Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caterham RS Levante

Caterham RS Levante

For those wanting an expression of British sportscar exclusivity, Caterham Cars has joined forces with RS Performance to offer the ultimate in bespoke Seven coachbuilding.

Caterham has long been the epitome of personalised motoring with almost every version of the 12,000 Sevens on the road differing from one another. The joint venture takes that famous philosophy to an altogether new level.

RS Performance is an exclusive, niche engineering house. Born out of the passion and pedigree of its founder, Russell Savory, it will offer an ‘everything is possible’ service to Caterham customers wanting cars truly ‘built to order’.

Using the motorsport-honed Caterham chassis and benchmark technology as a cosmetic and engineering base, RS Performance, will ''turn imagination into reality,'' says Savory. The heartbeat of every RS-monikered Seven will be the unique RST-V8 engine.

With more than 16 years of development behind it by Russell Savory, the 40-valve, 2.4 litre engine reliably delivers an incredible 400bhp in normally aspirated mode, or over 500bhp as a supercharged varient, whilst weighing only 90kg in full running gear.

The unbridled lightness of the RST-V8 matched to the already featherweight Seven chassis delivers a power-to-weight ratio of over 1000bhp per tonne – more than double of a Bugatti Veyron.

This unique partnership will be open to customers looking for the ultimate in exclusivity, and carry a price tag to reflect the tailoring, detail and hand-built craftsmanship that will go into every RS-badged Caterham.

Validation of the engineering house’s abilities comes in the form of the supercharged ‘Levante’. This is the first Seven to rollout of RS Performance’s Hertfordshire doors and only seven more of this type will be available.

With a 12 week waiting time and costing over £115,000, this supercharged engineering masterpiece boasts a modern interpretation of the Seven’s classic looks with a sophisticated electronics package with traction and launch control to help get the phenomenal power to the floor. Weight reduction runs throughout the car, from the carbon fibre interior finished with Kevlar seats down to the hosing used on the cooling systems.

The RS Performance badge will sit alongside the established, and soon to be expanded, Ford powered Caterham Seven range.

Source = UCP
    Attached Images Attached Images

hardcore

more like scary...

Is there a limit to a chassis before it gets really twitchy and useless because it has just way too much power?

I mean, if it has insane power and weighs nothing, it'll just pop wheelies every time it tries to put down power right, at the extreme?

Wow, thats incredible. Gotta love Caterham.

what a beast

that's ridiculous. That's too much for me, but it would be kewl, in the hands of a better driver than I, lol.
    "Life is better because sex is a part of it." - Valerie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I mean, if it has insane power and weighs nothing, it'll just pop wheelies every time it tries to put down power right, at the extreme?
    Which is why this one as "launch control"
    Crazy prices for a car that coudl be matched in performacne by many kits for less money ... . but not the ego-stroking "I've the latest Caterham"

Hate it for what it does to the 7-esque market
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Video of the car in action...

YouTube - Veyron-Beating Caterham Levante

And they've all been sold.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I was just about to say "your too late they have all been sold!".

Alas I was also to late.
    UP THE BORO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Crazy prices for a car that coudl be matched in performacne by many kits for less money ... . but not the ego-stroking "I've the latest Caterham"

Hate it for what it does to the 7-esque market
    Right, but I can imagine that this launch control and traction control is going to be on most of the time anyway, defeating the purpose of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    would it void warranty?

agree with the non sense of having a Seven with such an engine.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Building one may bias my opinion a little bit but my ideal car is similar to the ones made for the Formula SAE competition. Our car (at under 400 lbs) makes the Caterham look heavy and does 0-60 mph in 3.35 sec with only 74 horsepower.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that adding power to a Caterham seems frivolous... add lightness instead

moar lightness in this car would make it even more lethal than it already is.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

well, with caterhams having such stout structual integrity, and the high stability under power that im sure this has, i am sure no one will ever drive this into a ditch and seriously hurt themselves.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information