PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 206

Dino Scuderia
11-10-2004, 10:51 AM
This is Tamiya's rally kit which I converted to a street car.

Cotterik
11-10-2004, 01:11 PM
gud stuff, cud do with a spoiler on it but good work. How much does each one of these cost u? n time taken?

Mustang
11-10-2004, 01:29 PM
WOAH man tahts a nice job well done

henk4
11-10-2004, 08:29 PM
IMHO, a bit too ricey :)

Dino Scuderia
11-11-2004, 05:58 AM
IMHO, a bit too ricey :)

The point of this project was to give it a Tuner look...ah well...to each his own. :)

henk4
11-11-2004, 06:03 AM
The point of this project was to give it a Tuner look...ah well...to each his own. :)

I enjoyed building the Rallye version. I actually like the use of decals, makes the paint job less critical :)

Giggs_WRC206
02-24-2005, 09:54 PM
this is very impressive, cool idea! I love this car model, esp. the rally version, but its interesting to see this take on it, and so beautifully built! How did u do those wheels?

Question, did you find the side-view mirrors a little frustrating? for some reason when i built my model, the side view mirrors did not cooperate with me too well.

Dino Scuderia
02-25-2005, 07:27 AM
this is very impressive, cool idea! I love this car model, esp. the rally version, but its interesting to see this take on it, and so beautifully built! How did u do those wheels?

Question, did you find the side-view mirrors a little frustrating? for some reason when i built my model, the side view mirrors did not cooperate with me too well.

Thanks!

Side mirrors can be fussy or you can prepare for it before you build the model. Something you can do is drill a small hole where the mirror base fits to the body, then drill a hole in the mirror base face and install a pin made of plastic or wire. This will give you a more positive attachment point...as the mirror will stay in place as the glue dries.

Always glue the mirrors on with water based glue like Midroscale's Krystal Klear...invariably you will knock a mirror off....better if the glue is water based so it doesn't break the mirror or take a chunk of paint with it.

henk4
02-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Always glue the mirrors on with water based glue like Midroscale's Krystal Klear...invariably you will knock a mirror off....better if the glue is water based so it doesn't break the mirror or take a chunk of paint with it.

That goes for a lot things more, like antennas, wipers and small light units. Of course headlight lenses and virtually everything transparent can be handled without much risk on spoiling the part when you use krystal clear, which you can apply with a toothpick and the surplus glue can be easily removed after drying.

Dino Scuderia
02-25-2005, 08:12 AM
That goes for a lot things more, like antennas, wipers and small light units. Of course headlight lenses and virtually everything transparent can be handled with much risk on spoiling the part when you use krystal clear, which you can apply with a tooth and the surplus glue can be easily removed after drying.

Exactly!

Matra et Alpine
02-25-2005, 10:49 AM
apply with a tooth
ROFLMAO :)

Great picture that conjured up, Pieter, thanks :)

henk4
02-25-2005, 10:54 AM
ROFLMAO :)

Great picture that conjured up, Pieter, thanks :)

somebody was making some comments behind me when I was posting. About better things to do than sitting behind a laptop :(

Manik
02-25-2005, 01:25 PM
I like the body but the rims blow me away. They are unbelievable!

Dino Scuderia
02-25-2005, 01:35 PM

Forgot to address your question on the wheels.

They are from a Aoshima wheel kit. I don't remember the name of them.