Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Production Racing in Australia

Mate, good afternoon from a rainy Brizvegas (some rain, finally ), would that car be the orange R100?...must be a handy little device.
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

Nah its a Mazda RX3 with a BP18T mazda piston turbo engine, it started life as a 13b bridgey, wasnt really suited to Mallala. My nephew spoke to him and he dnfed in race 2 today with a phucked box.

http://www.iprasa.mx.com.au/cars/wallis.htm

The r100 is James we always garage next to him, top bloke once you get to know him. That little Mazda shouldnt be as quick as it is, a skateboard has a wider track than that little Mazda. Its one of the angriest rotors Ive ever heard. It gets out of corner fantastically. he should be a good chance at the Nats at Baskerville

http://www.iprasa.mx.com.au/cars/sutton.htm

Last edited by charged; 09-10-2006 at 03:35 AM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    I always put a shout out normally for the SA forum people, but alas so far none have taken up the offer. Sadly many people if its not V8 Supertaxis its not motorsport( which I kinda like also). Personally I love state level stuff, heaps of variety in the classes, some very unique cars and you can walk the pits and have a chat all for 10 bucks. Will be going to the Fujitsu round @ Mallala, we wont be racing though, to bloody dear. Then its the IPRA NAts @ Baskerville Tas on the 13-14 Oct, wont be racing also but there about 5 guys racing and 20 sa guys going over for the weekend ( will be a very big Saturday night ). Then its the last state round on Oct 20 twilight meet.
    I must try to get out there and see you guys race one day. I guess the trouble is that Mallala is so far out from the city, and its hard to find a weekend with nothing on!
    Prototype-X.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution
    I must try to get out there and see you guys race one day. I guess the trouble is that Mallala is so far out from the city, and its hard to find a weekend with nothing on!
    Come out for the oct 20 round, the twilight meets are excellent, especially the night racing- big flames, glowing discs and the relevance of speed is better at night. As my mate said about the night racing" the cars look like jets, how the f8ck do they drive that fast"

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution
    Mate do yourself a favour , as Molly Meldrum would say. Get out to club motorsport whenever you can. It doesn't cost as much to get in, you can always find a good spot to take photos, the competitors and their crews are only too pleased to talk to you and let you look at their prides and joys. Club motorsport is just a great day, no wankers (well hardly any ) and a bunch of guys and girls who race because they genuinely love it. And when the race is over hang over the fence and show your appreciation, believe me, as a former competitor it makes you feel great when you see someone applauding....make the time.
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

The scream of Vtec

The October 20 round, is that all weekend, or just the Friday night? Because I have a birthday party to go to on the Friday, but I'll do my best to get out there on the weekend sometime
    Prototype-X.

Sorry Rev, its the 28th of Oct probably a Saturday, the racing starts after lunch and goes until 9-10 pm, 10 bucks entry for 10 hrs of good close motorsport. Come out in the afternoon, cause the open wheel cars have all their races early and the closed cars race afternoon til 10pm.

As Blackhonda says, you cant beat state level stuff, good people, good racing, no grid girls or pit chicks sadly

i wish there were such races in the u.s. i mean everybody where i live races in nascar like categories only.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    i wish there were such races in the u.s. i mean everybody where i live races in nascar like categories only.
    You are not looking hard enough... buy a magazine called grassroots motorsports and you will see what I'm talking about.

Maybe, just maybe in your area there is no such racing, but there sure is something like that in the US. Don't know the name exactly but it's run by the SCCA.

A guy in this web site races a bmw e30 in it:

axisofoversteer.blogspot.com
    Zag when they Zig

Pics from 17 Sept Fujitsu round @ Mallala

heres a couple of piccies from the weekend. pic 3 is a mates new 1200 Datto, he debuted it with a win in the last race. Another f@ckin car we have to catch now
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shout out to the South Australian UCP members

4th State round of the championship coming up on Oct 28th, its a twilight meet so the cars run till about 10pm. Usually big fields in every class as its the last meet of the year. You cant beat night racing, the cars look like jets, big flames, glowing brakes

$10 entry for the day and that includes the pits and stands, might even be able to scrounge a few free tickets for some people.

hi blackhonda
    the meeting at morgan park on the 30 sept/1 oct has been canceled due lack of entrys,however the next state round is on 4/5 november at qld raceway (aka willowbank)the blackhonda will be there as will the blackhonda little brother and possably 'the blackhonda'also on the program formula ford,vee,sportcars,group n historic touring cars,hq,gemini,saloon cars if anyone from this forum is interested drop by and say hello.
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

Welcome to UCP "lil bro"....this is a good place to be. Like the avatar by the way, March 77B, in the words of Darth Vader; "Impressive, most impressive"

The scream of Vtec

obi wan has taught me well
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

Hey Charged, Im going to try and get out to Mallala on the 28th. Are there many V8's racing or is it all mazdabators and datto's?
    Oh, and does anyone have a cams manual they wouldnt mind parting with for a small sum, ie a slab of beer? Im trying to put something together for next year.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Thread Information