View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 04:45 AM
Fanatic

└A & Connecticlump
Send a message via AIM to f6fhellcat13 Send a message via MSN to f6fhellcat13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
Are there any channels you guys watch on Youtube for car content? I subscribe to a whole bunch of channels- Evo, Petrolicious, Everyday Car Reviews, Drive, 19Bozzy92 and Car Throttle.

Of course, I don't watch everything, but I pick and choose.

Some members seem to be actively making videos too- I think Toldi does rally videos.

Speaking of which, I don't watch Drive anymore because they did that paid subscription thing. I watch Youtube because I don't want to pay.
Of those mentioned, I watch Evo, with the Evo Diaries being the only videos I regularly watch. Harry Metcalfe and Steve Sutcliffe seem to provide the best videos from them; all the ones with preposterously-English names seem to produce much more inconsistent content.

Petrolicious can be a bit overblown, but the cinematography is good as is their selection of cars. It's sort of like a soft-focus Jay Leno's Garage without all of his interesting commentary.

Regular Car Reviews is good and funny, with some genuine insight and good writing between the grunting, scatological humor, and Pennsylvania in-jokes.

Drive's move to paid service has annoyed me too. Call me entitled, but the content they provide is not worth my money. Like their blog counterpart, Jalopnik, they provide middling clickbait with little insight or helpful information. I had high hopes for them, because Spinelli seemed to be better than the rest of the Gawker set. I like Chris Harris, but his endless Teutophilia can be pretty wearisome.

The above-mentioned Jay Leno's Garage is among my favorites; Leno''s impeccable taste in cars and attitude towards the hobby make it an incredibly pleasant 'show' to watch.

Mighty Car Mods is another good'un. Comparisons to Top Gear are a bit facile, but it follows the same multiple presenters with chemistry and charisma doing things in and around cars. It also caters to the (small, but growing) market for videos about Japanese or modified cars not made for or by idiots.

Roadkill, like MCM, is just a could of friends messing around having adventures in cars. Though their attitudes can be a little old-school for my tastes, it never fails to provide a bit of mindless fun.