PDA

View Full Version : Soccer

Misho
10-31-2003, 04:13 PM
i understand that most of the users in here are from Australia and Canada (not very big on soccer), but there must be someone in here that likes soccer, or atleast knows about it !!

So whats ur favourite national team? club? player? league? match? worldcup? just gimme anything related to soccer here and ill try and go on with you.

I personally hated the last world cup. I like the english league the most. I love african teams (especially senegal in 2002). argentina is one of my favourites. i like intermilan, liverpool, and a bunch of other teams.

waiting for all u soccer guys out there !!

white devil
10-31-2003, 05:43 PM
my favourit team is HOLLAND they have gr8 player and they always compete in the final but usualy with Brazil and brazil win s in the penalty ckik
and olso i hate the 2 last world cup cause last world cup Holand was not there and when ITALY lost it was not fair !!!!!!!!!
and the 1998 soccer world cup is when HOLLAND LOST AGAINST BRAZIL IN PENALTICKIK and france wasn t supos to win i think HOLAND IS A GR8 team what do you think??????????????????

Misho
10-31-2003, 07:36 PM
Holland are definetely one of the very good teams, but they are unbeleivably unlucky !!
they didnt even make it to the last world cup. they never won a world cup. and they baely won the european championship !!
their league isnt that good though.
at least better than the german league, that really sux.

henk4
11-01-2003, 10:29 AM
Holland has a team that is living on its former reputation, but now even has great difficulties to qualify for the European championships next year in Portugal. A lot of the current international players are still with European topteams, but mostly sit on the bench. The top teams in our national competition use actually more foreign players than Dutch.
France is probably the best team now, the African teams are nicely non-conformistic.

Wouter Melissen
11-01-2003, 11:43 AM
I play soccer every Sunday.

henk4
11-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Wouter Melissen
I play soccer every Sunday.

Are you sure??

Wouter Melissen
11-01-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by henk4
Are you sure??

I run on a pitch for 90 minutes every Sunday, wether it qualifies as soccer or not is not something I can decide on.

henk4
11-01-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Wouter Melissen
I run on a pitch for 90 minutes every Sunday, wether it qualifies as soccer or not is not something I can decide on.

In theory you may be right

Misho
11-01-2003, 12:14 PM
so who in ur opinion is the best stricker now ??
i personally think that Henry (France) is the ultimate stricker. he has some off-days though, other than that he can do it all. dribble, pass, air-borne plays, shoot, run, ball control, movement without the ball . . .

henk4
11-01-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Misho
so who in ur opinion is the best stricker now ??
i personally think that Henry (France) is the ultimate stricker. he has some off-days though, other than that he can do it all. dribble, pass, air-borne plays, shoot, run, ball control, movement without the ball . . .

I am sure it is not our Super Moderator, but indeed Henry comes very close now, also with assistance of good old Dennis Bergkamp.

white devil
11-01-2003, 12:45 PM
Well i hope the 2006 world cup won t end like what happened in France man who could beleive that:mad:
and what is you r favourit player for me i like all the Holland players theire gr8 especialy Patrick kluivert ohhhh myyy god
when he has the ball you could close you r eyes and you will be sure he will do somthing unbeleivabel anybody else like Patrick kluivert and he is the best header in the world

DwZX35
11-01-2003, 05:42 PM
Soccer is great. I play on a league, we practice twice a week, and play once or twice a week.

I;m surprised on how there aren't ay flames on how its a "pansy-sport", how is it a pansy sport?

Misho
11-02-2003, 11:32 AM
what do u mean by pansy-sport anyways ?

DwZX35
11-02-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Misho
what do u mean by pansy-sport anyways ?

I was making a fake stereotypicall jock comment commonly done...by a jock, not me, just an example.

pansy means gay unfortunatly, and the ignorance of the people who use that word is gigantic

white devil
11-03-2003, 02:50 PM
so you didnt like this shot what player is better than that .

what is you r favourit team korea:p

henk4
11-03-2003, 02:58 PM
The adventures of the Super Moderator,

He played again this weekend, unfortunately he lost by 4 goals to nil, although his team exhibited superior qualities.

to be continued next week

Misho
11-08-2003, 11:19 AM
any thoughts about the 2010 world cup being assigned to africa?? there are four bidders, and ill mention them in order of most likely to least likely to win the bid.

1) south africa
2) egypt
3) morocco
4) libya & tunisia

are there security issues? financial issues? terrorism? disease? . .
does anyone here know what im talking about ?

henk4
11-08-2003, 11:42 AM
South Africa for sure, they were already very close for the 2006 games, but the Germans somehow managed to tip the balance. South Africa has a very acceptable climate (much better than Florida where the games were held not so long ago) and security should not be an issue, assuming that the USA does not qualify, otherwise they will make it an issue.

Time zone is more or less European, so it can be readily televised. The other countries you mention are indeed security risks.

Misho
11-08-2003, 11:48 PM
well all of the bidders have good/acceptable climate and time zones.
as for security, i think all of them have issues. the arab countries have the terrorism possibility and s. africa has a terribly high crime and aids rate.
however, as u mentioned s.africa was very close the last time, so i c them as the clear winners of this bid.

henk4
11-09-2003, 05:19 AM
The adventures of the Super Moderator (II)

His team lost again this weekend, but he's not to blame as his mission was elsewehre, at the 1000 KM Le Mans race. He would however have felt miserable should his team have recorded its first win in his absence.

t.b.c.

DwZX35
11-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by henk4
South Africa for sure, they were already very close for the 2006 games, but the Germans somehow managed to tip the balance. South Africa has a very acceptable climate (much better than Florida where the games were held not so long ago) and security should not be an issue, assuming that the USA does not qualify, otherwise they will make it an issue.

Time zone is more or less European, so it can be readily televised. The other countries you mention are indeed security risks.
I think terrorists have bigger issues than bombimg America's soccer team :rolleyes:

henk4
11-15-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by DwZX35
I think terrorists have bigger issues than bombimg America's soccer team :rolleyes:

It's not about what possible terrorists would have in mind, it's much more about what the USA would consider to be a security risk, which under this current paranoia government is almost anything.

The Tuner
12-20-2003, 02:13 PM
im kinda late to post sumthin up here, but anyone followed the youth world cup 2003, held in the U.A.E.? tons of teams were here....n i had to have ma dam midterms at the time! saw a couple of games tho...egypt i can vouch for - they played simply AMAZING!!! even canada and spain, spain especially....
U.A.E. played pretty good themselves....pity they got knocked out so quikly.

Homem de Gelo
12-22-2003, 10:14 AM
I'm from Brazil, so I'm a soccer fan. However, I'm much much more interested in Tennis, Motoracing and Volleyball. The media here is so infested with soccer that it bores me to quickly nowadays.

white devil
12-22-2003, 12:37 PM
I'm from Brazil, so I'm a soccer fan. However, I'm much much more interested in Tennis, Motoracing and Volleyball. The media here is so infested with soccer that it bores me to quickly nowadays.

where from BRAZIL are you i have lots of friends there especialy in Rio de Janero {i think that s how you right it }

Homem de Gelo
12-22-2003, 03:39 PM
where from BRAZIL are you i have lots of friends there especialy in Rio de Janero {i think that s how you right it }

I'm from Brasília, our capital.
But I also have friends and family in Rio, I usually go there once or twice a year.

Misho
12-22-2003, 10:02 PM
im kinda late to post sumthin up here, but anyone followed the youth world cup 2003, held in the U.A.E.? tons of teams were here....n i had to have ma dam midterms at the time! saw a couple of games tho...egypt i can vouch for - they played simply AMAZING!!! even canada and spain, spain especially....
U.A.E. played pretty good themselves....pity they got knocked out so quikly.

oh yeah , egypt were really impressive. too bad they relaxed a bit during the japan game. it cost them to play with argentina, whcih they almost beat !! good for them.
that was a prett interesting tournament. too bad i had my finals. canada were good too.

Misho
01-22-2004, 10:40 AM
some of the best soccer in the world is played in the African Nation's Cup. lucky for all os uf soccer fans, the 2004 tournament will start in 3 days.
it will be played in Tunisia with lots of teams equally expected to win the tournament, some of the these are Cameroon, Senegal, Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco and South Africa.
if your a true soccer fan, dont miss this. i know i wont. it would be nice to know that someone else will be watching so maybe we can discuss it here !

more-boost1555
01-22-2004, 12:36 PM
and I'm American! Shocked? Well anyway, I love Michael Owen he's my pic for top striker, although I haven't seen him play in a while so...

I like to watch the Champions league, although the only teams I usually know are the premiere league squads. Well there's Real Madrid, and Barcelona...but anyway.

I used to love Beckham, but then he left Man U, and besides he's just about everybody's favorite player (at least the ones that no little of the sport).

Internationally...I root for the U.S. squad of course, but I like the English, and the Irish (when they make it).

I just can't wait till Freddy Adu makes it to the World Cup squad, he looks amazing.

Misho
01-22-2004, 06:42 PM
well, i am not really surprised. soccer has been gaining popularity quickly in the states (and Canada) after the 94 world cup. although it seems to be more of a girl's sport so far (more popukar among girls is what i meant).
it seems that ur not that interested about international soccer. all i could say is that if u have a way of seeing the african nations cup in the USA, then u should do anything u can to see the games. they demonstarte some of the most talented soccer u can ever see.
although i dont think any TV station will broadcast the games, i still think u should check.

more-boost1555
01-23-2004, 12:32 PM
but it's hard to find any international games on tv in the U.S., unless it's the olympics or world cup. Occasionally we get the odd UEFA cup game, but most of the time just crappy MLS games. Although I might start watching MLS just to see Adu play. :)

Misho
01-24-2004, 07:58 PM
well, the CAF nation's cup started today. too bad u dont get that kind of soccer on ur tv.
does anyone else watch it ?

henk4
01-25-2004, 04:00 AM
well, the CAF nation's cup started today. too bad u dont get that kind of soccer on ur tv.
does anyone else watch it ?
I am afraid it will not be broadcasted on stations that I can receive.

On another note, our dude in charge is having his first match after the winterstop today. I'll keep you posted on his results but don't count on much.

henk4
01-25-2004, 06:26 AM
:D please open the champaign bottles, the dude in charge has just won his first match (4-3) against the team they were sharing last spot with. :D

Misho
01-25-2004, 08:20 AM
i sure wouldn't wanna be on any og these 2 teams !!! :D
but congrats on the first win ever !!! at least it seemed to take for ever !

Misho
01-25-2004, 08:22 AM
I am afraid it will not be broadcasted on stations that I can receive.

how come ? i thought most european sports stations will broadcast it.
anyways, being in Holland and all, you probably either like or hate Ajax Amsterdam. so what did u think of Mido before he left ? (i assume u know who Mido is !!)

henk4
01-25-2004, 09:02 AM
how come ? i thought most european sports stations will broadcast it.
anyways, being in Holland and all, you probably either like or hate Ajax Amsterdam. so what did u think of Mido before he left ? (i assume u know who Mido is !!)
You really want know? A cocky arrogant bastard, who could do nice things with a ball, but still needs a lot to learn and has a lot to prove. A bit too young to buy a Ferrari during his first year at the club.

Misho
01-25-2004, 06:37 PM
You really want know? A cocky arrogant bastard, who could do nice things with a ball, but still needs a lot to learn and has a lot to prove. A bit too young to buy a Ferrari during his first year at the club.

ofcourse i wanna know, and worry about dissing him (you've seen me in the politics thread and u know i can be very understanding of the other opinion!).
yes, the guy is cocky. mainly due to the fact that he was playing for a great team, like Ajax, at 19. and at that age, every player has a lot to learn.
as for that red Modena he got, i have to disagree with u on that one. it seems that the dutch media highly increased the hype around this topic. what a person does with his money is upto him only. come on henk, we're both car guys !! anyone in this site will buy a ferrari as soon as he can afford it!

Homem de Gelo
01-25-2004, 06:41 PM
ARHG!

Brazil lost to Paraguay and is out of the Olympics! This sucks. Our team lost so many chances to score during the match that it seemed as if they were doing Paraguay a favour!

Misho
01-25-2004, 06:46 PM
better luck next time HBoss.

as for me , arghhhhhhhhhhh
Cameroun tied 1-1 with Algeria tonight in the CAF nation's cup. Cameroun played so much better and wasted so many chances it seemed they were doing Algeria a favour !!

henk4
01-25-2004, 11:05 PM
ofcourse i wanna know, and worry about dissing him (you've seen me in the politics thread and u know i can be very understanding of the other opinion!).
yes, the guy is cocky. mainly due to the fact that he was playing for a great team, like Ajax, at 19. and at that age, every player has a lot to learn.
as for that red Modena he got, i have to disagree with u on that one. it seems that the dutch media highly increased the hype around this topic. what a person does with his money is upto him only. come on henk, we're both car guys !! anyone in this site will buy a ferrari as soon as he can afford it!

Well I tend to disasgree with you on the Ferrari. I have no problem as such with somebody having one, but it should somehow reflect that you earned it. Holland is also not a place where conspicuous consumption is highly appreciated. In his case, I think the first thing he did after signing his contract was to order one, not having achieved anything yet. When during the season it turned out that he was unmanageable (may be also because he discovered that Ibrahimovic was the better player), it was not really accepted that he had let it all hang out. It also shows the intrinsically rotten nature of professional football, which has been slightly corrected since last year, when the buying frenzy stopped and only really proven players can command high salaries and high prices.

mechanixfetch
01-25-2004, 11:27 PM
A Couple things first off Canada who some people think is not interested in soccer won the Gold cup a few years ago so there :p And I just thought I'd say that I saw a great game of Celtic vs Man Utd (my home town ie where I was born) at Seahawk stadium in Seattle (just across the US Canada border) and it was great. It was also the first time the new Seahawk stadium had been sold out. So americans would rather see soccer than football, now there is food for thought. :confused:

Misho
01-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Canada who some people think is not interested in soccer won the Gold cup a few years ago

what gold cup ?? there is nothing such as a gold cup man !!! i never heard such a thing. all cups are gold (well most of them anyways, but u know what i mean) !!

mechanixfetch
01-26-2004, 08:38 PM
the CONCACAF Gold Cup (Confederation of North, Central American, and Carribbean Football) was won by Canada in 2000 by a score of 2-0 Colombia. source: http://www.soccertimes.com/facts/international/goldcup.htm So there! :p

Matra et Alpine
01-27-2004, 04:44 AM
the CONCACAF Gold Cup (Confederation of North, Central American, and Carribbean Football) was won by Canada in 2000 by a score of 2-0 Colombia. source: http://www.soccertimes.com/facts/international/goldcup.htm So there! :p
ha-ha-ha :)
Just checked the site to see what teams are in it.
It begs the question ..... why didn't you include Latin American teams ?
erm, becuase Canada and USA would never have got past their first game !!
Seriously, that's an odd set of teams to for a federation, sounds like a US tv coverage setup.
Anyway, well done Canada.

My home town team - Airdrie - used to be proud of being regular cup-winners ... the Lanarkshire Cup. Given the competition it wasn't anything to shout about :)

Misho
01-27-2004, 12:50 PM
the CONCACAF cup ?!! that even sounds stupid !! actually i wasnt aware that Canada won it before, that's good (regardless of competition).

As for Matra Et Alpine, i have to say that unlike Canada, the U.S can actually do something agains latin american teams. the americans have greatly and steadily increased their soccer performance since their hosing of the 94 world cup. i think we all saw how good they played in the 2002 mondial and even got knowcked out of the quarter finals by a german team that didnt really deserve to win anyways.
i know they play VERY boring soccer, but it kinda gets the job done. a bit like Germany and England and unlike Holland and Argentina(this could start a huge argument :) )

henk4
01-29-2004, 01:15 PM
just watched the final 10 minutes of Algeria-Egypt. I suppose there will not be much cheering in the streets of Cairo.

Misho
01-29-2004, 06:52 PM
just watched the final 10 minutes of Algeria-Egypt. I suppose there will not be much cheering in the streets of Cairo.

ohhhhhh please dont remind me !! i have NEVER been that concentrating and eventually frustrated by a soccer game in my life, NEVER.
i cant stand that team anymore !! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
i'm packing my stuff and leaving cairo in a while anyways. cant stand that place either !!!
c u in Sharm El-Sheikh !!

:rolleyes:

henk4
01-30-2004, 01:05 AM
c u in Sharm El-Sheikh !!

:rolleyes:

can't make it there, will be skiing for the next two weeks in France. No options for further killing you. :D

Spikes
01-31-2004, 10:12 AM
The Brazilian teams are the best...he we only play football(FUTEBOL here)
The best brazillian temas are:curitiba,Atlético and Corintians!

lfb666
01-31-2004, 07:42 PM
The Brazilian soccer is disorganized, in spite of having good players, but the European championships are the best ones.
The best team of the world is the Real Madrid.
The best Brazilian team is Corinthians.
The best player is Ronaldinho.

lfb666
02-03-2004, 09:42 AM
Look this Soccer Team!

Misho
02-05-2004, 06:26 AM
hey Henk, i just got back from Sharm El-Sheikh, and i still think its the best place in the world. if you have never been there, then you are truly missing some great fun in this amazing place.
did u visit other places other than cairo during your trip here henk ??

as for soccer, its without any doubt that european competitions are the best in the world. brazilian soccer is full of talent and the brazilian national team is amazing, but brazilian leagues and competiotns are no match for euro competition. just watch the uefa champions league and you'll understand !

Falcon500
02-05-2004, 06:51 AM
Well alli know about soccer is what my grandfather says he thinks Vadooka is the best player and while he thinks beckams a good player hes not as good as the media makes him look.....I must be lacking in culture (says the bloke in the Bunderberg Rum T-shirt :D ) because i follow rugby leauge.

Misho
03-13-2004, 07:49 AM
I cant really understand why no one here seems to be a big fan of soccer ?? Is it coz most users are from Australia and Canada ?? But we have many European members too ?

Anyways, this is an attempt to try and bring this thread to life again. Anyonw watched the last round of the champions league ?? Too bad Man. United and Juventus left. I guess the title will be between A.C Milan, Arsenal and Real Madrid.
I would prefer Asenal, they seem to be unstoppable this season.

UK CARS
03-13-2004, 07:54 AM
man utd. :p forever

henk4
03-13-2004, 08:04 AM
man utd. :p forever They had a little bit too much port.

henk4
03-13-2004, 08:07 AM
I cant really understand why no one here seems to be a big fan of soccer ?? Is it coz most users are from Australia and Canada ?? But we have many European members too ?

It's a difficult subject to write about, I guess.

Misho
03-13-2004, 08:10 AM
It's a difficult subject to write about, I guess.

i beleive that at ultimatesoccerpage forums they would say the same thing when asked about cars !!

Falcon500
03-13-2004, 08:21 AM
Well i cant speak for everyone but personally i find soccer a rasther boring sport...minimal contact (eg no tackling as in rugby) and as a whole holds no real appeal to me....much like f1 its fast sure but just doesnt grabs me...i prefer more convetional cars like touring cars.

henk4
03-13-2004, 08:24 AM
i beleive that at ultimatesoccerpage forums they would say the same thing when asked about cars !!

Does that mean that you agree? Anyway, I guess the members would like to know the latest achievements of our Dude in Charge, who did not loose a match after the winterstop, with 4 wins and one draw. Tomorrow will be the next confrontation. He has yet to score his first goal though.

henk4
03-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Well i cant speak for everyone but personally i find soccer a rasther boring sport...minimal contact (eg no tackling as in rugby) and as a whole holds no real appeal to me....much like f1 its fast sure but just doesnt grabs me...i prefer more convetional cars like touring cars.

Do you need physical contact for an interesting sport? I have seen some Australian football and I found it a disgrace, as if the ball was only used as an excuse for constant tackling. For my own personal comfort I prefer sports where I can control my own injuries, that's why I ride the racing bike and play badminton.

Misho
03-13-2004, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=henk4]Does that mean that you agree? QUOTE]

not really, but i can understand what ur saying though.

as for badminton, i only played it once and found it to be very interesting. i've always liked tennis and squash so i wasn't extremely bad in badminton(?!).

Matra et Alpine
03-13-2004, 01:57 PM
I ride the racing bike and play badminton.
Ever ride in a peleton ?
Man that can get rough !!
Or do you do time trials ??

Badminton's OK unless your partner ( and wife ) likes smashing it into the back of your head. AND it was always my fault !!!! :)

Spastik_Roach
03-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Glory glory Manchester United!

I'm from rugby-mad New Zealand, and I do like Rugby, but my all-time favourite is Soccer. Best striker in the world has to be Ruud Van Nistelrooy, he is absolutely brilliant!

Stupid Arsenal won't get the goddamn F.A Cup this year.

Arsenal are the most un-sporting, mentally retarded, violent soccer team on this Earth!

Rio Ferdinand does not deserve a 8 month ban!

I think the F.A boss is seriously biased towards any team other than Man Utd.

Go Sheffield United aswell!

Niko_Fx
03-13-2004, 02:12 PM
My Soccer team is Germany.

My grandparents are German and I went to a German school 'till 5th grade. I've always liked that team and I'm the kind of person who gets really really sad every time they loose.
Since the next World Cup is in Germany I expect them to WIN. That will be an exciting World Cup, every time an European country plays the stadiums are going to be full!! Let's just hope nothing bad happens like the Germans beating up that French officer during the 1998 World Cup. Plus the games are going to be in a better schedule...during the Korea/Japan World Cup I had to wait untill 2 and 4am to watch the games.

ZerK
03-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Soccer? What's it got to do with socks :confused: But who cares, footie sucks... long live rugby! ;)

Swing low, sweet chariot, coming for to carry me home!

Matra et Alpine
03-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Soccer? What's it got to do with socks :confused: But who cares, footie sucks... long live rugby! ;)

Swing low, sweet chariot, coming for to carry me home!
GO Ireland.

We spread it around the celtic nations.....
Scotland beat the socceor team after 1966.
Ireland beat the rugby team :)
Will 'Sir' Clive give his gong back ????

FOR SALE
One chariot, (low-swinging, sweet type),in urgent need of repair
(wheels have come off..again). One careless owner.

FOR SALE
100,000 Grand Slam t-shirts, ties & scarves - unused
(choice of 1998/99, 1999/2000, 2000/2001and 2003/2004 )

LOST
(On way to Twickenham)
(i) Plan B
(ii) Graciousness
(iii) Bottle.

MEN CHOKE IN FRONT OF LARGE CROWD
49,000 spectators watched helplessly yesterday as 15 sportsmen choked
in front of them, apparently after being force-fed a large slice of humble
pie. A doctor attending the scene said that the men had a medical history of
this sort of thing: apparently it also happened in 2000 in Edinburgh, Wembley in 1999 and Landsdowne in 2001.

IN MEMORIAM
Slam, G : passed away, 7th Feb 2004. Sorely missed by Clive and the
boys.

:):):):):)

Falcon500
03-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Now that is funny. im thourgly enjoying that post :D

Misho
03-13-2004, 06:09 PM

Arsenal are the most un-sporting, mentally retarded, violent soccer team on this Earth!

nope, no glory for manchester united.

arsenal will win the premiere league and the champions league. so who cares about the FA cup ??

FA boss is a fan of man. united !!

GO Sheffield Wednesday !!

Spastik_Roach
03-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Then how come, my friend Misho, Rio Ferdinand got a 8 month ban for a thing that other players have got away with little more than a smack on the wrist?

henk4
03-15-2004, 01:25 AM
Ever ride in a peleton ?
Man that can get rough !!
Or do you do time trials ??

Badminton's OK unless your partner ( and wife ) likes smashing it into the back of your head. AND it was always my fault !!!! :)

Only peleton I was in once was a 7000 units group of Italians when we did the Maratone del Dolomiti two years ago, but as we were all amateurs nobody was hurt. Normally I ride on my own or with a couple of friends, I started too late to become a serious biker.

With badminton you have to select your partners carefully, and again I prefer to play singles.

henk4
03-15-2004, 01:30 AM

I'm from rugby-mad New Zealand, and I do like Rugby, but my all-time favourite is Soccer. Best striker in the world has to be Ruud Van Nistelrooy, he is absolutely brilliant!

Rio Ferdinand does not deserve a 8 month ban!

Just saw the result ManCity vs ManUnited !! (for those who didn't: 4-1).
Arsenal is on the right course to get the real Grand Slam, the FA Cup, the Title and the win of the championsleague.

Misho
03-15-2004, 02:16 AM
Then how come, my friend Misho, Rio Ferdinand got a 8 month ban for a thing that other players have got away with little more than a smack on the wrist?

remember that this is not a one-man decesion. so we really can't try and relate that to the boss's personal preferences. i beleive a committe of some sort full of professiolnals is responsible for issuing such bans.
however, i do think it was a bit too harsh. sometimes they choose unfortunate players and use them as scape goats to threaten others from what can face them if they do something similar.

Spastik_Roach
03-15-2004, 01:31 PM
I admit, Man Utd are really sucking at the moment. Why does Fergie focus on strikers when we need more decent defenders?!

I'm thinking now if Man City can beat us 4-1, what will Arsenal do to us?

cls12vg30
03-15-2004, 05:25 PM
It was also the first time the new Seahawk stadium had been sold out. So americans would rather see soccer than football, now there is food for thought.

Well maybe we'd rather see soccer than the Seattle Seahawks. :p

Besides, about the only way to see non-MLS futbol in the states is to watch it in Spanish on Univision, unless you've got digital cable or a dish.

Misho
04-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Hey Henk, i am waiting !! :D

henk4
04-07-2004, 05:46 AM
Hi, back in the new world I see, well just noted that Hossam Ghaly for the last month or so has played himself into the main team of Feyenoord, after having spent more than half of a season on the bench or in Egypt. He seems to be quite good, by error prone. So what can you tell about him.

Misho
04-07-2004, 06:15 AM
Hossam Ghali is a very talented player. He was a starter on the Egyptian national youth tem that finished 3rd in the 2001 youth world cup in Argentina. he then held his position as a starter in the formation of his Ahly club in Egypt, which is considered to be the best African and Middle Eastern team.

in Egypt's national team or with Ahly, he used to play as an attacking midfielder. he is pretty versatile and could be used in many different locations on the field.

his main problems seem to be non-technical. it is his conduct and attitude that are questionable. famous for a number of quarells, even his teammates were not that n sync with him, which shows during games.
I dont think that problem however will be visible in his new team abroad. As it will be hard for him to feel superior over his teammates, probably the main cause of his behaviour in Egypt.

anything else i can be of help in ?!! :)

Spastik_Roach
04-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Man Utd 1 Aresenal Nill!

Glory Glory Man United!

Misho
04-08-2004, 06:59 AM
too bad Arsenal lost their 30 game no-loss streak. I was surprised that they were beaten out of the champions league too ! i was willing to bet all my money on them winning the championship.
good thing i didnt !

and deportivo 4-0 over Milan ?!! thats crazzzzzzzzzzzzy !

henk4
04-08-2004, 07:07 AM
you are right so who will win the C-League then? My two cents on Chelsea.

henk4
04-08-2004, 07:08 AM
anything else i can be of help in ?!! :)
Not this time thanks, hopefully he is now playing in a team in which he is not the best, which will prevent him to become arrogant.

Misho
04-08-2004, 07:20 AM
chelsea and deportivo seem to be the main ones to look after now.
after their impressive and well-deserved 4-0 win over Milan, i really think deportivo could do it.

as for Ghaly, i dont think arrogance would be an issue in the new team.
did u see any of his games, what do u think ?

henk4
04-08-2004, 07:37 AM

I watch summaries on TV, but haven't come across him yet, what I know is quotes from newspapers. Overhere going to life foorball requires you to have some kind of club/membership card to prevent hooliganism. So even if you think one day let's go to see a match, you will be prevented by the administrative system.

Misho
04-08-2004, 09:28 AM
I watch summaries on TV, but haven't come across him yet, what I know is quotes from newspapers. Overhere going to life foorball requires you to have some kind of club/membership card to prevent hooliganism. So even if you think one day let's go to see a match, you will be prevented by the administrative system.

thats really sux !!
i am no big fan a watching soccer games first hand, but i have been to a few. one of which had a crowd of about 100,000 all supporting one team !!

Sweeney921
04-12-2004, 07:12 PM
here in the states we had a very promotional match between man u. and juventus. man u. won. the game was awesome, and it pretty much had one purpose: to promote soccer in the states, which was an idea of the greatest free kicker: beckham......even pele was there!

henk4
04-13-2004, 12:22 AM

as for Ghaly, i dont think arrogance would be an issue in the new team.

His team Feyenoord, had its big match against Ajax this weekend, (1-1) and it was generally agreed that Ghaly made a mess of it, not being able to stand up against better teams. The Ajax goal could directly be attributed to his lack of speed.