Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: next gen honda NSX scrapped.

next gen honda NSX scrapped.

the next generation NSX based on honda's HSC concept car have been scrapped. the reason for this is that the american division want to have the money being used for a car that will challenge porsche's boxter. honda america said that the money would be better spent on them and the porsche chaser, because the NSX is such a narrow vissioned car, "its a supercar, no one want a japanese supercar anymore"......

the other reason is that honda's stylists are having trouble making the design "gel' between looks and functionality.

i think its a great loss to see the new gen NSX scrapped. and to whoever said that no one wants a japanese supercar anymore can shove that quote up their vegimite spider.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Angry

on the 10th aniversary of Ayrton Senna tragic departure, I was hoping to see Honda reviving the supercar he helped develop! ..... #sigh# ... only because Honda America needs a porsche boxter "chaser" ???? What about the S2000 ???

We need another supercar to dream of =>The Japanese way!

i agree

just think this way, honda AMERICA, they dont do things properly once, they f**k around with so many models till they get it right. unlike porsche who has stuck with the 911 shape for a LONG time. no offence to americans, but why dosent handa america just create their own hy-po s2000? the styling is better then the boxter.........
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Too lazy to read everything But I think this thread contains the same news.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...light=scrapped

i also heard it got scrapped in part because they didnt want to bring out a nsx successor that looked too much like the enzo as the hsc did
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

From Where?

And is it necessary to bring up 2 year old threads?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

In the NSX replacement's on again off again saga, it's on again but not until 2009.

Automotive News / January 10, 2006 - 1:30 pm

Don't expect the replacement for the Acura NSX sports car before 2009.

Last July, Honda Motor Co. said the next-generation NSX would arrive in "three or four years" with a V-10 engine.

Honda plans to introduce the Acura brand in Japan in the autumn of 2008. But the new NSX won't be part of the lineup for that brand launch, says Motoatsu Shiraishi, president of Honda R&D Co.

Says Shiraishi: "We don't think the NSX will be ready in time."
    Source article at autonews.com
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Where do you guys get your facts from to back it up? It's coming in a couple years. Just sit back and be patient.

God I hope it comes at first I didnt like this car, but once I saw how well balanced and excellently tuned it was I grew to love it. I would personally love to see another Honda/Acura supercar as a current and proud acura owner!

i thought it was confirmed that the nsx was cut without a replacement in the foreseable future ...

Doesn't bother me much. The originals were always the best.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

The HSC Concept is what was scrapped, there is most definitely going to be an NSX replacement. I Can't wait. I think the original looked the best as well.

Sigh... Sigh... Sigh... Sigh... I always wanted to see the HSC become the next super NSX... And now it's gone, gone, it's gone... Shame on Honda. How could they sink one of their highly reputated, good looking and even one of their most successful cars?! Sigh... Just for a Porsche "chaser"? My God, that seems so stupid. Sinking a car that beated Ferrari in those days... Meh... What's with them? What is going to happen to the nice S2000 then?

it's not gone! but i have a terrible feeling the nsx's replacement will have "paddle shifters" AWD and "Navi" and no gated shifter beacause thats "OLD" and know one wants that. i hope they don't show case all their technology in this one that would ruin it. this is what i want....320hp turbo'd v6, rear wheel drive, reminisent looking of the old nsx but a bit updated, gated shifter, and very lightweight.

They can get 320hp out of a N/A v6...why have it turbo'd? If it was turbo'd, I'd want 400hp at least. Besides, they'd need at least 400hp to make it a credible competitor.

IF you want what you say you want just get a current NSX and buy a bodykit for it or something... and add a turbo..

Thread Information