Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza - Drift

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red Monte
    well i just got an xbox( yes i know im out of date) and im just learning how to drift, ive done it in GT4 but never on xbox, and idono how i drift all i can say is its nothn like what most newbs do lol im kinda of a pussy footer into the corners, i go in high and i try to exit low
    sounds kind of what i do: enter really high and go sideways through the racing line - at the apex my nose is usually a few inches from the inside
    do you follow the outside edge or cut through the centre like me?
    if you want an idea of how different me and whiteballz drift i use a viper to his supra
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Evolution:
    This is a nice AWD car to drift, be warned, handbrake will tend to give you an un-savable AOA, use it shortly and quickly.

That said, heavy trail braking is required to get this sideways without the use of handbrake, on some corners, handbrake IS a necessary evil.

Tire pressure
    Front: 2 BAR
    Rear: 3 BAR (med high on slider)

Camber
    Front = stock
    Rear = -2.3

Anti-Roll
    Front = 24
    Rear = 19.8

Springs
    Front = 119.9 Kg
    Rear = 71.9

Damping (bump)
    Front = 10.3
    Rear = 9.5

Damping (Re-bound)
    Front = 7.5
    Rear = 9.5

Brakes (balance)
    Front = 16% (slider heavily to the left)

Brakes (pressure)
    140% (3/4 up the slider)

handbrake (pressure)

1604KG
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

though i branch out in cars i use greatly, i love using AWD, and MR cars as well as supra's. to be honest, supra's are awesome to use, i have 4 different tuned supra's... one has so much boost mid corner i use that power to drift
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

^ lol
    "holy crap my boost is coming on" *tires explode*
    my technique requires a smooth power curve lol, or i'd be screwed
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

here is a rough estimation of what our power curves look like. its pretty amusing when we drag on the strip to see him blast out of the blocks quicker then me, but once my boost kicks in.. well i win by a car length or three.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i tryed the set up for the CTS-V i had to acctully take off the 11 psi supercharger so i can keep it on the track and not from spining, and if i use the 6.0 race engine that was not a good idea at all lol. im still a BIG newb at drifting, im still on taht mode that i need to keep my thumb pushn that poor D pad all the way to the left or right to keep the slide, and when im on maple valley the short version when i enter turn one after the little hump beofre the turn i lock up the rear tires and get the car to slide from there, but the car is sitll goin like 100+ into the corner and that corner is a long negitave turn, so half away through the car runs into the inside corner grass, even with teh STI it still does this. and on the track after maple valley(forgot the name) that long trun before the finish line, i can get the CTS to do the full slide and allmost stick it at the exit to the turn. the shity part is i drive sprint cars here in the states at a local track and i though it would be the same as that and wow there is no even a comparence to it lol i though i could take my experance from that and apply it to that. lol i quess not
    98 Monte Carlo LS Mostly Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Use manual transmission.
    i use manual transmission, but that fifth gear guy says something about balancing throttle with steering to avoid spinning out.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

watch the video i posted on control mid drift. it shows my steering and throttle movements very well.

feathering the throttle (letting off and putting back on) is good to do while your holding opposite lock.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i've decided to use the S2000 that is easier to drift, i don't think the AWD WRX STI was designed to drift, but it powerslides easily . The only modifications i do are to the engine and the driving aids. The suspensions get minor mods.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    i've decided to use the S2000 that is easier to drift, i don't think the AWD WRX STI was designed to drift, but it powerslides easily . The only modifications i do are to the engine and the driving aids. The suspensions get minor mods.
    the sti can drift ok if you modify the driveline etc

sounds like i have to make a vid of the STI drifting now..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

well here you go, me drifting my STI, one of my faveourite cars to drift.

i feel rather confident drifting this car, whats the hardest corner in the entire game and i will try to drift it

EDIT: forgot to attach vids
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by whiteballz; 07-21-2006 at 10:39 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

for some reason i can see any of ur attached files, gheyness there i quess but ive watched some stuff on streetfire.net and i think i get some of your guys techenques

i ahve a vid of my drift in the CTS -v will get posted up in teh next few mins

ok either u can get it at youtube here>>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ICFYGwu6U

or u can DL from my server here>>>>>http://www.dakotawbody.com/vids/CTSV%20drift.wmv

Thread Information