PDA

View Full Version : Starting from scratch??

Z0RR0
10-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Hi all,

I want to "design" a boat with PShop, but nothing similar exists, so if I wanted to make an image of it, I'd have to basically start from scratch.

Has anyone ever done this? How do I start? Really from a blank layer, or do I go and find elements and modify 'em?

Thx

85RX7
10-29-2004, 05:31 PM
I'd start with a blank layer, then start by constructing the entire form of the boat using the line tool. Once you get it how you want, fill in the blank areas with the colour you want using the gradient tool. Good luck, it's going to be a big job.

illusionest
10-29-2004, 06:04 PM
the only problem is that it might ( i mean, it will 85% ) look fake
so try ur best, and good luck. a bunch of choppers r here if u have any questions.

85RX7
10-29-2004, 06:15 PM
you would be better heavily modifying an already existing boat, make it twice the size...wotever you won't. it won't look fake if u do it right thet way.

Z0RR0
10-29-2004, 06:40 PM
I may have another solution ... but I'll have to find a good and easy to use source for pictures. I hear ya on the looking fake ... I'll try to avoid that.
I'll keep y'all updated on the process. I have found a background image for now. :D
edit - and if anyone is into architecture and buildings, I'd love to see a decent resolution of a circular shaped glass building, level shot. :)