Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2011 12 Hours of Sebring.

I actually like the broadcast as well. I am just worry that its bad in promoting ALMS in US more since watching it on internet is still not like watching it on TV....anyone caught the highlight show? Was that any good?

I really wish we can watch ILMC though...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

A few of my friends experienced stuttering during the ESPN3 feed so wasn't very enjoyable for them.

The highlight show was very hurried and narrated as to be expected cramming 12 hours into one.

I have been listening to Radio Lemans (ESPN) for the second half of the race, and while the signal was OK it was quite irritating to hear the same signal about five minutes later at a lower volume. So there were always two different reports at the same time. The TV/internet signal was quite good, apart from this irritating Michelin commercial.
    Life timing had some hick-ups and needed very regular refreshment, but overall I had a very good opprotunity to follow the race.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Streaming was excellent, live timing less so, it only worked for the last 2 hours. looking forward for more covered races.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

And as much as you guys hate Eurosport's coverage, we'll probably won't get anything in the US for most of the rest of the ILMC unless Speed gets rights to the highlights shows (Speed still has rights to the LM 24, though).
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Yeah its sucks now that ALMS is doing world wide streams while nothing will be available for European races aside from the 24 hours...

Doesn't help that really ALMS season will be severely lacking with only Muscle Milk Aston vs Dyson in LMP1....HighCroft car does not have the deal to race for rest of the year and I don't think even Le Mans is 100% certain...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I just saw yellow flags everytime I turned on, and they were damn long...
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Homem de Gelo View Post
    I just saw yellow flags everytime I turned on, and they were damn long...
    I have watched for about 6 hours and there were two cautions.
    One was indeed quite long, but that involved a car on fire. The final four hours did not see any caution period IIRC. This was indeed not an Indy or NASCAR race.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

You must've missed the first couple of hours Pieter, as there were a couple of cautions and plenty of contact--an Audi and Pug door handled each other while battling for the lead, and a Corvette and Porsche did syncronized drifting until a 458 drilled that Corvette trying to avoid the accident. Basically the same as the deal between Dindo and Marc--car on the inside hit the bumps under heavy braking and lost it.

Not as bad as I feared, as it seemed to be rare to get more than a 10 minute stretch in practice without a full course yellow or a red flag, which were often caused by gentleman drivers in the LMPC, GTC and GT2/GTE-Am cars.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernaudi View Post
    You must've missed the first couple of hours Pieter, as there were a couple of cautions and plenty of contact--
    the six hours I watched were the final six hours. I think I saw an Oreca FLM on fire and something which I even can't remember. I don't think the Oak fuel problems caused an FC Yellow as did the excursions of the green 911 that was one time so nice removed from the track by a certain TK,who had nothing to win.

The pits were opened per class only... and they swept the marbles off the track during most cautions which extended the yellows.

Of the last two yellows, one yellow was indeed for an Oreca FLM on fire, the other was for an Oreca FLM which spun after a slow corner or something and it lasted even more, I think right because they were taking car of the track surface as Dino said.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Anyone has any press shots from the weekend? Or hi-res stuff in general? The new SPEED site now doesn't have wallpaper size pics anymore...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Racing-underground.com has some 845 hi-res photos in a single set via torrent... Haven't downloaded them yet.

I don't think I have an account for RU...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information