PDA

View Full Version : HALO 2!!!!! ITS....not very good....

Luciferous
11-16-2004, 07:22 AM
Finally played Halo 2 the other day, and suffice to say I wasn't impressed. The game has spent however long and had absolute shitloads of buildup and its Halo 1 with slightly better graphics and about 3 or 4 new things thrown in. I'm serious here. If anything its actually easier than Halo 1, with a new 'auto focus' thing on your aiming, which is a damn stupid idea. I was massively dissapointed. To be fair, it had all the trademark playability that made Halo famous. But why should I pay for a brand new game when it is essentially an old one thats maybe 10% better?

BTW I also played GTA SA and to be honest that wasn't as good as I had hoped, its more GTAIII than VC in that its an evolution than revolution. The graphics had some anti-aliasing issues and the controls still had that arcadey feel to them, but a little more realistic. The vehicles are a long way off the Getaway's handling wise, but there are a huge amount of cars and bikes and pretty much everything, and the sheer size of the game gives it a huge advantage over anything else at the moment. It's pretty good all up, and that makes it better than any other new game at the moment so it looks like Sony wins this time......again.....

Blitz_
11-16-2004, 07:57 AM
pfft, sony fanboy, halo 2 surpassed all my expectations, it has accomplished many of the things that was frustrating about the first game and alot more. The campaign is polished, not to perfection but enough that should satisfy even the most picky gamers. Where the game excels is the massive levels that deliver a truly cinematic experience, not once did i get bored, i was intrigued by the setting, the almost helpless fight against the convenant and the feeling of not being alone, ala Call of Duty. In addition the vehicles were a blast ( no pun intended ) and they really made me think about my tactics alot more.

Im not sure how you go off being dissapointed but halo2 is an evelutounary game, it will put a pig dent in sony, gc and pc, the reviews have surpassed expectations and they have caused controversy, Half-life 2 got a worse score than Halo2, eat shit pc fan boys, seems like gordan is involved in a shitty story line...again.

Hmm gt:sa, its good ill give you that, but im not attracted to those sort of games, and in the end, it will probably be on xbox, and be better on xbox as well, they said it was sony exclusive but look at their website and youll see otherwise. Halo2 will never be on ps2, it could never handle it, killzone was a shocker of a game, i hated it.

So i wil conclude by saying that no, bungie and microsoft have taken the fight to sony, hmmm, i didnt see any shops open midnight to release gt:sa, EB in Carousel, 800+ pre-orders of Halo2 and dozens of stores opening midnight and even some having special parties for the opening. No gt:sa didnt get that, and no real mulitplayer. In the end, the fact that H2 mulitplayer kicks ass will make sure it will win.

Blitz_
11-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Beware the silent beast, i have a feeling that maybe, just maybe Half-Life 2 will annihilate every game anyway, its possible inevitable because of its immense appeal and popularity, but at the moment, look at sales, popularity and average ratings and Halo2 is the winner.

ktiller
11-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Yeah Halo 2 was great, the ending sucked if you ask me.Multiplayer was alright but things like slayer-team slayer just seems a litlte old now. Assault and Territories was alot of fun and i like the way you can customize your charecter more.

And not to flame or anything but the main reason why there are more Halo 2 sales right now is because with Steam and HL2 you dont need to go to the store and buy the game, most people are just downloading to steam and not worrying about pre-ordering since there are limitless copies of it over the net

quattro_20v
11-16-2004, 08:19 AM
My personal preference will always go to PC games, aiming with a gamepad is just shit, a mouse is a lot better imo.... same goes for rts games, never tried it with a gamepad and will never do :P the only advantage of a gameconsole is that it's easy to take with u imo.

Rockefella
11-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Luciferous, I guess you don't understand how much harder it is to make a game better than Halo 1. The gameplay has been enhanced, its now X-Box live capable, better user interface, more weapons, and imo, better graphics. If you happened to watch the DVD that came w/ the collectors edition, I'm pretty sure your opinion would change. Even by you saying it's 10 percent better, that is a HUGE, difference, and in your terms would make the game spectacular. Have a Xbox Live or Xbox Connect game on the internet, that's where it hits the peak of the iceberg.

spi-ti-tout
11-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Is Halo the ONLY game on the planet??? It's always Halo this and Halo that. And after I ate breakfast I played Halo and before I went to sleep I played Halo and I dremt sweet dreams about Halo.....

Auugghhh!!! Its driving me sick. Seriously is Halo the only game you guys know about or something?

Rockefella
11-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Is Halo the ONLY game on the planet??? It's always Halo this and Halo that. And after I ate breakfast I played Halo and before I went to sleep I played Halo and I dremt sweet dreams about Halo.....

Auugghhh!!! Its driving me sick. Seriously is Halo the only game you guys know about or something?
WTH are you talking about.... he just mentioned that he played Halo and didn't like it, the game had a SHTLOAD of hype and he's just commenting on it. Get off the Crack buddy. :o

funkmastaT
11-16-2004, 01:34 PM
has anyone played half life 2 yet? my bro picked it up this morning . Been waiting for it too long. upgraded my computer about 500 bucks worth last year cuz it was supposed to be coming out in about a month then kept bumpin up the release date. Now my computer is obslolete.:(

Blitz_
11-16-2004, 06:04 PM
HL2 is a fantastic game, very surreal, ive almost finished it, graphics are stunning to say the least, but the gravity gun has some glitches sometimes and the sound isnt 2 great either, i prefer halo2's rocking guitar rifts. But overal HL2 is a killer game.

shockwaveracing
11-16-2004, 07:09 PM

well i think we are all just playing Halo2 until GT4 comes out :D , coz i know i am... to be fair i think Halo2 was a massive step up and over the abilities of Halo, and is all the better for it...

However i was a little disappointed with the ending... ah well will just have to wait for Halo3 to come out now...

DodgeNitroBIRM
11-16-2004, 07:31 PM
I think the two games on everyone's list on this Forum is Gran Turismo 4 for the PS2 and Fornza for the XBOX. Both look extordanary (I KANT SPEL!1). Can everyone agree?

NuclearCrap
11-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Halo 2......hmmm.......doesn't look good at all, especially those fakes guns, vehicles, lasers, and all that fake shit. If I have to choose a Sony game that is better than that stupid Halo, then I'll say it's SOCOM II. I played Halo at my friend's house and found it retarded. XBox got nothing compared to Sony's technology. Sony games are way better than Xbox games. Just take a look at Gran Turismo 4, SOCOM II, Ace Combat 5, and San Andreas, every sequel to a previous game has great improvements. Unlike Halo 1 and 2, I don't see any "big" improvements, they're pretty much the same. Sony's tired of Microsoft's non-sense now, that's why it's going to release a few things that will surpass and defeat Microsoft's gaming community completely, and they're the handheld Playstation Portable, Gran Turismo 4, and the brand new Universal Media Disc(UMD) which will leave DVD behind later on. Microsoft better stick to making new Windows or PC games before Sony nukes its XBox. By the way, to tell the truth, the only good game that Microsoft made is the Flight Simulator Series and talking about its "Fornza" racing game, its no match to Sony's Gran Turismo 4.

Rockefella
11-16-2004, 07:38 PM
XBox got nothing compared to Sony's technology. Sony games are way better than Xbox games.
LMAO, tell me you're kidding right? If you want proof, I'll post some.

DodgeNitroBIRM
11-16-2004, 07:39 PM
You didn't like Rally Sport Challenge 1 or 2? Those were pretty good in my opinion.

Rockefella
11-16-2004, 07:43 PM
You didn't like Rally Sport Challenge 1 or 2? Those were pretty good in my opinion.
I own both :) Quite fun to just chuck your cars around hairpins. :D

Rockefella
11-16-2004, 07:43 PM
BTW, going back to PS2 having better technology than the XBox: Here is the link to technical data. (http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-vs-ps2-gamecube-comparison-chart.html) :rolleyes:

F1_Master
11-16-2004, 08:45 PM
IT's pretty good.

FYI. You can turn Auto-Targeting off.

WAIT! That's off before you do anything. If you start playing and never touch the options, then it should still be off. You must have turned it on.

Blitz_
11-16-2004, 10:03 PM
Halo 2......hmmm.......doesn't look good at all, especially those fakes guns, vehicles, lasers, and all that fake shit. If I have to choose a Sony game that is better than that stupid Halo, then I'll say it's SOCOM II. I played Halo at my friend's house and found it retarded. XBox got nothing compared to Sony's technology. Sony games are way better than Xbox games. Just take a look at Gran Turismo 4, SOCOM II, Ace Combat 5, and San Andreas, every sequel to a previous game has great improvements. Unlike Halo 1 and 2, I don't see any "big" improvements, they're pretty much the same. Sony's tired of Microsoft's non-sense now, that's why it's going to release a few things that will surpass and defeat Microsoft's gaming community completely, and they're the handheld Playstation Portable, Gran Turismo 4, and the brand new Universal Media Disc(UMD) which will leave DVD behind later on. Microsoft better stick to making new Windows or PC games before Sony nukes its XBox. By the way, to tell the truth, the only good game that Microsoft made is the Flight Simulator Series and talking about its "Fornza" racing game, its no match to Sony's Gran Turismo 4.

dear god, we have a fanboy ladies and gentleman, and yes do u want proof that xbox has better tech. than sony coz ive got it.

SOCOM II is lame and extrememly boring, 2 many smacktards running around the servers blowing each other up. The game itself has nothing to compare against halo 2

And, remember, if you have a winning formula, stick to it, ive got a page where it lists the plethora of changes done to halo2, ill give a link to that 2 if u want, so sony fanboy, weres ur messiah now?

Fonza will kick ass.

Blitz_
11-16-2004, 10:09 PM
oh, and the PSP, ive read 6 articles, on the net and newspaper saying it will and IS losing money on production and sales, it costs 2 much to make and more ppl will eventually by the nintendo DS

end game fanboy, id like to hear your response.

CSL
11-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Halo 2 is really bad if its on easy, my 6 year old brother dosent have a problem on easy

Blitz_
11-17-2004, 01:18 AM
whack it on legendary and see how he goes.....

Distress
11-17-2004, 01:43 AM
Blitz, your are really annoying me. I guess I could call you a Xbox fanboy.

Let's not start system wars...we need love, and wars aren't good. They only lead to destruction and hate. It really all comes down to the developers, just look at Gran Turismo and Ace Combat; besides, if you want to play that game, Playstation 3 already has so much going into it, and patents it’s almost funny.

Calling Halo revolutionary isn't right. It's a good game, but not great. The weapons aren't to realistic, the aliens are more like cartoon characters, and it's just a run and game FPS...nothing special. I don't see the CIA constantly shooting.

Blitz_
11-17-2004, 04:24 AM
xbox fanboy aye, u wish, im more of a pc fanboy. And i NEVER mentioned halo 2 was REveloutinary, i stated it was an evelutounary game ( i know i cant spell ), it has so mich going for it, and no its not just a run and gun game, theres so much more than that. Playstation 3 wont be such a big deal, patents, whoopdy doo, microsoft wont be sitting on their ass and letting sony take the lead again, the xbox next. Weapons arent realistic, hmm i dont really care, they sound meaty and better than our current weapons imo, and y the hell bring the CIA into this, halo is about a fight for earth, not some backyard skitzo who teh yanks spend years trying to catch.

danno
11-17-2004, 05:40 AM
Blitz, your are really annoying me. I guess I could call you a Xbox fanboy.

Let's not start system wars...we need love, and wars aren't good. They only lead to destruction and hate. It really all comes down to the developers, just look at Gran Turismo and Ace Combat; besides, if you want to play that game, Playstation 3 already has so much going into it, and patents it’s almost funny.

Calling Halo revolutionary isn't right. It's a good game, but not great. The weapons aren't to realistic, the aliens are more like cartoon characters, and it's just a run and game FPS...nothing special. I don't see the CIA constantly shooting.

i'll tell you a secret.

(its not supposed to be realistic)

and i totally agree with blitz, halo 2 is an incredible game. better than the original in pretty much every way. to those who say graphics are worse, maybe you're playing it on a blurry TV or something cause if you go back to halo 1 and have a look, the graphics are HEAPS better.

i have been playing it on live in pretty much all my spare time thats why im not on here (or other forums) much anymore, and it will probably be that way for a while still. :D

VtecMini
11-17-2004, 05:51 AM
I've played both Half-Life 2 and Halo 2, they're both pretty great games, with rather unfortunate release timing. I'm struggling to divide my attention between the two, but at the moment Half-Life 2 is getting the better of my interest, primarily because FPS games are meant to be played with keyboard and mouse, simple as. Halo 2 strikes me as good, but it does just feels like a polished version of Halo, there's no denying that.

And yes, you're right, Halo 2 isn't very realistic, but who the *&%$ said it was supposed be?

Blitz_
11-17-2004, 05:57 AM
damn rite, and yes, its a pity that so many good games came out in november.

Miss Quattro
11-17-2004, 09:46 AM

:eek: undefinedOh.. I wasn't aware that there were any other games other than Halo. HAHAHA!! You know Halo 2 is bomb. I like it because you have access to cooler weapons. The maps are insane -- maybe it's just cuz I haven't learned them yet... but technologically speaking it's pretty intense... X-BOX LIVE!!! Try that and then tell me what you think! Oh.. another reason why it may not be as fun may be cuz you're playing with yourself? No pun intended... it's always more fun to team up on other teams with friends. :D :D I love Halo!!!

danno
11-17-2004, 04:16 PM
I've played both Half-Life 2 and Halo 2, they're both pretty great games, with rather unfortunate release timing. I'm struggling to divide my attention between the two, but at the moment Half-Life 2 is getting the better of my interest, primarily because FPS games are meant to be played with keyboard and mouse, simple as. Halo 2 strikes me as good, but it does just feels like a polished version of Halo, there's no denying that.

And yes, you're right, Halo 2 isn't very realistic, but who the *&%$ said it was supposed be?

oh that was distress, saying that the weapons arent realistic and the aliens look like cartoon characters.

Mr. Orange
11-17-2004, 04:39 PM
IMO. I think HALO2 is Awesome, not much better than the first but none-the-less, the current best multiplayer game out there. And I think GTA;SA is Awesome, definately more improved than VC and is the curent best single player game out there. I'm too lazy to type for an hour to try and back my opinions but yeah whatever.

my porsche
11-17-2004, 05:07 PM

THANK YOU!!! finally someone else not a total halo adict! god halo is driving me nuts!

deffenbaugh03
11-17-2004, 06:06 PM
I haven't had a chance to play the new Halo 2, but the first Halo is one kick ass game so i would think that with a set of new levels and some new additions to gameplay Halo 2 will be an awesome game, not revolutionary or evolutionary, but awesome and well worth the 50 bucks. Here's a pretty good video on some new things they added-
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_halo2_e3_2k4_demo.wmv

CdocZ
11-17-2004, 07:41 PM
2 things. 1, how much does half life 2 cost? 2, the plot in halo/halo2......if you say it isnt that great, then you obviously are the most pessimistic ignorant dumba** i know.

Luciferous
11-17-2004, 09:29 PM
You know what's funny about this thread? All the people who have been giving Halo2 soooo much hype in the past month or two are the ones defending the game....

I played it and I wasn't impressed. I was hoping that something with a microsoft tag attached wouldn't HAVE to suck, and it didn't. But neither did Halo1. But there's a difference between good and great. Its somewhere near deserved and overrated. Halo2 is good, but not great. And yes, it is overrated. Also mulitplayer is a crock, usually whoever gets a hold of the Sword ends up at the pointy end of the scores, so its not like its especially balanced with all the 'work' the development team put into it.

BTW just a note concerning who has the better technology- You could probably fit an entire PS2 console into an Xbox controller, I think that says it all.

clutch-monkey
11-17-2004, 09:33 PM
it felt like bungie had all these cool ideas, but only enough time to shove it into your average medal-of-honor type game(set in the future). the multiplayer still fun, and arguments between PS2 owners and X-box owners are pointless, because both consoles do different things better. i admit that i hate ps2 controllers, and only bought an x-box when they introduced human-sized controllers

Luciferous
11-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Ah jeez I remember when you first joined UCP clutch-monkey, and you already got an avatar....damn I should probably organise one....

This is gonna end up like the gun argument, its just gonna keep going but not actually go anywhere because both sides feel passionate about the subject.

clutch-monkey
11-17-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah, and that argument went for ages with no progress :)

Luciferous
11-17-2004, 09:40 PM
The important thing is that I was right and everyone who disagreed with me was wrong, they just didn't see it that way

clutch-monkey
11-17-2004, 09:42 PM
you sound like my girlfreind :D
there will probably be a horde of ps2/x-box fanboys descending on this thread as we speak

Blitz_
11-17-2004, 10:09 PM
"medal-of-honor type game"

lmfao, halo 2 is not a linear, corridor shooter with a plethora of scripeted events, more like open ended battle sequences fighting along with marines and so on,
i admit the hype was 2 much for halo 2 but in the end i think it paid off, every site reviewing it has given it toppo scores, and i myself give it a 9.5 out of 10, not perfect. The only game that was ever perfect for the time at which it came out was Perfect Dark, it was the most perfect game of the N64 era.

Luciferous
11-17-2004, 10:39 PM
FPS's have been done to death, theyre all the same now the only thing that gets changed is the smallest details. Halo2 is the same. Jeez, the graphics aren't even as good as Doom3's...

Blitz_
11-17-2004, 11:02 PM
lmfao! u cant compare the two, the xbox has a what, 64mb graphics card, for the doom3 pros they use 256mb, of course its gonna look bettter!!!! and fps arent all the same now, thier are different themes, settings, guns, physics and a whole heap of differences. I agree the WWII theme has been done to death, but developers are getting smart now, have a look at Call of Duty, that is one hell of a game, u actually feel like ur in with a group of otha yanks or russians fighting the nazis, not some lone soldier.

danno
11-17-2004, 11:16 PM
i think what will happen soon is a merging of the genres. so you would have an FPS style viewpoint (the best one of course) and you will walk around like you were in an RPG, yet you could go and join in street races like nfs underground, as well as getting your racing liscence and doing proper racing like in GT. sometimes you may get challenged to a fight, and then it will switch to a fighting game style view and your moves will be affected by how long you have been playing the game, if you have learned any martial arts, etc.

that is where i think games are heading. towards one large multi-genre game.

Blitz_
11-17-2004, 11:25 PM
indeed, im looking forward to the matrix online, awsum looking game so far, not sure about new GT, allrite graphics ( not as good as project gotham ) but i like the plethora of parts, will it be too much?

danno
11-17-2004, 11:28 PM
indeed, im looking forward to the matrix online, awsum looking game so far, not sure about new GT, allrite graphics ( not as good as project gotham ) but i like the plethora of parts, will it be too much?

i think GT4 will own.

and yes, i think it does look better than PGR 2. going back to PGR2 after RSC2 was pretty bad. RSC2 looks heaps better.

RacingManiac
11-17-2004, 11:33 PM
talking about graphics between a console and a PC is pointless, with a good enough graphic card a PC can do 1080p(thats 1920x1080 Progressive scan, 16:9 aspect ratio) on a HDTV(when the best Xbox can do is 720), good for playing game, movies, or even doing your homework(something console couldn't do...nor meant to, more like the otherway around...lol). Xbox's technology is like what, 5 years old PC technology now? of course its not going to be anywhere near PC's level, and PS2 is even further back....

It is always tempting for me to get a console to play those illusive title like the Gran Turismo series or Froza when it comes out, I mean nowadays it costs nothing. But just the other day I was playing my friend's PS2, and I find staring at that kind of graphic quality intolerable.....I am just going to blow my dough on a better graphic card for my PC instead....

Blitz_
11-17-2004, 11:59 PM
meh ive played GT : prologue, the graphics are cutouts, look closely, not really 3d but they are postcard qulity, for raw, unequalled graphical beauty id say burnout 3 or PGR2

Luciferous
11-18-2004, 12:00 AM
The RPG idea isn't likely, we've already established on one of the Aussie threads that 3rd Person gives the best sense of depth in a game. Hence the reason all RPG's use it, the entire point of the game is about depth

clutch-monkey
11-18-2004, 12:06 AM
"medal-of-honor type game"

lmfao, halo 2 is not a linear, corridor shooter with a plethora of scripeted events, more like open ended battle sequences fighting along with marines and so on,
i admit the hype was 2 much for halo 2 but in the end i think it paid off, every site reviewing it has given it toppo scores, and i myself give it a 9.5 out of 10, not perfect. The only game that was ever perfect for the time at which it came out was Perfect Dark, it was the most perfect game of the N64 era.

i wasn't talking specifically about medal of honor, i was just trying to think of an average fps. halo 2 is definitely linear, and did have awesome features, but the overall feel wasn't that great(especially after some of the hype and teaser trailers).
and perfect dark kicked ass

Blitz_
11-18-2004, 12:16 AM
:mad: halo 2 is not linear, geez, ok the last warthog mission was but for the rest it was mainly open ended.

clutch-monkey
11-18-2004, 12:28 AM
its not like the game gave u much freedom to explore it was pretty much 'defend this, get to this'. i would have preferred they put all the new features into the original. maybe some sort of halo anniversary edition

danno
11-18-2004, 01:41 AM
The RPG idea isn't likely, we've already established on one of the Aussie threads that 3rd Person gives the best sense of depth in a game. Hence the reason all RPG's use it, the entire point of the game is about depth

for me it doesnt. i feel like im far away and just controlling a character rather than actually being that character.

Luciferous
11-18-2004, 04:49 AM
I find that FPS just look like a carboard cutout in front of the screen, no matter how 3D the gun is. 3rd Person feels more immersive because you actually have peripheral vision, something which you just can't put into a FPS

danno
11-18-2004, 06:02 AM
I find that FPS just look like a carboard cutout in front of the screen, no matter how 3D the gun is. 3rd Person feels more immersive because you actually have peripheral vision, something which you just can't put into a FPS

thats something that is starting to happen with a few games. having dual monitors. forza motorsport, although its a racing game, has the ability to use 3 monitors at a time to give peripheral vision.

and 3rd person really isnt peripheral vision anyway, the camera is just further back, giving the impression of peripheral vision.

Luciferous
11-18-2004, 06:04 AM
No, I'd count it as actual peripheral vision. I suppose the problem is that you can sometimes see behind in 3rd Persons and aiming is a bit harder because your aiming from a lower point, but I like it better.

CdocZ
11-18-2004, 10:06 AM
one thing id like to say about the ending for halo2. all you people who say its disapointing......i bet after you have played thru the whole plot, after the halo series is over, youll be saying "ok, yeah, it was kind of an abrupt ending, but it was a good spot to end it" thats true, it was a good spot, just after a main action series part of the game ended, and right before another one begins. your just annoyed cause you cant[B] play thru after that part, and you just want a reason to not like that.

Mr. Orange
11-18-2004, 02:08 PM
I agree the WWII theme has been done to death, but developers are getting smart now, have a look at Call of Duty, that is one hell of a game, u actually feel like ur in with a group of otha yanks or russians fighting the nazis, not some lone soldier.
COD is my fav pc game right now and fav war game. I'm not sure though if I'm going to by Finest Hour, is that any good? :confused:

johnnynumfiv
11-18-2004, 02:12 PM
i've played a few hours of multiplayer so far on halo 2, i like it a lot, it seems a lot better than the first. My friend said he beat the single player in 11 hours though.
When is Forza Motorsport coming out or has it already?

CdocZ
11-18-2004, 02:20 PM
11 hours first time in halo2? thats not bad. the halo games dont exactly have the longest single player, and halo2s is only slightly longer then halo1s. 10-12 hours sounds about right. tell me how many weeks it takes him to beat it on legendary tho (its self slaughter)

Rockefella
11-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Guys, you haven't explored the true depths of the game unless you've played it online. :rolleyes:

Distress
11-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Is online really any good? I've tried to connect my xbox online, but I keep getting DSN errors (guess I'll call my ISP some time).

I've played multiplayer, and for me it depends on who I'm playing against. I sure they heck wont use the head-set, don't want to listen to people whine and cry, or brag for something stupid. I just have a feeling few people use any tactics, they just run around with no fear of dieing :( . So much for a "battle". The arena's in Halo 1 aren't to good either, it's just not a battle field.

Blitz_
11-18-2004, 09:29 PM
online is fantastic, im not sure about your ISP, theres a preequisite for UPLOAD speed, i think its 128kb, i have 1024 / 256 kb internet and runs withought any lag. Yer, trust me, 2 many losers talkin trash on the headsets, but u can block them, me and my mates have a clan and weve been ripping the french apart for days now. Muahahhahaa.

danno
11-19-2004, 12:04 AM
lets just say its the best online game i have played. ever.

i spend pretty much every night playing it atm, and i love it. there is a bit of lag on some servers, but overall its very un-laggy. even with heaps of americans in the room (im from australia)

it could do with a few more maps though. im sure that bungie is making more maps as we speak.

Blitz_
11-19-2004, 03:18 AM
mmm downloadable content, pc no longer has the advantage wif mods and stuff, us xbox owners just d/l new maps, mods, weapons and such.

danno
11-19-2004, 05:31 AM
the thing is though, other people actually make maps for pc games. for xbox its only the people that actually made the game that can make downloadable content.

makes sure its all quality stuff though.

danno
11-19-2004, 07:33 AM
hey blitz, have you found any of the hidden skulls? i found the grunt birthday skull so now when i kill an enemy with a headshot it explodes. its so cool!!

Miss Quattro
11-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Like what I said... XBOX LIVE!!!!!

Blitz_
11-20-2004, 05:09 AM
no i havent found it yet, ive heard OF them, ill try and find some tonite

danno
11-20-2004, 06:31 AM
go to teamxbox.com

in the halo 2 forum there is a thread for easter eggs. theres explanations on how to get most of em there.

johnnynumfiv
11-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Has Forza motorsport come out yet?

ZeTurbo
11-20-2004, 02:47 PM
BTW, going back to PS2 having better technology than the XBox: Here is the link to technical data. (http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-vs-ps2-gamecube-comparison-chart.html) :rolleyes:
dude! that site is SOOOO biased!~!!! how can you even post sometrhing like that. of course x-box comes out the winner ... its the fukin x-box site!! :(
btw i do know X box has better tech than ps2 but that site is just not a good argument.

Blitz_
11-20-2004, 07:40 PM
it doesnt matter because they are facts, so if it it biased it would not have any bearing on the technical information, they are facts, hence the fact they cant lie, if i were to go to an unbiased site the technical specs would be the same

Decave
12-01-2004, 12:51 PM
regarding halo and halo2 or any xbox game for that matter, can you download updates for the game from xlink or xboxconnect? that would be the only reason that i would use it for and i dont feel like wasting money.

Rockefella
12-01-2004, 01:10 PM
dude! that site is SOOOO biased!~!!! how can you even post sometrhing like that. of course x-box comes out the winner ... its the fukin x-box site!! :(
btw i do know X box has better tech than ps2 but that site is just not a good argument.
Those are facts man, notice how PS2 websites and Gamecube websites don't post it.. It would only make em' look worse. Why not let the X-box strut its stuff. :cool:

Rockefella
12-01-2004, 01:12 PM
regarding halo and halo2 or any xbox game for that matter, can you download updates for the game from xlink or xboxconnect? that would be the only reason that i would use it for and i dont feel like wasting money.
not too sure, i think u can only play on xbc, all the extra goodies w/ the downloads and what not are only featured on XBL, I think. :rolleyes:

Decave
12-01-2004, 04:10 PM
not too sure, i think u can only play on xbc, all the extra goodies w/ the downloads and what not are only featured on XBL, I think. :rolleyes:

dam. i was really hopin that xlink or xbconnect wud be able to download stuff. the reason that im not just trying it out is b/c i would have to do a whole bunch of crap with my cables to hook up the box to the comp and id have to find a smaller tv to get up the stairs, so w/e thnx anyways.