PDA

View Full Version : Ford vs Chevy vs Pontiac vs Dodge

darkhorse302001
10-26-2004, 03:59 PM
Which is your favorite, what model and why ?

illusionest
10-26-2004, 04:01 PM
lol i have a dumb answer
i like dodge, cus it has the viper!!!!!!! :D :D
i love the viper.

Rockefella
10-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Either Ford or Chevy, although I have a hatred of American automobile manufactureres. Ford: Ford GT Chevy: Corvette C6/Z06/hopefully, Blue Devil

kko
10-26-2004, 04:52 PM
chevy i guess, but i dont know how ur doing this,
most cars u like, quality?
who has ur fav car?

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-26-2004, 05:31 PM
wtf, dodge is owned by chrysler, chevy by general motors (i think) ... why compare it with ford ?? and where the hell did pontiac fit into this ???

deffenbaugh03
10-26-2004, 06:02 PM
wtf, dodge is owned by chrysler, chevy by general motors (i think) ... why compare it with ford ?? and where the hell did pontiac fit into this ???

Seems like an ok comparison to me, who cares who owns them, and Pontiac fits in easily because these are all american cars, if an american wanted to go buy an american sports car these companies will be mostly what he's looking at.

I guess i would pick Chevy because of the Corvette, i don't like the new Camaro's at all though.

Karrmann
10-26-2004, 06:07 PM
1. wrong forum
2. hate dodge, hate Ford, like the C6, so Chevy. even though I would take imported anyday.[

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-26-2004, 08:09 PM
OLD MUSTANGS ROCK !!!

well they look cool and thats about it, go shelby mustangs !!!

DodgeNitroBIRM
10-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Dodge and it's Magnum R/T. You can carry your racing tires, the tools, and air tank to and from the Drag Strip easily and you can't beat the Hemi'. I'm hoping for an SRT-8 Version of it to come out soon.

taz_rocks_miami
10-26-2004, 08:45 PM

In the muscar hay day, all GM divisions had their own unique engines, it's only up untill recently that they have started sharing engine platforms, so this comparison is not completely out of place.

Having said that, from those glory days, I'll take Chevy. The 327, 350, 396, 427 and 454 were all wonderfull engines that normally outpowered similar displacement engines from other companies.

As far as "contemporary" cars go, I don't have a favorite maker, cars yes. The Ford GT, Corvette, Viper, GTO are all cars that I woun't mind having in my garage.

KnifeEdge_2K1
10-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Dodge and it's Magnum R/T. You can carry your racing tires, the tools, and air tank to and from the Drag Strip easily and you can't beat the Hemi'. I'm hoping for an SRT-8 Version of it to come out soon.

err... that thing is HUGE

from it's size alone im guessing it weighs in over 1.7 tons

and what's so special about hemis anyways, all i remember was that hemi's have special hemispherical cylinder heads but modern cylinder heads have the same advantages as a hemi and have 3-5 valves per cylinder instead of 2 like a hemi ...

Hell_Unleashed
10-26-2004, 10:23 PM
From worst to best:
Chevrolet has its Corvette... the only one I ever liked was the Sting Ray... none of the new ones appeal to me... and yes Camaros are *cough*POS*cough*
Ford has their Mustangs... and again, only the 60s models still gimme boners...
The Dodge has its Viper which is cool... but I wouldn't just go out and buy one... even if I had the money...
Pontiac... Trans AM... now THAT is something I would loooove to own... not just the new ones... even their old classic muscle cars... WOW...
PS: I might be a litttle biased since my dad used to own one :)

Slicks
10-27-2004, 06:04 AM
From worst to best:
Chevrolet has its Corvette... the only one I ever liked was the Sting Ray... none of the new ones appeal to me... and yes Camaros are *cough*POS*cough*
Ford has their Mustangs... and again, only the 60s models still gimme boners...
The Dodge has its Viper which is cool... but I wouldn't just go out and buy one... even if I had the money...
Pontiac... Trans AM... now THAT is something I would loooove to own... not just the new ones... even their old classic muscle cars... WOW...
PS: I might be a litttle biased since my dad used to own one :)
wow, you do realize that the Camaro and the Trans am are the same cars right?

Hell_Unleashed
10-27-2004, 07:14 AM
wow, you do realize that the Camaro and the Trans am are the same cars right?

WTF!!?? :O... Since when!?

How can these two cars be the same!?! The Trans AM looks much better than the Camaro!! Either way... ignoring the performance (which I don't usually do, but in this case I 'can't' look like a jackass while arguing my point :p ) looks wise, I like the Trans AM.

*SIGH*

Slicks
10-27-2004, 08:41 AM
WTF!!?? :O... Since when!?

How can these two cars be the same!?! The Trans AM looks much better than the Camaro!! Either way... ignoring the performance (which I don't usually do, but in this case I 'can't' look like a jackass while arguing my point :p ) looks wise, I like the Trans AM.

*SIGH*
Well lets see, same chassis, same engine, transmission, and pretty much the same interior too...
Dont tell me you didnt know that they were the same car with a different body? The camaro came first then potiac wanted a pony car so they used the camaro to make the firebird...
I will agree that the T/A looks better than the Camaro, but other than looks there the same car...
(BTW there perfomance is nearly identical)
You need a better pic of the maro ;)
http://www.fast-autos.net/chevrolet/302camaro.jpg

Hell_Unleashed
10-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Well lets see, same chassis, same engine, transmission, and pretty much the same interior too...
Dont tell me you didnt know that they were the same car with a different body? The camaro came first then potiac wanted a pony car so they used the camaro to make the firebird...
I will agree that the T/A looks better than the Camaro, but other than looks there the same car...
(BTW there perfomance is nearly identical)
You need a better pic of the maro ;)
http://www.fast-autos.net/chevrolet/302camaro.jpg
arite arite... stop rubbing it in my face...
I wont tell u I didnt know that they were the same car with a different body... but U prob figured that out by now... the thing is, I never really knew the stats of the Trans AM... I always thought it would be faster than the Camaro... but I definitely liked it bcos of its looks... OK... lets just hope not many ppl seez this thread... for my reputations sake... :P

Slicks
10-27-2004, 06:20 PM
arite arite... stop rubbing it in my face...
I wont tell u I didnt know that they were the same car with a different body... but U prob figured that out by now... the thing is, I never really knew the stats of the Trans AM... I always thought it would be faster than the Camaro... but I definitely liked it bcos of its looks... OK... lets just hope not many ppl seez this thread... for my reputations sake... :P
hahah, not trying to rub it in your face, just showing you the facts. As for speed like i said, they post almost identical times. (Z28 and T/A both run mid to high 13s in the 1/4 for example)

taz_rocks_miami
10-27-2004, 08:27 PM
OK... lets just hope not many ppl seez this thread... for my reputations sake... :P

Sorry dude, too late:p

Smokescreen
10-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Yep, its called an F-body. GM did this all the time, the 70's GTO, Chevelle, Cutlass, and Skylark were all the same thing. I like chevys. A 70 chevelle with C5/GENIII internals=bliss.

Slicks
10-28-2004, 07:58 AM
Yep, its called an F-body. GM did this all the time, the 70's GTO, Chevelle, Cutlass, and Skylark were all the same thing. I like chevys. A 70 chevelle with C5/GENIII internals=bliss.
GM isnt the only company who does this. Numerous other companies platform share all the time.

silver sho
11-10-2004, 10:44 AM
FORD. The Taurus SHO. just because it has that hidden identity that no one would expect to see goin 140mph down the freeway!

Slicks
11-10-2004, 01:35 PM
FORD. The Taurus SHO. just because it has that hidden identity that no one would expect to see goin 140mph down the freeway!
SHO powa!!!!!
Actually i dont think this is even a SHO..
http://home.earthlink.net/~civicex95/taurusburnout7.jpg

baddabang
11-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Wow

Im a GM guy always have been and always will be. Its all my family has ever owned since the 50's with a few exceptions of tractors and such. My dad has owned a few camaros, firebirds and a cutlas in the late 60's early 70's but now all he owns is boring stuff. The only time I would not buy a chevy is if I had the opportunity to get some kind of exotic. :)

jcp123
11-10-2004, 05:40 PM
There's so many of each I love, I couldn't pick one. My first muscle car love was a '70 Chevelle SS454 LS/6, and my current fav muscle car is a Plymouth GT/X. The Torino strikes me as sleeker than either though. And all made beautiful cars in the 50's (the pinnacle of motordom, IMHO). I chooses not to choose, I'd be very satisfied by any and all.

DodgeNitroBIRM
11-10-2004, 10:23 PM
SHO powa!!!!!
Actually i dont think this is even a SHO..
http://home.earthlink.net/~civicex95/taurusburnout7.jpg
No, the SHO Taurus ended in 1998 or '99. I'm exactly sure, it was before the "fish-eyes" went away and they switched to that style headlight in the car pictured.

RS6
11-13-2004, 06:33 AM
I laugh at the new Pontiac GTO. It is just a re-badged Holden Monaro. It is no way a good follow up to the original GTO.

SlickHolden
11-13-2004, 07:07 AM
I laugh at the new Pontiac GTO. It is just a re-badged Holden Monaro. It is no way a good follow up to the original GTO.
Thats right it's better ;)

RS6
11-15-2004, 03:44 PM
Thats right it's better ;)

Damn right it is.

I am just pointing out that it will not exactly have the same impact on America as the original GTO did.