Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abt Audi R8

Abt Audi R8

The Abt R8: Sports car in perfection

There are cars and dream cars. The latter includes Lamborghini’s Gallardo, Ferrari’s F430 or Porsche’s 911 Turbo. These cars make your heart beat faster and show the perfected magic of speed on the roads. Abt Sportsline’s R8 will also be among these outstanding super sports cars and is getting ready to overtake them in the prestige duel.

The design studies already show the first impressions of Abt’s sportiest creation – and prove that the Kempten-based tuner manages to perfect an excellent serial model like the R8 to detail and accentuate its racing genes already in the drawing. The front of the Bavarian R8 shows the marked Abt face. Together with the unique and beautiful rear with its four inclined arranged exhaust end pipes, the rear diffuser and the extravagant rear wing, the front of the Abt R8 is part of an overall concept that brings about phenomenal roadholding. The add-on parts of the super sports cars from the Allgäu-region improve downforce and ensure perfect balance of the front and rear axis. This is especially notable in speed ranges reserved for only a few cars. The sideblades which were developed especially for the Abt R8 and the Abt side skirts give the Abt R8 a new and individual design besides aerodynamical advantages. The aerodynamically efficient Abt body kit, which also includes carbon-fibre parts, is a real eye catcher but also shows the state-of-the-art Bavarian precision work. With the ingenious construction, which also includes a carbon-fibre bonnet, not only a maximum reduction in weight is achieved but it also ensures optimized weight distribution of the Abt R8 – the pure presence of the model athlete already shows this.

Technology and design milestones do not only come from Maranello or Sant’Agata-Bolognese but also from Kempten. The Abt R8 will be a gorgeous dream car with the genes of a top-class race car. This special automobile will belong to one of the fastest among the fastest; the Abt R8 will also challenge the Lamborghinis and Porsches. With regards to the anticipated performance data the Bavarians are traditionally discreet. But this data already amazes sports car fans and makes them want to spur the hot-blooded Bavarian horses. 530 HP (390 kW) are to be drawn from the 4.2 litre-V8 thanks to the Abt supercharger. Compared with the serial model which already shows impressive performance data this means an increase of 110 HP (81 kW). The brand new Abt 20-inch BR wheels stylishly transfer this power onto the asphalt. The all-wheel-drive dream car accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in just 3.9 seconds and reaches a top speed of 317 km/h. These values are synonymous with magic and this extraordinary super sports car desperately wants to be driven. By means of the Abt suspension which is adjustable in height, pressure and rebound, the performance and driving comfort of the super sports car can be adapted perfectly to the requirements of its driver.

A dream car is becoming reality: In autumn the top-class sports cars will have a new challenger as this is when the almost unrivalled fast and uniquely beautiful Abt R8 becomes available.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

that thing is magnificant

Another overdone pointless tunerjob IMO. And come on, colour coded rims...

Is this the ugliest car in the world?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Is this the ugliest car in the world?
    In orange, yes.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    that thing is magnificant
    Was that a joke? Please tell me it was.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Make it all black, it wouldn't be so offensive.

Wild thought maybe, but I think that the rear looks like a Carrera GT... At least when you look at the small picture...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    Wild thought maybe, but I think that the rear looks like a Carrera GT... At least when you look at the small picture...
    I thought so too...

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I agree, make it black, and less carbon fiber texture. Carbon fibre is great, but it doesn't work great for an accent color.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

It doesn't look that great however i think that is down to the pic being produced via photoshop i bet the real thing will look better

thank god, the current r8 body looks hideous
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Hmm... you guys do have a point. If you want to be ostentatious, why not just buy a Gallardo? However, I do like the styling of it. Looks more of a chop right now to me.

Ow it's a chop, but this is how it's going to look. All information and photo's are from the Abt press site so official

Now words came true:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information