PDA

View Full Version : I've been chopping for so long but I've never done carbon fibre before!!!

Esperante
11-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Yes, that's right, this is my very first attempt at carbon fibre. Only mod is carbon fibre. Doesn't look realistic, but I'm happy with it :)

Note---I know it's (literally) rough around the edges;I didn't do this to be serious I did this to see how my carbon fibre looked.

Niko_Fx
11-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Looks realistic to me. You did a great job on that carbon fiber.

From what I've heard here in the forum it's pretty hard to get it right, and the one you just did looks excellent.

Esperante
11-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Really? Thanks!

I think it looks bad because the left side is too light and the right too dark. But I know I got the gold-tint down :D

illusionest
11-09-2004, 07:14 PM
wow!
that looks very real....
the only part i see messed is far right, where its all grey.... :S
a bit too dark, other than tht , ur cf is really nice

85RX7
11-09-2004, 07:22 PM
not too bad, the grain is a bit big, and it is too light, but that is east to change thot. Looks good and glossy.

gbrown37
11-09-2004, 08:15 PM
OK ive always seen all them chops and stuff but im wondering- how do you chop pictures? is there a special program you need or something?

Rockefella
11-09-2004, 08:18 PM
That's great esp, just lower the lightness of the hood A LOT, and make the grain in the CF smaller, so it looks thinner. The CF looks a little fat. To do that, just make a new canvas, and make the dimensions like 3000 by 2000 pixels, and make it transparent. Then just fill it w/ the cf pattern you made (this pattern is very good) and hit ctrl+a then ctrl+c to copy, you know the deal.... Then just shrink it w/ ctrl+t until the pattern looks thin :) You prob. knew all this though.

Rockefella
11-09-2004, 08:19 PM
OK ive always seen all them chops and stuff but im wondering- how do you chop pictures? is there a special program you need or something?
The best program to use right now is Adobe Photoshop CS. Cost about 700 dollars. :)

illusionest
11-09-2004, 08:42 PM

here, this link will take u to downloading photoshop cs ;)
i posted a step by step on how to dl photoshop
photoshop cs dl (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9276)