Ultimatecarpage.com forums

Ultimatecarpage.com forums (https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website discussion (https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official launch of the Ultimatecarpage.com store (https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16101)

Wouter Melissen 07-06-2005 01:45 AM

Official launch of the Ultimatecarpage.com store

The summer heat is pounding most of us right now, so we thought it would be a great time to introduce our stylish T-shirts to help keep you cool. The Ultimatecarpage.com online store is now officially open for business.
To start, we have three different original sports car designs screen-printed on heavy duty t-shirts. There are plans in the future for baseball caps and other clothing, as well as Ultimatecarpage.com stickers and posters. The prices are great, with extra deals for subscribers. The ordering process is quite easy, so come on into the store and pick your favourites.
Maybe with the help of these shirts we'll all be able to recognize fellow Ultimatecarpage.com users at the upcoming summer car shows. Don't forget; it's never too early to start your Christmas shopping.

Store
[url]http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=store/product_bulk.php[/url]

clutch-monkey 07-06-2005 02:34 AM

ouch its going to cost $38aud for one shirt, i hope it can get here before october....

danno 07-06-2005 02:39 AM

theyre probably very nice shirts, and i probably would buy one.......except for one thing thats holding me back..........

they are advertising a website. If wearing a shirt that advertises a website doesnt make you a huge nerd, nothing will.

jorismo 07-06-2005 02:47 AM

I would say: congrats to UCP admins! I think this is really a good plan! Are there plans to enlarge the shop in the future??

clutch-monkey 07-06-2005 02:48 AM

[QUOTE=danno]theyre probably very nice shirts, and i probably would buy one.......except for one thing thats holding me back..........

they are advertising a website. If wearing a shirt that advertises a website doesnt make you a huge nerd, nothing will.[/QUOTE]
the nerdiness is nullified by the high quality and the fact it has a GT3 on the front i hope, i'm ordering tommorrow

whiteballz 07-06-2005 02:50 AM

Congratulations to the UCP mods, and AAA-MOD for the designs, they look awesome :)

ill be ordering mine specialy ;)

Wouter Melissen 07-06-2005 03:55 AM

[QUOTE=jorismo]I would say: congrats to UCP admins! I think this is really a good plan! Are there plans to enlarge the shop in the future??[/QUOTE]
There are plans to add some more stuff, but for the foreseeable future this is our inventory.

Pando 07-06-2005 04:06 AM

[QUOTE=danno]theyre probably very nice shirts, and i probably would buy one.......except for one thing thats holding me back..........

they are advertising a website. If wearing a shirt that advertises a website doesnt make you a huge nerd, nothing will.[/QUOTE]
I somewhat agree. The pics are good etc, but for something to wear? Idunno. :( Imo more down to earth designs would've been better. Now what people see is just a car and a website. I would've liked a abstract picture that everyone wouldn't recognize, but car enthusiasts would. Like a black and white version of an easy guess the car ;)
Perhaps this and more is already planned and will be done later? It would also be cool to have an Ucp logo... Something really cool. How about having a cometition + vote on designing that? :)

edit:
[QUOTE=Wouter Melissen]There are plans to add some more stuff, but for the foreseeable future this is our inventory.[/QUOTE]
oh this sort of answers my questions

Wouter Melissen 07-06-2005 04:09 AM

[QUOTE=clutch-monkey]ouch its going to cost $38aud for one shirt, i hope it can get here before october....[/QUOTE]
All shipping will be through air, so september should be no problem.

clutch-monkey 07-06-2005 04:14 AM

[QUOTE=Wouter Melissen]All shipping will be through air, so september should be no problem.[/QUOTE]
cool, hopefully we'll be able to post pics of us all decked out in ucp shirts at bathurst

pimento 07-06-2005 04:52 AM

Did you have to get special permission to use the images of the cars on there? Mayhaps for the next round whenever it happens there could be one that is decided by a site-wide poll, of even make that a priviledge of supporting members. 'Become a supporting member and vote for a t-shirt'. Sounds good to me.

<AAA-MOD> 07-06-2005 05:09 AM

[QUOTE=clutch-monkey]the nerdiness is nullified by the high quality and the fact it has a GT3 on the front i hope, i'm ordering tommorrow[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, the logos are on the back, with a small Ultimatecarpage.com logo centre chest.

[QUOTE=pimento]Did you have to get special permission to use the images of the cars on there?[/QUOTE]

No, since they are original representations of the cars, it's no different than taking original photographs of the cars and selling them. We also had the GT3 logo and PORSCHE on the rear of the GT3 but removed them to prevent any copyright logo concerns.

Rockefella 07-06-2005 05:12 AM

They look pretty good, I think I'll pick up one or two either today or tomorrow. BTW, if a friend tells you you're a nerd, just do what I do and tell them to STFU.. my friends kiss my shoes 50% of the time.

Also, lets say I ordered 2 shirts today (Size-L), how long would it take to ship to North Jersey, 5 mins from NYC? (In America of course, assuming the shipping is going down from Ontario)

Blue Supra 07-06-2005 05:19 AM

i have one special order, buying next week:)

Sweeney921 07-06-2005 05:37 AM

Whenever bumper stickers are made, I'll be one of the first to get one.