PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Aero 8 vs. Panoz Esperante

Esperante
11-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Motor Trend ranked these to be very equal in terms of performance. They are both handbuilt, expensive cars, that run around the same price. Many accuse the Aero of being butt-ugly, and many accuse the Esperante of being too 'American.' My question is a question more of taste. American style vs. European style.

McLareN
11-05-2004, 03:51 PM
I would go with the Morgan, i like it because the style of the car is very appelling and its more good looking imo :).

my porsche
11-05-2004, 04:16 PM
i would also go with the morgan, because it has this kind of, timeless appearance, and looks like a luxury tank, but has blistering performance

gee, i wonder which one esperante voted for? haha

Sweeney921
11-05-2004, 05:50 PM
I gotta go with the Esperante. The morgan's styling makes me wanna hurl.

taz_rocks_miami
11-05-2004, 08:09 PM
How about posting pics of both cars so we can compare?

jcp123
11-05-2004, 08:29 PM
Panoz.

That Morgan is fugly, IMHO.

PerfAdv
11-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Morgan for it's unique styling. Yah, post some pics, as these are pretty off the wall cars. :)

Coventrysucks
11-05-2004, 08:51 PM
The Morgan isn't fugly IMO. It does need the front lights sorting, but apart from that it is a modern interpretation of a classic British motor.

The BMW sourced V8 is quite handy, and the handling is supposed to be good as well.

Not such a fan of the Panoz.

McLareN
11-06-2004, 04:32 AM
Pics :), first the Morgan Aero 8:

McLareN
11-06-2004, 04:34 AM
Morgan Aero 8 #2:

McLareN
11-06-2004, 04:38 AM
Now the Panoz Esperante :):

McLareN
11-06-2004, 04:40 AM
Last ones, now choose :)
Panoz Esperante #2:

Ferrari Tifosi
11-06-2004, 06:28 AM
The Panoz, I love the look of it and its a good performer as well. Although the Morgan also looks good and is definitely unique.

derekthetree
11-06-2004, 06:56 AM
the aero 8 obviously. It looks fab and deserves less criticism. It only weighs about a ton and goes like stink. The panoz doesn't get close

aNOBLEman
11-06-2004, 07:42 AM
I would say that I would have to go with the Morgan. I love the styling, especially the exposed ash frame, and it's very fast. Although I also like the Panoz and if it was the higher tuned Esperante I would have to go with it. But overall I would take the Morgan.

Coventrysucks
11-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Unlike Morgans of old the Aero 8 has an aluminium alloy bonded/ riveted chassis.

Esperante
11-06-2004, 09:13 AM
the aero 8 obviously. It looks fab and deserves less criticism. It only weighs about a ton and goes like stink. The panoz doesn't get close

What are you talking about? The Panoz delivered better performance on a Motor Trend skid pad test and track test! It beat it in braking, top speed, and acceleration. PLEASE check your facts. As soon as I can find that issue I will show the stats. it compared the Morgan and Panoz with the Corvette (which smoked the both of them).

Hell_Unleashed
11-06-2004, 09:15 AM
I think... I would rather take the 'ugly' over the 'american'... no offence to americans... I just thought it sounds good... :P

PerfAdv
11-06-2004, 11:37 AM
What are you talking about? The Panoz delivered better performance on a Motor Trend skid pad test and track test! It beat it in braking, top speed, and acceleration. PLEASE check your facts. As soon as I can find that issue I will show the stats. it compared the Morgan and Panoz with the Corvette (which smoked the both of them).
I've already said Morgan and the Corvette smoking them both is yet another reason for the Morgan. As neither is a true performance car so to me it boils down to looks. The Panoz, though handsome, looks like a generic sports car without any outstanding design elements, IMO. Whereas, the Morgan with its melding-of-eras looks is so 'outstanding' it's guaranteed to be a headturner and conversation piece for as long as you own it.

Mclaren, thanks for the nice pics, as always :)

McLareN
11-06-2004, 02:20 PM
I've already said Morgan and the Corvette smoking them both is yet another reason for the Morgan. As neither is a true performance car so to me it boils down to looks. The Panoz, though handsome, looks like a generic sports car without any outstanding design elements, IMO. Whereas, the Morgan with its melding-of-eras looks is so 'outstanding' it's guaranteed to be a headturner and conversation piece for as long as you own it.

Mclaren, thanks for the nice pics, as always :)

Thanks for that nice compliment :)

jcp123
11-06-2004, 05:59 PM
wow I was thinking of a totally different panoz...i was thinking of the little roadster deal with the separate fenders over the tires...

Hell_Unleashed
11-07-2004, 01:29 AM
wow I was thinking of a totally different panoz...i was thinking of the little roadster deal with the separate fenders over the tires...
The one that looks a bit like the Plymouth Prowler?... Urgh! I hate that car...

jcp123
11-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Yeah that one. IMHO it's a pretty sweet car, the Prowler is ugly htough.

scubasteve87
11-09-2004, 01:45 PM
I'll take the Panoz, although I personally believe that both cars are beautiful. I'd rather be dealing with the Panoz dealers in the USA and the maintenence on a ford V-8 than worrying about finding a Morgan dealer to fix a much more costly BMW v-8. (although anyone who can afford either would see upkeep as trivial...)