Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Australia

Grant Denyer would annoy me. he's too....cheery for a show like this.

And plus, he's laid up at the moment.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

To be fair to the Aus version of the show, they got given the 'formula' for the show from the UK series and they have to stick to it to the letter, as TG is a brand.

I was at the taping of the last show on Wednesday, not sure if they'll be a second series as the ratings have been halved every episode.

Steve Pizzati is far less annoying in person and Charlie Cox totally lacks any charisma in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Charlie Cox totally lacks any charisma in person.
    or on the screen for that matter.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    To be fair to the Aus version of the show, they got given the 'formula' for the show from the UK series and they have to stick to it to the letter, as TG is a brand.

I was at the taping of the last show on Wednesday, not sure if they'll be a second series as the ratings have been halved every episode.

Steve Pizzati is far less annoying in person and Charlie Cox totally lacks any charisma in person.
    So they are not aloud to deviate?is it written in stone? how sad becasue if thats the case they might be able to do it very natrually only THEY ARE NOT ALOUD TOO, incredibly short sighted move if thats the case we shall take 3 individuals and make them try to be hamster,jeremy and may even though its very likly they cant.....and even worse they are getting stick and poor ratings for doing what they are told

"If" there will be a 2nd series it sounds like one of thems getting the boot ( cough charlie cox cough).
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Tonights show didn't suck for the first half....but Seriously? could they copy the formula any more?

A CAR BOAT?

They had me until then. after that it just became try hard.

Like I've said, if I wanted to watch a piss-weak version of the British version, I'd be watching the British version in the first place.

hell, even my girlfiriend picked the UK rippoff car/boat segment. you KNOW its bad when sarah notices shit like that
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

you people still watch this shit?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I want to give it the benefit of the doubt.

And plus, hopefully it'll get so bad it reaches train wreck status. in which case it may very well be compelling viewing.

i gave it the benefit of the doubt, in the first two episodes. inexplicably they kept the same presenters though, so i stopped.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

it's a shocking oversight, I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    So they are not aloud to deviate?is it written in stone? how sad becasue if thats the case they might be able to do it very natrually only THEY ARE NOT ALOUD TOO, incredibly short sighted move if thats the case we shall take 3 individuals and make them try to be hamster,jeremy and may even though its very likly they cant.....and even worse they are getting stick and poor ratings for doing what they are told

"If" there will be a 2nd series it sounds like one of thems getting the boot ( cough charlie cox cough).
    Yeap, they are not allowed to deviate from it, I know someone who was involved at the very start of production for the show and he showed me the brief of what TGUK wanted for the Aus version and it had very clear guidelines.

Haven't seen last nights ep yet as I was busy but taped it and will watch it when I can.

Still not too bad ... some of us remember the REAL lows of Top Gear, the Oz version isn't quite there yet.
    Am still willing to give them time and watch it in spare moments.
    Thought the BMW section was good journalism, information, consideration and driving it with some nice shots.
    Not yet got round to finding the time to watch the boat bit ... am definitely now looking forward to it like watching NASCAR

Finally somebody realised they needed to give us the track map !!!

Too much straight, too nany tight corners/chicanes and not enough sweepers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It's just a symptom of the airport they use, I think.

TGAU doesn't have the luxury of being able to have a disused runway at their disposal.....

With TGUK S12 starting(havent watched the ep yet), will we see TGAU's veiwership tumbling? Even if they are on at different times?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

TGAU has had bottom of its time slot ratting all bar week one and viewer numbers dropping every week.

With the new series of TGUK started last night this puts (the non-downloaders) back to 2 series behind the UK for no good reason.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information