15 AM
Hello everyone - new here. Saw this thread and had to jump in!

I have an 8.32 as my daily driver and it is a fantastic bit of kit. If anyone would like any photos or info, let me know..

McReis
10-27-2004, 02:31 AM

I have an 8.32 as my daily driver and it is a fantastic bit of kit. If anyone would like any photos or info, let me know..

We always want new photos! :) Bring them on! And be welcome!

Great car you have!

henk4
10-31-2004, 02:11 AM

Congrats, but how do you cope with what was always said to be the big pitfall of the car, being the maintenance of the Ferrari engine. Service intervals of 7500 km seem to be the norm and come at Ferrari prices.

sl55kleemann
10-31-2004, 05:26 AM
only one :)

Revo
10-31-2004, 05:58 AM
only one :)
It is a lovely picture, thank you! :)

I have an 8.32 as my daily driver and...)
Come on, Qster, please share your experience of owning such a delicate piece of machinery. And welcome to UCP :)

Cheers!

erikky
11-14-2004, 02:06 AM
Hi Revo,

I think the logical place to take a look is here:
http://www.cateten.demon.nl/home.html
This is the page of the 8.32 owner's club.
Enjoy!

est regards,
Erikky

Revo
11-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Hi Revo,

Enjoy!

est regards,
Erikky

Hello Erikky and welcome to UCP! :)
I know this great site since the dark ages, thanks nevertheless.
You see, quality of pictures there isn't exactly first class, that's why I started this thread.

Cheers!

henk4
11-14-2004, 02:31 AM
Welcome Erikky, it always good to get new members from the FSU.
It looks however that the site has been neglected, latest update november 2003, and some links don't work. It is a Dutch web address, so we will a possibility to find out more.

Hi Revo,

Enjoy!

est regards,
Erikky

Qster
02-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Hi Chaps,
Having some problems posting - I've put some pictures of the car and one or two of it's friends at a recent meet on a website I'm building - www.8-32.com/images

let me know what you think,

regards,

Qster

Coventrysucks
02-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Looks great, British weather doing its best to spoil it though.
First 3 pics are brilliant, if a little small. ;)

Nice collection of Ferraris there, and a nice setting whereabouts is that?

Qster
02-21-2005, 09:10 AM
That was a meet at Hever Castle, in Kent.
The weather did kind of make all the machinery nice and shiny, though. :)

Have to add - the 1st three are so much better because I didn't take them!
At least one (My car on it's own) was taken by a fantastic photographer - check his site at www.trackdemon.co.uk
I owe him my thanks for letting me use the pic.

henk4
02-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Nice shots, could we also have the engine bay and the interior? :)

Coventrysucks
02-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Have to add - the 1st three are so much better because I didn't take them!
At least one (My car on it's own) was taken by a fantastic photographer - check his site at www.trackdemon.co.uk
I owe him my thanks for letting me use the pic.

I thought I recognised the style, and some of those cars from the Vmax pics.
Bloody good with a camera that guy.

Revo
02-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Ohoo, it's so nice suprise to see this thread back alive :)

Qster, great looking piece of machinery and wonderful photos! More please :)
And please tell us the ups and downs of owning Thema 8.32

That reminds me the reason I started this thread (to find some high quality media photos of Thema 8.32)
Few months ago I managed to find some. Didn't want to lessen the quality so enjoy 'em from here http://www.zone.ee/kuriumbluu/

Cheers.

Coventrysucks
02-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Nice pics!

valgabr
02-21-2005, 03:59 PM
some more nice pictures

henk4
02-22-2005, 12:29 AM
some more nice pictures

Indeed, very nice interior :)

Drapu
02-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Welcome Erikky, it always good to get new members from the FSU.
It looks however that the site has been neglected, latest update november 2003, and some links don't work. It is a Dutch web address, so we will a possibility to find out more.

Hi,

The site is mine. I know, I have to update it but I have been busy (incl. my other projects, Ferrari and Delta Evo 1). I have lots of good quality pictures on Thema 8.32. Mail me at [email protected].

regards,
D.

Manik
02-28-2005, 05:59 PM
some more nice pictures

wow that has a cool looking engine. Not a amazing car but it's stoll nice.

Coventrysucks
02-28-2005, 06:36 PM
wow that has a cool looking engine. Not a amazing car but it's stoll nice.

Not an amazing car?

This fitted a Ferrari V8 in an otherwise rather taudry saloon, well before AMG went power mad.

It was the S65 of its day.

Matra et Alpine
02-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Not a amazing car but it's stoll nice.
a TRUE sleeper.

See http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99350&postcount=19 for video and http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5881 for a few pics.

The Thema was second only to a 911 on the Rest and Be Thankful stage. Only pipped by 0.2s !!!!!

And you coudl scomfortably leep in it overnight ( they did to avoid the midgies :) )

Qster
03-02-2005, 05:32 AM
Matra -

I'm slightly confused - that white Thema is not an 8.32, despite the badges, unless it has undergone a serious amount of work.
Its RHD for starters - All 8.32s were lHD and, AFAIK, no-one converted any. Looking at my engine, there is no way you could put the steering on the RHS.
The colour doesn't really matter, but no 8.32s came from the factory in white. In addition, the series 2 doesn't have badges at the rear end of the sills as that car doe.
The grille is standard thema - the 8.32 has a larger, more upright grille with a '50's Ferrari style egg crate insert.
This car has a fixed rear spoiler - the 8.32 has an electric spoiler. The only one that didn't was Ferrari's own chauffeur driven car, recently sold, that had no spoiler at all.

Sorry to be picky...

Qster

Qster
03-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Some more pics here:

http://www.8-32.com/FC/

Qster

Revo
03-04-2005, 06:51 AM
Some more pics here:

http://www.8-32.com/FC/

Qster
A very humble thank you :)

Few questions:
What year is your Lancia?
And how does it withstand daily use?

Cheers!

Qster
03-04-2005, 07:16 AM
A very humble thank you :)

Few questions:
What year is your Lancia?
And how does it withstand daily use?

Cheers!

You're welcome :)

It's an '88, end of the Series 1 cars.

It actually makes for a very practical everyday car. The engine is quite understressed, and was changed (90 degree crank instead of flat-plane) to make it a more flexible daily driver.
It has oodles of low down torque, such that you can, if you wish, drive around all day without taking it above 3500 rpm. This would, however, be something of a waste ;)
Power steering, ABS, climate control etc all make for a surprisingly 'modern' driving experience - it feels a lot like a more spirited, characterful version of the Saab 9-5 I had a while ago.
My girlfriend also drives the car, and it gets used fairly frequently in central London as well as on 500 mile trips across country, and copes with both equally serenely.
Sevicing to date has been pretty much routine (biggest expense a belt change but that's only every few years) and as it isn't depreciating like a new car would, I'd say it costs me less to run than something like a Ford Focus would. It's an easy choice... :D

Qster

Matra et Alpine
03-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Matra -

I'm slightly confused - that white Thema is not an 8.32, despite the badges, unless it has undergone a serious amount of work.
I'll inquire more cloesly at the next event :)
Think he's coming to the trackday on the 19th so it could be embarrassing for him - or a shock if he was 'conned' :(

Sorry to be picky...

Qster
Not a problem, you are being accurate and giving us your knowledge to correct errors.
MUCH appreciated.

Hell, NOW I wonder how REALLY fast an 8.32 is then - given Stevie was seeing off most of the fast cars on the event :)

Matt
03-04-2005, 02:11 PM
In the hide-out

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12926

You can pick out the 8.32s by the filename. :)

uboz
03-05-2005, 04:21 AM
I search for Toyota Celica TS pics.
No 2003 version, but 1999 version.

Thanks