Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cartoon characters are people too.

When you say America though, it's accepted that America is the USA.

Britain is as far as I know, England, Scotland, and Wales. The whole country is known as Great Britain and Northern Island. The United Kingdom would be Great Britain and Northern Island all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    When you say America though, it's accepted that America is the USA.
    When a person says England though, its accepted that England is the UK and the UK is England.

different point of view, different usage. nobody is wrong, nobody is right. the point is that there is no need to throw a fit every time someone makes a mistake regarding proper nomenclature
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    why does everyone throw a hissy-fit any time some makes an error talking about calling britain england or vice versa. its common usage in America to call everything in series of islands commonly known as scotland, england, wales, britain, the UK or whatever. you knew what i meant, quit being a crybaby.

the point is that the law from that particular county doesn't apply to japan so the japanese have nothing to worry about.
    no i got your point, that detail confused the hell out of me that's all, i thought you'd left something out or were bringing in another article (or some other source)
    definitely my mistake then. I read Wales and i figured it was in Britain (is that appropriate? i dont want anyone to cry again) I had no idea there was a Wales in australia (or in the area of australia). my original statement still stands though, the law in New South Wales does not have any affect on Japan.
    or even other states..
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 12-08-2008 at 05:13 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    or even other states..
    I dunno how the legal system works over there but in the US its not uncommon for one state to use precedent from another state, especially if its a state similar to your own.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    As Clutch says, Japan is f**ked.

I guess this means they can marry cartoon characters as well, I mean, they have the same legal rights as people. .....
    haha read some of the comments:
    Can I get the stimulus package for my hand drawn children, I have 300 of them.. ( I used a photocopier) $300,000 would come in handy.
    I dunno how the legal system works over there but in the US its not uncommon for one state to use precedent from another state, especially if its a state similar to your own.
    true, but policy for one state doesn't have to be the same for another as you know..state rivalry doesn't help lol.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

So...when that guy from that a-Ha music video climbs out of the comic book, we can rest safely knowing that he's considered a human in Australia.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

When a person says England though, its accepted that England is the UK and the UK is England.
    Yeah, im sure that English bloke Matra agrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    YOU may thingk you're fine with a frontal lobotomy, having met someone with one, I can assure you they aren't

Well if a cartoon is now an offense, how long till you support that someone THINKING about a person becomes illegal ?
    I meant that there are some people that wouldn't deserve a frontal lobe (and by saying that, I could be regarded as a doing illegal thoughts, so it's just an hyperbolic sentence).

there is tiny line between what you did, what you are thinking to do, and what you would do if you had the possibility to do it without any sort of punishment.

I think the book "Minority Report" by Philip Dick summarized that quite well.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Cartoonists have suffered political and legal censure since the dawn of their craft. Look at stuff like the Danish Cartoon of Mohammed for reasoning on why an image can so offend.

But yeah, if you take this stuff literally, you're the one with a screw loose.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Outlawing this isn't going to change what people like. And we have laws against pedophelia because we don't want people diddling children.

We have people getting killed all the time in videogames and one could argue that murder is worse or as bad as pedophelia, why aren't we outlawing that?

This case is just attempting to legislate morality, which is not the business of the government.
    Exactly. That's why I voted Libertarian (I may have thrown away my vote but at least I didn't vote for someone I despise.) This whole thing is so freaking ridiculous and yet another example of why I lost all faith in mankind long ago.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    As Clutch says, Japan is f**ked.

I guess this means they can marry cartoon characters as well, I mean, they have the same legal rights as people. .....
    Funny you should say that, check out this article: Japanese man wants to marry Anime character

Re:

Some of my favorite cartoon shows are Beavis and Butthead, Ren & Stimpy, The State, Celebrity Deathmatch, Invader Zim, Jonny Quest, Dragon Ball Z, Cyborg 009, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force!

Kindly No Spam Plz K Thx.
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 04-25-2011 at 06:20 AM.

Thread Information