Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What cell/mobile phone do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Well, plans work a bit differently over here, and are generally too expensive. Free wireless connectivity doesn't exist, so you need a plan even just for that, I think it's no less than 25€. Then you have to add text and phone calls, which generally aren't covered by plans.

There are some relatively good offers, like 40 € with say 8 gb of data, 10 hours of calls and 200 messages a month, but iirc this particularly offer required to activate it on two different phones, or something.

So basically over here the wireless connectivity of the Ipod is barely useless.
    It's surely cheaper than an Iphone (8gb, 200 e for the Ipod, 540 for the Iphone, excluding plans), but it still costs more than twice another mp3 player with similar functionalities, except for the wireless thing.
    The wireless is just WIFI. I have a wireless router, so if I need to look something up real quick I can do that. Although that might be different in Europe and other places, I'm pretty sure you guys get charged by the gigabyte. Pretty much we get charged by speed, but we're allowed to use as much as we want, for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well, we like carburettors and clutches. So it's not strange that our idea of a phone is this:

It's a classic!!
    "Hello? No this is 7, you wanted 3. Ok, Byeeeee"

Back when phone numbers could be expressed in two syllables.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

There's an old phone hanging in my mum's place that looks like donkey kong.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

BlackBerry Curve 8520, perfect in every way for a media student, bar the shit camera!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    BlackBerry Curve 8520, perfect in every way for a media student, bar the shit camera!
    Mine is the 8530, almost the same as yours. Great smart phone. I agree about the camara. But that isn´t that important to me as much as all the other things it does so well.

I read an interesting article today, where it states that Smart Phones only take up 15% of the total cell phone market. I thought its market share would have been higher to be honest.
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 06-29-2010 at 06:51 PM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Also, correction for my phone. I do not have a storm 2 i have a storm 1 i have no idea why i wrote 2, i apologize.

its not a lemon, my wife has one also and hers is a piece also
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Also, correction for my phone. I do not have a storm 2 i have a storm 1 i have no idea why i wrote 2, i apologize.

its not a lemon, my wife has one also and hers is a piece also
    That explains it. The Storm 1 is known to be problematic. But I´ve seen several reviews on YouTube that say the those problems have been fixed on the Storm 2
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    I read an interesting article today, where it states that Smart Phones only take up 15% of the total cell phone market. I thought its market share would have been higher to be honest.
    If that's the global market then you have to take into account developing countries where smart phones are not high on the priority list. Yes, developed countries have more cell phones per capita, but I believe that I read cells are common in developing countries as they often have towers in place instead of land lines rather surprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    If that's the global market then you have to take into account developing countries where smart phones are not high on the priority list. Yes, developed countries have more cell phones per capita, but I believe that I read cells are common in developing countries as they often have towers in place instead of land lines rather surprisingly.
    In many developing countries the quality of the fixed network was so bad, that they just skipped the costs to get that up to standard and went for mobile in stead.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    Mine is the 8530, almost the same as yours. Great smart phone. I agree about the camara. But that isn´t that important to me as much as all the other things it does so well.

I think it's the same phone just under different names in different markets, 8520/8500/8530

seems a little low indeed, and as my Dad has an iPhone 3GS, we were both impressed by the e-mail in comparison and were intrigued as to why Apple have only just come up with Multi-tasking when BlackBerry have offered it since forever... The camera though is shocking, hugely dissapointed after coming from a 5MP Samsung Soul slider
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Well i am having a Blackberry 8530.Its a good phone but ya its camera is not so nice.But i dont need camera so much ,so quite happy with my phone.
    Last edited by henk4; 08-04-2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: removal spam link

Thread Information