Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 - Bleu Centenaire

Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 - Bleu Centenaire

Building on the marque’s core values of « Art – Forme – Technique » , Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. has
    created the Bugatti Veyron Bleu Centenaire, a unique model to celebrate the hundred year old history of the
    company. This special model takes up the traditional Bugatti two-tone-specification, but portrays it in one
    rather than two colours: in the most known light shaded Bugatti blue. The Centenaire’s unique combination
    of a « sprintblue matt » and « sprintblue gloss » hence offers a new impression of the two-tone-scheme
    known so far with parts of the engine also covered in this traditional Bugatti Blue.
    The roof-trim-stripes and the exterior rearview mirrors are of polished, anodised aluminium. A special wheel
    design has been added – enhanced by a bright red brake-capillar. The grills at the front and at the side air
    intakes are in « mirror shine ».
    2 Bugatti
    The interior of the Centenaire is fitted in a special «snowbeige» leather with quilting on the seats. The
    central console is covered in the same leather. New LED lights, Park Distance Control and a rearview camera
    have become part of the standard equipment for all Bugatti Veyrons from this year onwards. The Bleu
    Centenaire shares all performance characteristics of other Veyron models performance-, acceleration- and
    deceleration characteristics which have been highly praised ever since the Bugatti Veyron first appeared on
    the scene. The car will cost 1,35 Million Euro exclusive taxes and transportation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nopassn; 03-03-2009 at 07:04 AM.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

...Utah! Get me two...

I would just like to say, "yawn" - do we really need another new name for an existing car that is nothing more than trim, paint and wheels?
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn View Post
    I would just like to say, "yawn" - do we really need another new name for an existing car that is nothing more than trim, paint and wheels?
    The answer is no.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    A picture from the VW Group press-conference yesterday
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

How many new models could Bugatti have created instead of wasting their time and money on a million special editions of the SAME car? Why don't they race it and prove that it's so special?

Don't get me wrong, I like this car, or at least I liked it when it was first introduced, but isn't 1 million+ dollars, 1000+ horsepower and exotic looks exclusivity enough? All these special editions are having an adverse effect in my opinion. Instead of making each car more exclusive, they're just de-valuing the Veyron as a whole. You shouldn't need a ton of special editions to prove that a car is special...that should be evident in the design and performance. The only one that makes any sense as far as I'm concerned is the Grand Sport roadster

That said, this car, in a bubble where no other Veyrons exist, is pretty sick and I would drive it proudly.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Also...if this indeed represents the top tier of exclusivity, automotive design and engineering prowess, why doesn't each edition offer more to their discriminating customers than pretty paint and wheels. How about custom engineering the performance dynamics to the tastes and driving styles of the customers. Anybody can (and does) customize looks.

Just a wee bit disappointed that they didn't take this concept where they could've...ah well...the world is not perfect.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Imagine if a regular Veyron customer specified Bugatti blue 4 years ago, thinking to himself :

"The rest of the Arab world will go for wacky gold and chrome combinations. I´m gonna be the only Bugatti blue Veyron owner evAr!"

I can imagine his dissapointment.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

its so sad that the veyron really doesnt look good in the one color all bugattis should wear.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    its so sad that the veyron really doesnt look good in the one color all bugattis should wear.
    this.

and were are the gigabazillions of hp?!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    Now that... Is beautiful. I'm pretty glad Bugatti are french, just so they can have this colourscheme. I'm a little dissapointed by the lack of the rumoured power increase, but still, 100kgs weight loss isn't bad. Just wow, though. I think I may need one. Along with a Pur Sang, Farbourg Par Hermes, Sang Noir, Mansory Vincenzo, Grand Sport and the "may or may not exist" Pegaso edition, of course.
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by W.R. View Post
    Now that... Is beautiful. I'm pretty glad Bugatti are french, just so they can have this colourscheme. I'm a little dissapointed by the lack of the rumoured power increase, but still, 100kgs weight loss isn't bad. Just wow, though. I think I may need one. Along with a Pur Sang, Farbourg Par Hermes, Sang Noir, Mansory Vincenzo, Grand Sport and the "may or may not exist" Pegaso edition, of course.
    it's Vincerò
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    The devil´s in the details: The hideous silver front grilles, the fact most of the car is matte, the wheels. And of course the fact it was designed to be a two colored car.

Even so, I´ve seen an all shiny Bugatti blue one (in pictures) and didn´t look half as bad as this.

EDIT: The Pegaso edition is real. Isnt it?! I think there´s even a page for it here in UCP
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

It reminds me more of the EB110 now, which isn't bad a I suppose. However, this is the same car as every other one which kind of blows and makes you wonder why?

Maybe if they tried a type of two tone blue paint it could look better.

I'd just have a 'normal' one, black and blue, end.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information