Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: GT4 whole car list!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    people...there will be plenty cars to choose from. 779 cars......seriously, besides ferrari and a few others, it will just be overkill. i mean........how many people are gonna be racing acuras? (at least in multi)

Online mode was stripped out. PD was not happy with the latency, and it will be released next summer, at early estimates. And I'll be racing my Integra. When I need a break from my big block Chevelle.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Excuse my french, but; **** yeah! It has the Volkswagen Corrado SLC, Toyota MR2 mk1, Bugatti Veyron, Lancia Stratos...

Best. Line up. Ever. the only thing that'd make it any better and truly sweet is if it had Porsche and Ferrari. and the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. oh well, I can live with what it's got.

I'd like to clear this up: This game has nothing to do with Electronic Arts or Need for Speed. It's by Polyphony Digital, a subsidery of Sony Computer Entertainment International (Japan). There will happily be no XBOX version, as the XBOX is a mediocre system at best, but lets forget that discussion for the time being. (Good news, Suko, look for a game called Forza Motorsport for the XBOX in the future. it features plenty of cars, including the Porsche's and Ferrari's GT4 doesn't have. wether it's any good remains to be seen.) I've seen the game in motion and trust me, it's literally photo-realistic. the gameplay still doesn't look quite as true to life as some other games I know, but It's damn good.

Spastik Roach: the AC Cobra is basically AC's remade version of the Shelby Cobra, which of course is Shelby's upgraded version of the AC Ace. The Shelby Cobra, essentially the same car as the AC you mentioned, is in the game.

Gran Tourismo 4 will be released in North America in early December.

As you may or may not have noticed, my other hobby besides cars are video games.
    Last edited by Radoman; 10-24-2004 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Woah, 8 pages. chalk it up to not being used to this board.

I figured I'd also note that the reason why Ferrari and Porsche aren't in GT4 is due to Licencing costs. Sony doesn't have the cash, or WON'T shell out the cash for the insane cost of having their vehicles in the game. some companies such as EA and Microsoft is willing to go that distance, but unfortunately Sony is not willing to take that step.

who cares? there's already a huge number of fine automobiles in there. i'd love to drive the Carrera GT, 944 Turbo, 250 GTO and the Enzo, but i'll live.

besides, if you wanted ferrari, then you would go to you're local arcade and play Sega's F355 Challenge like any good but poor Tifosi would do, right? Right?

Cool Spastik roach..... your are just that....

THE ac cobra is in the game u noob..... its under shelby shelby cobra 427... and porsches are ruf ... geek

wats rong wif u ppl.................. the porsches ARE in this game but are under the sister company called ruf which is inside porsche and sells modified models of posrche cars ....... an example of another company would be HSV .... or FPV

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Over 700 cars and no room For one Australian built car ???
    Rest easy. I understand that Holden, Ford, HSV and FPV will all be represented. There's also the Pontiac GTO. Who knows, the Mits Magna Ralliart may even be in there (though I doubt it). Don't worry, we're well represented.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by KeRmIt
    wats rong wif u ppl.................. the porsches ARE in this game but are under the sister company called ruf which is inside porsche and sells modified models of posrche cars ....... an example of another company would be HSV .... or FPV
    SMACK
    thats for being wrong. they aren't modified, they're different cars. R-U-F is not a sister company, they are an independent tuning company, just like saleen or shelby. go for a nice drive in your civic. think about what you just said.

here is a small history for you:

[I]True automotive enthusiasts are a rare breed. While they understand the importance of performance data and technical specification they also want to know about their car’s heritage. Thus, the owners of unusual and exotic sports cars are always looking beyond the simple technical facts for the manufacturer’s philosophy, and instead to the origin of its craftsmanship, its „raison d’être“.

Consequently, Alois Ruf wants to tell you the story of his company and how it came to be one of the few businesses that truly represents state of the art sports car design. The following history will not discuss the in-depth technical details of the various Ruf „exotics“ such as the CTR, CTR II, BTR, Turbo R, R-turbo, RGT, RCT, 3400 S and 3600 S, as most of them have already become so technically scrutinized, but will tell the enthusiast about the ideas behind Ruf cars and of the company’s heritage.

For more than 60 years the name of Ruf has been associated with the automotive industry and has meant quality and craftsmanship. It started in 1939 when Alois Ruf, Sr. first formed his company, Auto Ruf, as a general service garage. Today this same company is still operated at its original location on Mindelheimer Street in the quaint and quiet town of Pfaffenhausen, situated in southern Germany’s Allgäu region.

The company grew despite difficult times, and in 1949 a gas station was added to the company complex. Six years later the senior Ruf, recognizing the growing German interest in travel, challenged his own expertise and developed a full-sized passenger tourist bus, which was at that time a very rare type of vehicle in Germany. Its success in satisfying the travel needs of many Germans encouraged him to risk further expansion by later starting his own separately owned bus company.

With his already well known reputation for detail, courage, and ability to find solutions to important automotive problems, Ruf Sr. expanded his firm’s customer base by developing a popular economy car. The strained economy of the early 1950‘s, high taxes, and the need for further gas conservation led Ruf to develop a Volkswagen Beetle of reduced piston displacement. With lower overall power but improved fuel economy, it was another success for the firm, becoming popular in the local Allgäu region.

By the late 1950‘s the Italian Influence had creeped into Pfaffenhausen. In 1958 the Auto Ruf firm added a Fiat dealership so Germans could order their Fiat from, and have it properly serviced and pampered through Ruf. The company further expanded in 1963 by adding a BMW dealership.

While Ruf Sr. Continued to strengthen and expand the company, his son, Alois Ruf Jr., was developing his own interests and passions for "l’art-pour-idée“ in automobiles, the true sports car. Thus during the 1960‘s the younger Ruf, driven by his own interests and apprenticed to his father, gained invaluable experience by servicing and restoring Porsches

Ruf company records show that their first Porsche restoration was done in 1963 to one of the now legendary 356 models. During the 1950‘s and 60‘s the 356 was the dream car of many sports car enthusiasts. Today, new enthusiasts or the same lovers of Porsche can have their 356 as well as any other air-cooled Porsche model meticulously restored to its original condition at the Ruf Restoration Department

Upon the death of Alois Ruf, Sr. in 1974, his son, Alois Ruf, Jr., took over directorship of the company and vowed to continue its development and philosophy of innovation and quality. The success of this formula and his leadership is shown by the current recognition of Ruf as one of the most respected international sports car manufacturers and suppliers of specialized components in the world. Alois Ruf’s understanding of the strengths and inherent sporting characteristics of the Porsche 911 led to the company’s concentration on this model as the platform for all of its future automotive developments. This proved to be a wise and successful choice and has become the backbone of Ruf production for the past thirty years.

A Ruf sports car’s strength and appeal, its underplayed irresistability, is based on a concept that many sports car manufacturers appear to have lost. That is the basis of a car whose evolution is not dictated by model year or competitive products, but rather by recent completions and integrations of technical innovations. Thus continued increases in performance are seen through engines built with extreme precision, optimal chassis tuning proven through extensive testing, technical expertise shown by the development of specially designed high speed brakes and wheels, and six speed transmissions; all trademarks of the Ruf philosophy. This approach has resulted in such vehicles as the CTR, CTR II, BTR, Turbo R, R-turbo, RGT, RCT, 3400 S and 3600 S models which have become known worldwide as being among the foremost examples of individually developed quality and performance.

The first Ruf enhanced Porsche model made its debut in 1977. The turbocharged 911 engine, which was enlarged to 3.3 liters by Ruf through the use of larger pistons, had a distinct performance increase compared to the standard Porsche Turbo model. This was followed in 1978 by the development of a 217 bhp 3.2 liter version of the six cylinder normally aspirated 3.0 liter engine Porsche offered (which was far below its true performance potential). This conversion was favorably received by sports car enthusiasts worldwide and resulted in numerous orders.

Recognizing that one of the weaknesses of the Porsche Turbo was its four speed transmission, Ruf Automobile responded to customer demand in 1981 with their own five speed. It provided distinct performance advantages and driving pleasure for the owners of the turbocharged six cylinder engine. In the same year Ruf Automobile received the prestigious and coveted Manufactures’ Certification from the German Federal Vehicle Offices.

The company’s first “work of art,” representing the culmination of Ruf engineering advancements for the 911, was brought together in 1983 with the introduction of the Ruf BTR. This model, with a 3.4 liter Turbo engine of 374 hp and five speed transmission, was available in either a narrow body or Turbo body configuration. The construction of each vehicle began at the bare chassis level in the Ruf tradition of handmade craftsmanship.

Ruf Automobile GmbH did not restrict developments to the engine, transmission, or chassis but instead addressed improvements in all areas together. These included larger, better brakes and increased width and diameter wheels, which were both novel approaches at that time. Together with Dunlop in 1985, Ruf designed 17 inch wheels using the Dunlop RunFlat System, a system originally intended for the Porsche 959. Together, these ingenious technological advancements provided for maximum safety during high speed motoring.

Developments continued at an increasing pace and in 1987 the newest Ruf high speed sports car, the CTR, received its certification for normal road use. This incredible car, a 469 bhp twin turbo coupé, exceeded the top speed world record for production cars on the Nardo Racetrack at a rate of 342 km/h!! It was at the time, and still today, a truly astonishing pace. In addition, this same year Ruf GmbH became an approved manufacturer with the U.S. authorities for safety and emissions (NHTSA and EPA).

New developments continued and the CTR and BTR became available with a six speed Ruf transmission. Following the success of the 17 inch wheel design, further work led to the introduction of 18 and 19 inch wheels which incorporated the same safety features as were originally on the CTR.
    Based on the recently introduced Porsche C2/C4, the Ruf 964 BTR followed soon thereafter; a single turbo debutante with an increase of 40 bhp over stock to 360 bhp. In steadfast Ruf tradition, improvements were made in all areas of the car, including an increase in comfort. In 1992 the Ruf BTR became available with the Electronic Clutch System, or EKS, which was developed in partnership with Fichtel and Sachs. EKS provides all the advantages of being able to enjoy the sportiness of shifting gears but without the tiresome clutch pedal in pesky stop-and-go traffic or in high speed conditions. It is sporty yet comfortable, with consistently flawless clutch engagement.

In 1993, two new single turbo engines of 3.6 and 3.8 liter displacement became available to the Ruf and Porsche enthusiast. These engines were controlled by the latest Motronic systems which supply exact fuel needs for improved fuel economy and reduced emissions while still providing outstanding power.

Ten years after the CTR’s presentation, the time was right for a successor: Just like the Yellow Bird presented in 1987, the CTR 2 sported an array of technically innovative features underlining its deserved position atop the RUF model range.

For the first time ever, carbon fibre brake discs and 19” magnesium wheels were used in a road legal sports car. The 3,600 cm³ flat six twin turbo’s peak power output was tuned to 520 bhp at 5,800 rpm. Beyond its aerodynamic use, the CTR 2’s rear wing served as an airbox and as an inlet to feed the intercoolers.

With the introduction of the water-cooled 996 and Boxster model generation came new prospects for future RUF products. The RUF 3400 S, unveiled at the 1999 Essen Motor Show, enhanced the power available to the Boxster line. The 3400 S produced 310 bhp by using an upgraded engine, transplanted out of the existing 996, while still maintaining the same reliability demanded by RUF customers

The new millennium still sees RUF covering niche markets for customers with special requirements. That’s why the 385 bhp RUF RGT, which was built on the basis of the 996 Carrera, came to be. It further developed the technology of the 996 GT3 and was certified for sale in the United States at a time when Porsche did not offer the GT3 for U.S. export.

In 2001, following along with RUF’s turbo traditions, the R turbo was launched; a car with 520 bhp (optional up to 590 bhp) and capable of a top speed of over 345 km/h. Customer options are nearly limitless: they have the choice of Carrera body shell, wide body Turbo shell, or Sport version (extreme wide body). There is also the option for an R turbo cabriolet.

For the model year 2002, RUF created the logical evolution of the 3400 S: the 3600 S. Powered by the optimized 3.6 liter naturally aspirated engine of the 996 Carrera (with up to 345 bhp), the 3600 S betters the concept of the comfortably powerful roadster even further through the combination of a uniquely designed exhaust system, rear carbon fibre undertray, and advanced frontal aerodynamics

Alois Ruf enjoys his cars as much as his customers, recognizing that powerful and sporty cars require extra skill behind the wheel not only for safety, but to also be able to enjoy the car's true potential. Thus, since 1978, Ruf has offered his customers regular driver training events on race tracks such as Germany's Hockenheimring and the Sachsenring in Austria.[/I]

SMACK
    thats for the annoying icon

copy and pasted out the ass!
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

no kidding?

hey kko you're from saint louis?
    thats too bad, so you guys got swept in the world series huh?
    thanks for bowing out easy for us!

Ooooooh mama, I want that game... so many cars... gimme gimme gimme...

I just read on ign that the game is going to feature Jay Leno's one-of-a-kind Blastolene Special. In case you dont know what it is:

Weight: 9600 pounds
    Engine: 1,792 cu.in. V-12 taken from a Patton tank, 810 hp, 1,560 lb-ft of torque

I cant wait to take that beast around the 'Ring
    Last edited by SIMPLETON; 10-31-2004 at 10:43 AM.
    eat cicada

Ya but look at our great sea..
    screw it, we let you win!
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

...Right
    Back to GT4
    I just saw the Commercial for the GT4 PS2 bundle here in Japan. it comes with a new updated thin PS2 and GT4. All this can be yours for just 22,300 yen. It bows on December 4 here in Japan. Damn right im gonna pick that game up, any idea if the Japanese version will feature any different cars then the American version? like the NOMAD Diablo and the Acura RSX of GT3?
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Thread Information