1 6.67%
  • Alonso will get his maiden win and check another item from his "to do" list

2 13.33%
  • Webber or Vettel, the real King is Newey and his RB6

11 73.33%
  • other - please post

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Belgian Grand Prix (August 27-29)

Looking forward to my home GP !!! hopefully the rain will play a big part in the result !!! maybe Schumi can once again go for a stunt at his favorite track. as long it isn't like last year one overtaking in the first lap and that was it.

Vettel = Master of cockups

Strange accident with Vettel, but the penalty was unnecessary (or, strictly speaking, plain stupid) - F1 officials have now started to penalize for making a mistake, while Huelkenberg trying to push De La Rosa off the track on a sraight was left unnoticed. Waiting for a decision about Barrichello...

What a race. Long live King Hamilton.

Vettel's punishment is deserved IMO, you can only be so clumsy, this time he was too much and was lucky to have not DNFed on the spot. Imagine what will become if guys start losing their cars like that every race...

And Alonso? Ferrari put all eggs in his basket only for him to have a horrible weekend like this after only two good results. If one didn't know better and watched the race, he'd think their lead driver is Massa while Alonso is taking all the risks and gambles to see what works and what doesn't.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Homem de Gelo View Post
    Vettel's punishment is deserved IMO, you can only be so clumsy, this time he was too much and was lucky to have not DNFed on the spot. Imagine what will become if guys start losing their cars like that every race...
    Don't agree. How can anyone be punished for an ordiary driving mistake? The reason for a punishment was the fact that he has taken Button away. If his Red Bull, being undriveable, would not hit the McLaren, there would be no punishment, but it did, due to one reason or another. How does this correspond with FIA's intention to increase the number of overtakes if the drivers know that in case of mistake they will be punished? How does this correspond with racing spirit at all?

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Don't agree. How can anyone be punished for an ordiary driving mistake? The reason for a punishment was the fact that he has taken Button away. If his Red Bull, being undriveable, would not hit the McLaren, there would be no punishment, but it did, due to one reason or another. How does this correspond with FIA's intention to increase the number of overtakes if the drivers know that in case of mistake they will be punished? How does this correspond with racing spirit at all?
    there is some truth in that, but in this case they were not racing, Vettel just came too close and lost control. It would have been a racing accident if both drivers would have been able to avoid contact. In this case, as the BBC guys said, Button was just minding his own business.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Don't agree. How can anyone be punished for an ordiary driving mistake?
    That wasn't an ordinary mistake, it was just sheer recklessness from Vettel that caused the accident.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I think Vettel or any driver who repeats displays of poor judgment should be penalized for each infraction after it has become clear that it is a pattern.

It certainly fits Vettel, and not just for incidents in this season.

Fun race to watch !!! hopefully we can watch it in 2011 ??? and not another new boring circuit

Quote Originally Posted by putje View Post
    Fun race to watch !!! hopefully we can watch it in 2011 ??? and not another new boring circuit
    God bless Spa. I would rather have it once more in a calendar that one more Tilkedrome.

Speaking about Vettel, I still think that punishing him for a mistake was not fair - he has lost enough positions without that punishing himself. Punishments shouldn't be different for different drivers. He's still childish, but losing the WDC this year (I don't believe he would be the champion this year, although I think he's able of having a couple titles in the future) I believe he will have something to think of during the upcoming winter.

The penalty was a way the stewards found to tell him, and the rest of the pack, to smarten up. He would have landed in heaven if he had collided with Button wheel to wheel and flown away.

Did you guys notice Schumacher made it all the way to 7th? Who would have guessed.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Would've been 6th. Rosberg made a pretty bold move near the end to get by.

Which really was too bad IMO, this weekend for the most part see MS did ok over Nico, but yet again not much to show for. Mercedes was the only team(I think) to have stopped only once at the end for change to inters. Too bad their car was just not that fast.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

God bless Spa. I would rather have it once more in a calendar that one more Tilkedrome.

Speaking about Vettel, I still think that punishing him for a mistake was not fair - he has lost enough positions without that punishing himself. Punishments shouldn't be different for different drivers. He's still childish, but losing the WDC this year (I don't believe he would be the champion this year, although I think he's able of having a couple titles in the future) I believe he will have something to think of during the upcoming winter.
    Yes, he'll be thinking about Webber who quietly pressed Seb's face in dough and made jackass cookies.

Why shouldn't punishment be different for drivers who time after time have shown to be reckless?

I think part of the decision to penalise Seb was that it took Button out of the race, and potentially the championship. Plenty of people have compared it to Webber's similar brain fade in Australia, but there Webber didnt eliminate Hamilton from the race and they both only lost a couple of positions. It was also a simple rear end impact where a few people also raised some questions over the way Hamilton was trying to get around Alonso at the same time.
    I am the Stig

Check Massa's grid position.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kChqJVjp9U&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kChqJVjp9U&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Thread Information