Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C6 article...

C6 article...

Hi guys,

I just read this article on the C6 and I thought you might enjoy it.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

sounds good.

Can you confirm the fornt/rear weight balance is 51/49 ?
    I'm surprised they didn't move it slightly backwards with the lighter engine, anyone know why ?? Maybe the longer wheelbase ???
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    sounds good.

Can you confirm the fornt/rear weight balance is 51/49 ?
    I'm surprised they didn't move it slightly backwards with the lighter engine, anyone know why ?? Maybe the longer wheelbase ???

the c6 has a shorter wheelbase then the c5, by 5 inches. but I have no idea on the weight balance
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    the c6 has a shorter wheelbase then the c5, by 5 inches. but I have no idea on the weight balance
    From the article
    "On both the road and at VIR the C6's ride was noticeably softer, more relaxing than a C5 Z06, thanks to the longer wheelbase, stiffer structure, longer suspension travel and new tires."
    :even more:
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

huh?

from car and driver

"But there's . . . something different here. It looks more purposeful, more potent, and more compact. It's not entirely a trick of styling. The Corvette has shrunk by five inches in length and by an inch in width, measured at its still-ample hips. All that length was taken out of the overhangs: two inches from the front and, mercifully, three off the chunky rump."

it was here http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1

So now im all confused
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    huh?
    Both might be correct.

one is wheelbase and that article mentions length

Wheelbase affects handling

Aye, the overall length has been shortened but the wheelbase is longer, or so I've gathered.
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

from motor trend:

wheelbase: 105.7
    weight balance f/r: 52/48

If you want any other info just say so and my all mighty MT will tell me.

Did quite good track time on Top Gear tonight.
    ( This is the 'faster' Stig so some of the cars may well be quicker but still not bad )
    However, they had little to say good about it
    Can't get the whole item into the 2Mb limit, might try and reduce to multipe 2Mb clips to share.
    In the meantime enjoy this .....
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was hoping it would be an article about the Citroën C6, but noooo

Matra et Alpine could you please post the time the Stig did in the C6 please, I can't get the Top Gear page to open for some reason. I'm not surprised to hear that Top Gear said very few good things about the Vette, let's face it, they aren't too fond of American cars...oh well.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Matra et Alpine could you please post the time the Stig did in the C6 please, I can't get the Top Gear page to open for some reason.
    It's in the vid clip I posted above..... 1 min 26.8 sec

I'm not surprised to hear that Top Gear said very few good things about the Vette, let's face it, they aren't too fond of American cars...oh well.
    Taz.
    Alternatively , they say good things about good cars and bad things about bad. I was surprised how badly it did in the sprint !!!

But Clarkson is VERY OPINIONATED and a pain. Talking to the Deronda designer at knockhill he was refusing to give them a car. He knew how Clarkson would berate it for the chosen minimalist styling and "not worth the bad press" was his comment
    Anyway, Clarkson thinks the GT is the best thing since sliced bread !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 08-01-2004 at 03:24 PM.

"when you drive the C6, the C5 will seem like a piece of shit."
    Bob Lutz on the Corvette C6.

So either
    1) the C6 is really, really good
    or
    2) the C5 is pretty bad

Looking at the Stig's hot lap, it looks like 2. Wobble
    I was prepared to rate the C6, but it just didn't impress me. After all the hype about how good it is supposed to be
    - It looks ungainly
    - The interior is cheap and nasty
    - The clutch was destroyed after Top Gear had finished with it (source: Daily Telegraph 31/7/04)

This (also from the Telegraph article) concerns me greatly:
    "Starting is by a button next to the steering column and you are required to push the clutch all the way to the floor as a safety precaution; leaving the gearlever in reverse when you switch off is an additional security measure that shuts down all unnecessary electrical circuits and minimises battery drain."

Why does it need the clutch depressed as "a safety precaution"?
    What happens if you don't?

"unleashing 400 horses and roaring towards the horizon with a thunderous exhaust note that makes the Ford GT tested last week sound like a Scalextric car"

"With its competition in terms of performance (Aston Martin DB9, Ferrari 360 Modena and Porsche 911) costing more than twice as much and only a couple of TVRs available for less - as they should be, given their relative lack of refinement - the Corvette therefore represents an awful lot of car for the money. I'd certainly think twice about paying another 40 grand for right-hand drive."

These continuing attacks on TVR really get on my tits.
    It is Extremely unprofessional. TVR aren't supposed to be refined, that isn't the point of them.

As was clearly demonstrated on Top Gear, the TVR was last off the line, yet managed to pull up, have a cup of tea, crafty Benson and a quick visit to the loo before the rest of the cars arrived.
    /rant
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Why does it need the clutch depressed as "a safety precaution"?
    What happens if you don't?
    Think of their mass market.
    US consumers are predominately used to automatics and are notoriously litiginous !
    Autos only start when in PARK.
    How do they avoid a court case when some bozzo starts the MANUAL C6 car with it in gear ?
    Answer - mnake them press the clutch to start the car. Therefore it will not move while starting. ( Course whether this prevents accidents by idiots I'm not sure !! )
    Another example of everyone having to do something inane because of idiots who are given sourt time in a crazy society ( I inlude the emerging UK one also )

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Anyway, Clarkson thinks the GT is the best thing since sliced bread !!!!
    Yeh, with its 5.4L truck engine doing 3 miles to the gallon...

the other thing i don't get is that 2 weeks ago when they tested the CL 65 AMG Clarkson claimed it was the most powerful production car in the world????? that is a load of crap, according to the guiness records the most powerful prodcution car in the world is a Koenigsegg CCR with 807 bhp followed by the CC8 with 665 bhp. Not only that, he claimed that the CL 65 was more powerfull than the Merc SLR?? I far as I know it isn't. the SLR has 626 bhp and the CL65 has 612 bhp. alhtough the CL 65 has alot more torque...

any thoughts?
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

Thread Information