Conversation Between Wouter Melissen and LandQuail

1 Visitor Messages

1. Wouter,

This is the 'Quail. I enjoy this website so much I'm starting to wonder if I don't owe you some more money to keep the "supporting member" script under my name.

You've got a brilliant thing going here in this little corner of the interweb — brilliant because not only are we united under the common, border-crossing, all-encompassing banner of gearhead, we're also all here because it's a comfort to graze among our own kind.

I'm going to cut short the lengthy diatribe on the value of collective petrolhead advocacy in a world where driving for the sheer joy of it is increasingly becoming an anti-social activity, I'll just say that this guy who's avatar is underneath me, this "What" guy, is rubbing me the wrong way.

Though I often fail, the 'Quail tries to respect the spirit of collective respect for this website, as the finest here do also. We've got a website that attracts the likes of Henk and Napolis and many other notables for a reason; we're serious about it.

It's one of the most cost-effective "members only" clubs I've enjoyed being a part of, but a few bad apples ruin the bunch, as us toofless Arkies say.

I'm not calling for a ban on "What." The kid's got potential, but he's just so goddamn Juvenile; he's repeating the same "you're gay" sentiment, and it got old the first time he did it.

Like I said, I respect what you've made here deeply. That's why I'm coming to you instead of "flaming" the kid, as my primitive Hillbilly instincts tell me to.

Let him know that in this place there are unwritten rules; there is a loose code of conduct with severe consequences for infractors.

L. Quail.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1