Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Just 6 drivers at USA Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    So sport has nothing to do with providing entertainment. To anyone, not even those participating.

Interesting theory.

So people don't take up go-karting at age 12 for fun when they begin their career as a race driver.

Michael Schumacher gets no enjoyment out of it, just does it to prove a point, and get some money.
    read my post #221

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock827
    read my post #221
    The notion that sport and fans are not interlinked is rather odd.

Would Ruud Van Nistelrooy be able to demand £19 million from Manchester United FC if there weren't tens of thousands of paying fans at every match?

Fans, or the lack therof is also why Rude Van Driver gets transferred to Manchester United-Aggregates FC for £19 in the Damp Sunday Afternoon Inter-Masonry League.

Stangely everyone taking part in "sports" such as the TVR Tuscan Challenge, which doesn't quite match up to F1 standards in popularity, seems to have much more fun.

Probably because the FIA isn't involved trying to control such elements as when and how much the drivers breathe-in by.
    Thanks for all the fish

=Stangely everyone taking part in "sports" such as the TVR Tuscan Challenge, which doesn't quite match up to F1 standards in popularity, seems to have much more fun.
    Anything historic is much more fun anyway, see you at Silverstone at the end of July
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    The FIA say that the "chicane wasn't an option", but I believe that if all ten teams had clubbed together and shown a bit of solidarity and knocked on the FIA's door and said, "Look, here's what we want to do, we won't race unless these provisos are in place...." and outlined that they wanted a chicane, rearranged grid, and Michelin runners to be exempt from points, then the FIA would've HAD to compromise. As it was, with only 9 teams being firmly behind the proposal the FIA couldn't agree because it would've been unfair on Ferrari.
    I still dont understand why should every team show solidarity for a rival company's imcompetence. like anyone would have shown "solidarity" for toyota if theyr engines were found to be too fragile fo the circuit.

The FIA was right, the rules apply to evryone, so michelin's imcompetence is no reason to change it.

Oh! and... WAY TO GO TIAGO MONTEIRO!! first podium for a portugese driver EVER!!
    did u see that? he was the only one celebrating! what a guy!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

The notion that sport and fans are not interlinked is rather odd.
    so when i play basketball with my friends, or squash by myself, those or not considered sport because i have no fans?

my dad plays in an amateur bowling league with virtually no audience, so that's not considered a sport?
    Go-Karts is not a sport because they have almost no tv broadcast?

i'd be one of the first person who's against athletes getting paid millions of dollars to play sport. what justify beckham getting paid multi-million when some ping pong players, or marathon runners are struggling to make a living? is soccer more a sport than ping pong? does it require more training than marathon? there's a different between an entertainer and an athlete.

do you wanna protect the sport, or the entertainment?

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock827
    so when i play basketball with my friends, or squash by myself, those or not considered sport because i have no fans?

my dad plays in an amateur bowling league with virtually no audience, so that's not considered a sport?
    Go-Karts is not a sport because they have almost no tv broadcast?

i'd be one of the first person who's against athletes getting paid millions of dollars to play sport. what justify beckham getting paid multi-million when some ping pong players, or marathon runners are struggling to make a living? is soccer more a sport than ping pong? does it require more training than marathon? there's a different between an entertainer and an athlete.

do you wanna protect the sport, or the entertainment?
    I am against it too, but if it wasn't for those specific players, the sponsors and people behind them wouldn't make any money. It's just a massive inter-linked chain. Stars bring fans, fans bring money, money brings sponsors, etc.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    I still dont understand why should every team show solidarity for a rival company's imcompetence. like anyone would have shown "solidarity" for toyota if theyr engines were found to be too fragile fo the circuit.
    I'm not suggesting that they should've shown solidarity for the sake of sparing Michelin's blushes, they should've shown solidarity for the sake of the fans and the sport as a whole. As soon as it became apparent that the Michelin tyres weren't safe to run on the track as it was, all hope of a genuine sporting contest went out of the window. In terms of the points, the Michelin runners had agreed not to score points and so were essentially handing the points to Ferrari, Jordan and Minardi on a silver platter. Basically what we would've ended up with was an exhibition race. But at least it would've been a 20-car competitive exhibition race, not a 6-car joke of a race.

If all the parties involved had agreed to put a chicane in and put on a race then they would've been lauded for seeing sense, doing the noble thing and showing the greatest respect possible for the fans by putting on a race for them in adverse circumstances. Now that they HAVEN'T done that, they've ended up being the villlains of the peace and have inadvertantly kickstarted a political process which will rumble on for many months, if not years, and possible tear the entire sport apart.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

The worst part about all of this is that I flew in from Florida to see my first F1 race LIVE ever! I'm just so disappointed with the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    The worst part about all of this is that I flew in from Florida to see my first F1 race LIVE ever! I'm just so disappointed with the experience.
    Ouch.. that sucks.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I am sorry,thats how the sport is. any measure taken to lessen the effect of the michelin Failure would have been an unfair bias towards evryone running on michelins.

Now the best solution would be as Jack Bauer poited out, people on michelins forfeit points, we still have a race but i think the fans at Indy would have been upset to see that anyways.

Deep down the ones who get hurt the most are the fans, just look at the guy 2 posts above... that really suck man. it because of people like you that the FIA should give theyr money back to the ticket holders.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Thread Information