PDA

View Full Version : Fiat X1/9

Lvn_MR2
11-23-2004, 10:22 PM
well....if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it :D

I own a Fiat X1/9 and have owned one before. I also own MR2's. I was wondering since my current X1/9 has no engine and a have a spare alfra romeo Boxer engine, i was wondering if its possible to power the X1/9 with a boxer?

I would need a cable shift gearbox, and im unsure if any of the alfas were cable shift, but would it be possible to built a boxer X1/9?....really looking at the future upgrade of a porsche 6 cylinder :eek:

any help is much appreciated.

Lvn_MR2

Sei cilindri
11-24-2004, 03:43 AM
Wow, that would be a danting task
Heaving experience with both the Alfa engine and X 1/9 cars I would say that it will be very hard to do
First off all you would need to manufacture a new bell house as the engine/gearbox mounts are all different of the alfa engine
Furthermore you are likely to ran into all kinds of problems regarding the space in the engineroom. The Alfa engine is a much wider engine
I will not say its impossible as I have seen V8 squized into Skoda's en even Mini's but it will be VERY difficult
Why don't you source a Fiat Uno turbo
Take out the enfgine and motor management and you will have a seriously quick albuit tricky car with very little hassle !

dave_fonz_164
12-09-2004, 03:27 PM
there is someone in england i think that put a V6 alfa romeo into an x/19, very interesting swap

found it in auto italia car mag

f250
12-10-2004, 11:59 AM
i now someone in belgium with v6 2liter turbo engine in a x1/9 race car with a gearbox
of a 4cil lancia