Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5: Prologue high def screenshots

Gran Turismo 5: still a year away - PS3 Fanboy

Epic fail status... GT5: 2010.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

If it has a good line up of racing cars and damage and awesome physics, I'm okay with it
    I'll be playing FF XIII and MGS: 4 anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Gran Turismo 5: still a year away - PS3 Fanboy

Epic fail status... GT5: 2010.
    Because 2009 doesn't exist.

You do realize no one will really be bothered by this since Prologue has the ability to be upgraded as time goes on.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Visser View Post
    click around and find out

Index of /royvisser/Simulator

the phases are all numbered
    So all this AND a new Seat Leon Cupra R?

Roy = Win....

Back on topic...

Whatever happened to designing a game and then releasing it when it is finished...?

Or is that not how things are done now?
    Last edited by Suka; 03-27-2008 at 06:10 PM.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Because 2009 doesn't exist.

You do realize no one will really be bothered by this since Prologue has the ability to be upgraded as time goes on.
    Online content FTW.

Yeah except you'll be playing a bloody prologue for over a year, how lame is that?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Yeah except you'll be playing a bloody prologue for over a year, how lame is that?
    What if GT5: Prologue is an awesome-ness overload?

What if you're paying to Beta test for Polyphony and it's a buggy POS?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    What if GT5: Prologue is an awesome-ness overload?
    Then why buy the game?

Can someone please verify whether this game includes vehicle damage and whether it's as much of a realistic simulator as FM2?

I still can't get-over the huge disappointment that was GT:3. The original Forza Motorsport simply wiped the floor with it.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Can someone please verify whether this game includes vehicle damage and whether it's as much of a realistic simulator as FM2?

I still can't get-over the huge disappointment that was GT:3. The original Forza Motorsport simply wiped the floor with it.
    I have no idea. I thought it might, but the videos of it prove otherwise

edit: No damage
    YouTube - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Kazunori talks about Damage & more
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 04-01-2008 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I have no idea. I thought it might, but the videos of it prove otherwise

edit: No damage
    YouTube - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Kazunori talks about Damage & more
    The Gran Turismo series is just so damn frustrating.

From the very first game through to the current offerings the problem is that GT has some very obvious strengths (decent physics model, class leading graphics, huge choice of cars and tracks etc) and some very obvious flaws (no damage, poor AI on the other cars, only 6 cars per race, no locking brakes etc).

It just seems that with every new version the developers throw all their efforts towards improving on and refining the games strengths (MORE cars, MORE tracks, even BETTER graphics), yet do little or nothing to remedy the huge flaws in the game. I gather that you can now more than 6 cars per race (at frigging last!), but still no damage etc.

They really have to look at what the gamers want. I'm sure at least 90% of GT fans would happily trade a little bit of graphical detail and lose a few hundred versions of the Skyline in order to get some proper damage.

It just seems like lazy game developing to me; sticking to what they know they're good at but not being adventurous enough to tackle the game's glaring weaknesses.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

It's all in the report I read on it months ago. No damage model beyond maybe a ding in the skin.

The maker of it is obsessed with realistic visual effects, he can't see much beyond that....but at the same time it is still a console game designed mostly for 12 year olds.

The only real improvement which gets it somewhat closer to being able to carry the name 'simulation'(but still long from it) is the in car driving view.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    They really have to look at what the gamers want. I'm sure at least 90% of GT fans would happily trade a little bit of graphical detail and lose a few hundred versions of the Skyline in order to get some proper damage.
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    ....but at the same time it is still a console game designed mostly for 12 year olds.
    I disagree. What do you mean by that? It's one of the most 'serious' game out there.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    It's all in the report I read on it months ago. No damage model beyond maybe a ding in the skin.

The maker of it is obsessed with realistic visual effects, he can't see much beyond that....but at the same time it is still a console game designed mostly for 12 year olds.

The only real improvement which gets it somewhat closer to being able to carry the name 'simulation'(but still long from it) is the in car driving view.
    there were 700+ cars in GT4. Designing one car in GT5 takes 1 team 2 months. To apply a damage model to that car would probably add another month onto that time. Which means we probably wouldnt see GT5 until 2010. 5 years after the PS3's release date..

Gran Turismo has never been aimed at 12 year olds. 12 year olds play Need For Speed. Gran Turismo has always been and always tried to be the definitive driving simulator. So not exactly for a 12 year old..

The 'maker' isnt obsessed with realistic visual effects, he's just always made the most of what the latest playstation could offer. Thats why GT5:Prologue has probably the best graphics on the system. But the physics in GT5 are incredibly more advanced than GT4. I didnt really like GT4 to be honest, every car felt like a faster or slower version of the other, but in GT5 Prologue every car feels so different and behaves the way it really would.

The in-car view that you mentioned is pretty great. Its done in the same style as Test Drive Unlimited; you use the right analogue stick to look around while you're inside it. To be honest.. other than a full damage model (which we will probably see by GT6) there isnt much more that Gran Turismo could do when it comes to racing simulation.

Either you're an xbox fanboy at heart or you just havent played it yet. Drive the car in real life, then drive the car in the game, thats what i say. the sound, the exterior, the interior, the behavior of the car is exactly the same. My dad drove the golf that he owns in GT5:P and was amazed.

Thread Information