Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bugatti Sends Veyron 16.4 Into Production

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    Nope, it will join the Mclaren F1 and Koenigsegg CCR
    NAAHHH i don't think so...
    Man this car weights almost 2 tons and got a W16!
    How can this car join the CCR with 1180kg and a V8?
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    So what you are saying is that the Veyron is literally twice the car the CCR is !!

J.

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    That was the prototype dat weigh 2 tons.
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Yes the prototype weighs 2 tonnes, and doesn't work.

If you knew how protoypes work, you'd know that it is basically the car they intend to put into production, less a few minor modifications.

Bugatti need to start again from scratch if they want the car to work.

34mph slower than promised, hugely over weight, hugely over budget, nearly 6 years late, and only 25 people want one.

They are screwed.
    Thanks for all the fish

ahem chrysler ME 4-12??

how desperate are you to win a horse power race? enough to be undrivable?
    its so stupid 1001?? top gear most likely NOT
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Buggati are putting a jet engine on to a toad.

lol, yes they are more likly to roast the toad to a crisp
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

^ But if u go on the main page of rsportscars.com u can actually see when that article was released... which was on the 22nd of october 2004
    This is a quote from the article showing that is old

Design and technological concept have finally become reality in the Veyron model’s final form and will be available from the beginning of 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Yes the prototype weighs 2 tonnes, and doesn't work.

If you knew how protoypes work, you'd know that it is basically the car they intend to put into production, less a few minor modifications.

Bugatti need to start again from scratch if they want the car to work.

34mph slower than promised, hugely over weight, hugely over budget, nearly 6 years late, and only 25 people want one.

They are screwed.
    Your words are sooo true!

But I still have some hope that the car finally "works". It may be the dreams of an enthusiast, but who knows...
    BTW, it will be interesting to see the cornering abilities of this heavyweight car.
    An Enzo or Carrera GT will drive in circles around the Veyron. Going fast on test tracks like Nardo is not everything, even though most cars will never be driven by the owners.
    What a pity

Perhaps they should hire us forum members for the rides
    Michael and Ferrari - Sempre il numero 1!
    You can never go plenty fast enough...

I guess VolksWagen tryed or is triyng to play with the big boys and just can't get going, Illusionest mencioned if the car would join the GT, SLR, Enzo club... how about the McLaren F1 or Dauer 962 club? its 2005 and their aiming just to make "another" supercar, i wish someone would get moving and do another legend!

Nope, it will join the Mclaren F1 and Koenigsegg CCR
    Top speed-wise it will join those, but with accelaration it'll outdo the McLaren F1, putting it on par with the CCR I believe. It carries less pounds per horse than the F1 too. Now we could have a tried if only Chyrsler....I mean...
    I can't wait for some reviews to pop up...It'll be quite a comparison for both the CCR and 16.4 Veyron to be in an article...[/badgrammar]

wow. this car has had a really shakey developement. i doubt it will hit the markets for a long time. and Wylee, where have you been for the last few months? did u really think the veyron was hitting markets anytime soon? also, why is this in the multimedia section?

did anyone happen to notice, not that this is bad i just found it interesting, that basically all the new or low-posting members have come out from hiding to post in here? you guys make your own conclusion about that one.

another thing i saw was that everyone was full of nothing but praise for the vayron until coventry pointed out that you guys were sorely mistaken. then, after that, not a single person was acutally showing praise expressing their feelings of love previously shown in the thread?

now for the real stuff:

i think bugatti made a big mistake trying to make this car. do they not like money? if your a company like bugatti that doesnt have any new cars and has one critically aclaimed model in the latter part of the last century, you dont go out and try to build the best car there ever was. the way to pull your company up is to make a good car that apeals to everyone. now, this does not mean you have to give up your heritage of building spectacular cars.
    i would compare this tactic to what lamborghini has done lately. before their new ownership, lamborghini made incredible cars but with a large amount of space in between models and was an extremely exclusive brand. it was not a car-selling-superpower, although its cars were close to, if not the best. now, weve seen several new models in the last few years. with the introduction of the gallardo, lamborghini is appealing to a wider range of consumers who cannot afford cars in the high 200 thousands. although becomeing more comercialized and making a car that is not as incredible as others, lamborghini has not given up its legend for building fantastic cars and being exclusive.
    bugatti should make a similar comeback and build a good sportscar that will sell, not such an incredible car that it will bankrupt you trying to build and not selling but being really good.

ok ive been rampling and my thoughts are probably really disconnected but you get what i mean.

ok then.....

bye
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Thread Information