Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Micheal Park Crash Pics

Micheal Park Crash Pics

There will be a few more pics in a min...

markko was just sat behind the car weaping whilst he medics were trying to help "beef"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

wow.. it crushed the entire side of the car that he was in.. I feel for markko martin aswell.. he will feel like it was his fault

omg. horrible.

OMG! That's really horrible... I don't think anyone would walk alive out of that car. I was just wondering how Markko Martin feels know. He must feel sow guilty
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

it makes you wonder how solbers and mills survived that crash in germany last year and how matthew wilson and his nav survived there crash on the astra stages
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

this thread is insane...this man is dead , how can you post pics on the same day Poor man

Not wishing to be too morbid but in this accident it's clear that the ONLY thing the car did in coming to a stop was hitting the tree completeley side on. No roll, not bouncing no other impact or movement to disspiate the energy in the speed.

So ALL of the energy was stopped by the tree. Which being a tree doesnt' move very much. So then the car must give - whcih it has - and none of it is slowly reduced. So the occupants then carry all the momentum.

Sadly rallying will always have these 'unlucky' accidents where nothing else reduces the energy to save the occupants the worst injuries. It's the way of the sport.

I'm sure I speak for all in that all our thoughts are with the family and friends.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

People usually have a tendency to think the worst accidents are big rolls, but these accidents are much worse, like Matra said, the tree absorbs all that momentum, more than 1300kgs at more than 100 kph...

Now imagine how would a normal road car be deformed with a crash like that.

This is a sad and horrible day for rallying, if I remember correctly, the last fatal crash in the WRC was in 1986.
    Live for Speed - Online Racing Simulator
    http://www.liveforspeed.net

Not since Corsica 1986 and Australia 1993 has the WRC experienced a fatality
    unfortunately there seems to of been another too

here is the toivonen crash

apparently markko has said he will never get behind the wheel of a rally car again

this truely is a sad sad day

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    apparently markko has said he will never get behind the wheel of a rally car again
    Can understand that
    There is a VERY close bond between driver and co-driver.
    I woudl liek to think he will be able to come back once the period of grief has passed.

PS: I've video of Toivonens, PM me.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

you sent it me on msn a while ago

and yeah i would like to see markko racing again. last year on GB he was breath-takeing his drive on there i will never forget, the way he took that hairpin...

even if he only does a few drives now and then as soon as he manages to start feeling better i would like him driving again... maybee Dakar or something

My thoughts are with his family.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

I think he'll at least take a year off... Now coming back depends on many things, usually this "need for speed" takes over and makes the driver come back but perhaps with another mindset.

Andrea Aghini, for example, lost his co-driver in an accident 2 or 3 years ago and has been rallying since last year, but this depends on the driver and there's really no point in speculating now.
    Live for Speed - Online Racing Simulator
    http://www.liveforspeed.net

Thread Information