Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shcumi to bmw in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmacher
    Actually that's a general misconception. Though I'm sure they named the team after one 2 many Martini and Rossis. In Italian Scuderia actually means stable. Weird, I prefer Team!
    Well, yes and no. Directly translated yes it does mean 'stable'. However, in motor racing terms it means team.

No kipling I wouldn't wanna be a rear gunner.but ina way he still is to Button.I still think Rubens is #1 @ honda

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard
    Well, yes and no. Directly translated yes it does mean 'stable'. However, in motor racing terms it means team.

Since we were all trying to be very specific!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    im sure he is Ferrari Prinze in desguise, although im not sure quite why!
    You can be sure if you want. It is him.

Actually that's a general misconception. Though I'm sure they named the team after one 2 many Martini and Rossis. In Italian Scuderia actually means stable. Weird, I prefer Team!
    Isnt team "Squadra" or something like that? Toro Rosso were originally Squadra Toro Rosso, now theyre Scuderia Toro Rosso.
    I am the Stig

Yeah that's because Squadra does mean team, but it doesn't make sense in context with a racing team in Italian.

Also, as far as I am aware, Bazza is officially the No1 at Honda - he has the orange stripe on the airbox camera.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Well that really only means the lead car. I think its up to the team whether they want their #1 driver in the lead car or not.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Yeah that's because Squadra does mean team, but it doesn't make sense in context with a racing team in Italian.

Also, as far as I am aware, Bazza is officially the No1 at Honda - he has the orange stripe on the airbox camera.
    Jenson would have had the lead car but he refused to change his number from last year.. apparently because it was his lucky number. Because of that, Barrichello drives the 'lead'.

Jenson's number last year wouldve been 3 though as Honda were 2nd in the WCC in 2004. Since they were 6th in 2005 he's now got the choice of either 11 or 12.
    I am the Stig

Just back to the Scuderia thing back there, Scuderia = Stable... wouldnt that be where prancing horses come from possibly??? I might be losing my mind here, but, doesnt Ferrari have a prancing horse as its emblem??? Hmmm, me thinks theres a connection there...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Just back to the Scuderia thing back there, Scuderia = Stable... wouldnt that be where prancing horses come from possibly??? I might be losing my mind here, but, doesnt Ferrari have a prancing horse as its emblem??? Hmmm, me thinks theres a connection there...
    The prancing horse originates from a heroic Italian fighter pilot who died in battle. To commemorate his efforts, his family gave Enzo Ferrari the rights to the emblem he used on his airplane, a prancing horse in a yellow shield.. or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    The prancing horse originates from a heroic Italian fighter pilot who died in battle. To commemorate his efforts, his family gave Enzo Ferrari the rights to the emblem he used on his airplane, a prancing horse in a yellow shield.. or something along those lines.
    Yes the emblem comes from Francesco Baracca's WWI fighter. However as far as I know, I think it was Baracca himself who wanted Enzo to use the prancing horse. But maybe you're right.

Probably, the only connection I see is that he had the logo (the prancing horse) and hence called his team Scuderia or Stable.

Yes the emblem comes from Francesco Baracca's WWI fighter. However as far as I know, I think it was Baracca himself who wanted Enzo to use the prancing horse. But maybe you're right.

Probably, the only connection I see is that he had the logo (the prancing horse) and hence called his team Scuderia or Stable.
    From what I remember (this is all from vague memory), the family wanted to honor their son after death by having Enzo use their son's 'shield' in the early days of Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Jenson would have had the lead car but he refused to change his number from last year.. apparently because it was his lucky number. Because of that, Barrichello drives the 'lead'.
    Ah ha - that makes sense.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Thread Information