PDA

View Full Version : Ford F6. . .

PsychoChimp22
11-01-2004, 08:41 PM
What do you guys think about it?

It looks like a five-hundred pick-up truck is what I think. And why does it take ford so long to get 92bhp/leter (367/4.0, nice job by the way)??? The 04' Mustang GT-R didnt have that. And why did they start off by puting it in a truck, would have been way cooler if they had put in a 500 special :D .

Any comments?

gregvl52
11-01-2004, 08:47 PM
why does it take ford so long to get 92bhp/leter (367/4.0, nice job by the way)??? The 04' Mustang GT-R didnt have that.
Any comments?

well, it's obviously got the much higher specific output because it's turbocharged, which is (pretty much) out of the question for something whose image rests on it being a muscle car.

Spastik_Roach
11-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Ford F6 is an Australian car, so this is in the wrong forum.

I like it being in a ute. We've always had fast utes in Aussie/NZ and why stop now?

Besides its too much power in a FWD..

gregvl52
11-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Besides its too much power in a FWD..

It's RWD...

PsychoChimp22
11-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Sence when was ford aussie. . .
Im so ignoooorrrent :D :D

PsychoChimp22
11-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Would somebody move this please.

Luciferous
11-01-2004, 09:05 PM
It's made by Ford's Australian division, its the front half of a car with the back end being a trayback. That's what Aussies call 'utes', for utility.
The F6 is the performance version of the standard inline 6 Falcon Ute, which has a turbo fitted then tweaked by Ford' performance division (FPV)
Ford uses a cab-chassis set up for their utes, together with a live rear axle to make them more practical, whereas Holden (GM Australia) use indepent rear ends with a one piece body and tray. It's not as practical but gives a better ride.

fpv_gtho
11-01-2004, 10:35 PM
check out www.fpv.com.au

the F6 Typhoon and F6 Tornado now extend the FPV range out to 5 cars, featuring the V8 powered GT, luxury GT-P and ute version Pursuit, now with the force fed F6 Typhoon based off the XR6T and the ute verson called the F6 Tornado

Blue Supra
11-02-2004, 05:02 AM
What do you guys think about it?

It looks like a five-hundred pick-up truck is what I think. And why does it take ford so long to get 92bhp/leter (367/4.0, nice job by the way)??? The 04' Mustang GT-R didnt have that. And why did they start off by puting it in a truck, would have been way cooler if they had put in a 500 special :D .

Any comments?

ROFL!!!
1) as said earlier this is an Aussie UTE (not truck)
2) It took them so long (here) because of the HP scare of the 70s (read and learn more if you dont know what im on about)
3) Its Turboed
4) Six Speed tranny (gotta love that!)
5) Itll never go into a sedan, and you'll prolly never see it on the road in the states:( looks like you miss out:D

fpv_gtho
11-02-2004, 05:03 AM
well, it's obviously got the much higher specific output because it's turbocharged, which is (pretty much) out of the question for something whose image rests on it being a muscle car.

Thing is though its not a muscle car. You want a muscle car? the FPV GT is probably more of the car for you, basically has the engine out of the Mustang Cobra R in it. The F6 Typhoon and Tornado are aimed at a different market to the traditional V8 market, i guess you could say its aimed more at the tech heads.

How much of the page Wouter made on the car did you guys look at? It clearly says in the information that the country of origin is AUSTRALIA

PsychoChimp22
11-02-2004, 12:33 PM
lol - sorry. I didnt really read about it, not enough to know that it was a turbo. That changes everything. :)

Niko_Fx
11-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Cars/Pick Ups look ugly IMO, definitely not my style.

Lots of power though. :)

PsychoChimp22
11-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Before trying to find out myself.... does anybody know any performance specs on this?

BTW: This car IS just a concept right?