Thread: Portimao Parkalgar Autodrome

Portimao Parkalgar Autodrome

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Can hardly wait to see Superbikes on this track.
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games"
    -Ernest Hemingway

I didn't think it would turn out so 'hilly', it's quite interesting
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I think the LMS series will be there next year. Could be very interesting....and hot too. Being located in the Algarve, who many spectators do they expect? The Grandstands are big enough, but so are the distances to Lisbon and what ever have you.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

after turn 3, it becomes very interesting. after the whole lap, I decided this can probably be the best new circuit in recent years. maybe a little short on straights for cars' overtaking, but awesome for bikes.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Such a relief will make the racing more interesting for sure. Who will race it beside from motorcycles?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I think the LMS series will be there next year. Could be very interesting....and hot too. Being located in the Algarve, who many spectators do they expect? The Grandstands are big enough, but so are the distances to Lisbon and what ever have you.
    Lisbon to Algarve is about 300Km, and you do have highways... it doesn´t take that long.
    Of course being the beautiful place it is, and having some interesting secondary roads I´d advice the scenic route. Lots of nice places and incredible coast on the way and the place itself.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    - George Bernard Shaw

New Algarve circuit to host Formula One test

Portugal’s new Autodromo Internacional Algarve circuit will stage its first Formula One test in December, with McLaren and Honda among those due to attend.

The 4.7-kilometre track, which gained FIA approval earlier this month, is hoping to become a major F1 testing venue capable of rivalling the popular Jerez and Barcelona circuits in neighbouring Spain.

Situated on Portugal’s southern coast, the Algarve Motor Park (its official English translation) features a variable circuit layout and a high-tech sprinkler system able to simulate a wide range of wet-weather track conditions.

The Formula One circuit is just one element of the venue, whose plans also include a technology park, go-kart track, hotel and apartments and a sports complex.

Its inaugural F1 test is scheduled for December 15-17.
    source: The Official Formula 1 Website

now tell me that this is the same track :P
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

autodromo algarve

It sure is the same track. I am a sports chiropractor working there from an exec lounge overlooking the grid and into the pits, can see all of the main straight which is 1km long, the first and last corner and several other areas. It is a brilliant complex with great facilities. There are over 50 variations of track layout and can be automatically wet for wet racing conditions.
    Lisbon is about 2 and a half hours drive, Faro airport is 1 hour drive, all on new motorways

Thread Information