Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 WEC / 24 Hours of Le Mans

2012 WEC / 24 Hours of Le Mans

The entry lists are being announced today. Big news is a full WEC entry for Toyota from Spa. Audi will field four cars at Le Mans, including two diesel-hybrids.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

F-ing Toyota....just skipping Sebring then....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Hurraaaay! S102 is back! Even though a revised car in Pescarolo trim doesn't look as beautiful as it was in 2008. Still not bad at all. And the lineup... just looking forward to hear more from them!

Here are the entry lists:
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Not pulling for the Dome car at all bc they got Bourdais but i think it'll be a good race between the Audis and the Toyotas. I'm really interested to see how the P1 HPD does and how much faster down the Mulsanne the Delta Wing is gonna be. I read that the front tires on that thing are only 4" wide, this makes me wonder how high of a speed they can handle before they blow out

What is your beef with Bourdais?

I am not holding my breath for Delta Wing to make the grid....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I wish Delta Wing will race - not too often you see something like this...

Well I remember the commentators discussing it at length during last years Le Mans and I remember them saying that it probably will. They even said that it might be able to match the LMPs in pace and speed
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

It is planned to - they have already posted photos of special tyres developed for them by Michelin, they've signed Marino Franchitti and they have an entry...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What is your beef with Bourdais?
    Never liked him since his days of dominating CART. He always struck me as a pompous crybaby, he's worse than Scott Pruett. I'll never forget the one race he won, i think it was at Surfer's Paradise, and he started doin donuts in turn one right after he crossed the finish line and he made the rest of the field go around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen_Ferio View Post
    Well I remember the commentators discussing it at length during last years Le Mans and I remember them saying that it probably will. They even said that it might be able to match the LMPs in pace and speed
    Educated(maybe) wishful thinking by the team is one thing, actually doing it is quite another. New engine, new chassis, new drivetrain technology, new tires....the chances of them getting all those thing right the first time is slim, especially without the money of an OEM backing. You had a case of AMR's new LMP car last year that they thought was great, but had a new, unreliable and underpower engine, horribly lacking in downforce. They basically gave up on the car after 2 race(Curiously, the tub apparently will go to Delta Wing, with 2 more going to Pescarolo to form the basis for a new Pescarolo, which as you recall, has its root back in Courage C60 from 2000...). Then you have the case of Peugeot who has a car that can win, is still the benchmark for which all current LMP is judged, but they just quit racing because of money. Will it be cool to see it work? Sure...will it happen as they hoped? Unlikely...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

http://deltawingracing.com/2011/06/d...ical-features/

Did an engine search and found out it's only got 300hp!? It may be slippery and weigh a little under half the Audi but how quick can that little (by LMP standards) engine get it to top speed on the Mulsanne? I really hope this pans out because i really wanna see how competitive this thing will or will not be

Oh come on, I doubt anyone is expecting them to battle Audis, they're just a team of enthusiasts who decided to check out their mad idea. I personally wish them luck. Doubt LMPs will look like DeltaWing (it's THE ugliness after all), but as a single attempt it would be great to see them.

Thread Information