Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti 16C Galibier Concept 2009

The Porsche Panerama called. They want their rear end back.

And 8 exhaust pipes? WTF were they thinking?

And yes, this is exactly what the Russians would buy.

The front was nice. Too much aluminium. And honestly, I'd rather get an Audi A8 W12 than this. Or a RR Silver Ghost. Or a Bentley Continental GT. Even a Toyota Century. Or dare I say it, a Hyundai Equus before I get this thing.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 09-14-2009 at 04:44 PM.

Looks like a Panamera on steroids.
    What's this for?

Front for some reason reminds me of 1 series Bimmer, probably the shape. I actually like the interior, but the exterior is meh.....it is good though they have finished with a trillion version of Veyron....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I actually think as a design its quite attractive.

Overall the style is coherent - The chrominium showcases the contours of the design brilliantly. The interior while not my cup of tea is simple and elegent - and honestly the signature is something the target market would go mental for.

The exhaust pipes are a little over the top - however there is a chance they are function WITH form - with an undoubtedly massive engine it may well breathe better like this.

I find (if a fair bit of faff) the statement showcases quite accurately why the designers went with specific details over potentially more exciting details.

Overall I think its quite beautiful - It serves its purpose and should look quite nice driving around Monte Carlo
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I like it, providing i could changed that horrible 'polished aluminium. The back is everything the Panamera isn't, well designed. It reminds me of the Altea rear lights, but that is a good thing, the front lights inner detail is really great, i wish that could be maintained in the production car, the inside is great, i'd love to see it with carbon fiber inserts instead of wood, or brilliant black. The i-pod style cluster is a really nice touch to, just not so sure about the center intruments. I also find that 800Hp is adequate, to quote another famous brand.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Overall I think its quite beautiful - It serves its purpose and should look quite nice driving around Monte Carlo
    Seems a little too massive to be pootling about Monte Carlo.. burning up the highways to get there however..

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Seems a little too massive to be pootling about Monte Carlo.. burning up the highways to get there however..
    Exactly like big Bentleys and Masers this should be a car to cross countries at an awesome rate of speed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

This will surely be very expensive, and I'm not too sure whether I want it over an RR Ghost or even an Aston Martin Rapide. I mean, comfort wise, I'm not sure if it'll be any more comfortable than the Ghost, and style wise... well, other than the blunt front of the Rapide, I'm not sure if the Galibier that much better looking either. Quality/craftsmanship wise, the Aston or the RR can hardly be considered as bad.

I think the only redeeming feature of the car would be it's exclusivity, and it's distinctive detailing. Which I actually like a lot.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

what the hell has happned?
    why can't anybody design good looking cars anymore?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Everything that looks good has been designed already.

i dunno, it's like that new HSV VE series - looks like shit but doesn't have to. when your supposed multimillion dollar redesign can be vastly improved by some chimps on the internet with access to MS paint, you know you've got a problem
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 09-16-2009 at 12:57 AM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Someone give that chimp a job!

It's a better attempt at what the Porsche Panamera tried to accomplish, but the lack of trunk really hurts it from certain angles.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Everything that looks good has been designed already.
    Ayn Rand called. She would like you to stop saying that and instead, embrace individualism.

Interestingly, I can see the basic plot line of The Fountainhead being played out in this story. We have the young upstart design - the premium hatchback. Some love it, but most deride them as sacrilegious to their respective makers. However, the new breed of designer, one who refuses to follow the norms laid out in design school, continues this new trend much to the chagrin of his/her peers. Yet, over time, the designs end up growing better and better as we shed our preconceived notions and embrace the new school of design. Insert pathetic love story, terrorism, and a man who makes Howard Huges look normal, and bam, instant classic.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Joke, joyce..

Thread Information