Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1993 Supra Twin Turbo

98 33.33%
  • !999 Skyline-R34 GT-R

196 66.67%
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Supra vs Skyline

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Edition View Post
    I notice you have an unmeasurable hate of toyotas and hondas.

The Supra is underpowered??? It has more power than the skyline

By the way, I prefer the Supra because it has a RWD layout. I also like it's shape (Long hood with short tail).
    im a very opinionated person and i really don't mean to offend people. u r right with my " unmeasurable hate of Toyota's and Honda's " though. the reason why? almost everybody buys them and because of the conservative styling. i like a car with a bit of style and aggressive design. for example: 2009 Mitsu Lancer Evo. its just my perception of these companies that i get from them like more fuel efficiency than a drivers car. i hope u understand what im trying to convey. a little shallow when it comes to cars. no hard feelings.
    Last edited by cargirl1990; 04-15-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    im a very opinionated person and i really don't mean to offend people. u r right with my " unmeasurable hate of Toyota's and Honda's " though. the reason why? almost everybody buys them and because of the conservative styling.
    yeah everyone buys for looks i agree. fuel economy and reliability isn't a factor these days
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yeah everyone buys for looks i agree. fuel economy and reliability isn't a factor these days
    i think fuel econ is important to most buyers, at least it was when fuel spiked last summer. and as far as reliability, i think perceived reliability is a key aspect. brands such as hyundai and kia are still fighting the negative impact of their poor reliability 15 years ago. despite the fact that they are close rivals for honda and toyota.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

i don't care! Toyota sucks balls.
    lol fangirl
    The Datto will rage again...

x2 on percieved reliability, i think on the whole ford and GM get a bad rap for it too (not you, chrysler)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i do draw cars and my auto teacher asked me to draw 2 of his 8 cars he was NEVER going to sell so i did it and apparently he loved them. but if someone were to ask me to draw a Supra 4 them and they were a big fan of it, i would do it even though i can't stand Toyota and Honda.

im a very opinionated person and i really don't mean to offend people. u r right with my " unmeasurable hate of Toyota's and Honda's " though. the reason why? almost everybody buys them and because of the conservative styling. i like a car with a bit of style and aggressive design. for example: 2009 Mitsu Lancer Evo. its just my perception of these companies that i get from them like more fuel efficiency than a drivers car. i hope u understand what im trying to convey. a little shallow when it comes to cars. no hard feelings.
    The EDM Honda Civic isn't conservatively styled, and the Accord isn't bad either. And Hondas have always been quite interesting engineering wise.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

okay, so I was interested in buying a rice-burner, searched for a comparison of the 2 models i preferred and came up with this, and to be honest the amount of I'll suck supra/skyline dick untill death or as some have affectionately posted "fan boy" crap is overwhelming. I just need to get this off my chest and as a word of warning, don't bother mentioning drag stats, engine codes/specs etc, if you have no idea about the engineering that goes on behind it, the amount of numbnuts that pull out the kilowatts and newton meters should be shot. next off anyone who uses drag stats for a skyline should be shot, since when was a AWD with super HICAS designed for drag racing? Let's face it, this thread shouldn't be about which car would win in a drag race, because again I could count the number of people that drag stock on one hand. Next thing is I don't even think the Supra was designed or marketed to be in direct competition with the skyline, It seems to contend moreso with the z series, and I'm pretty sure that's a fact. The point I'm trying to make, is that the Skyline gt-r is in a class of it's own, this car is designed for the race track and then dumped on the everyday road. The supra on the other hand deserves credit too, the lines on this car are amazing for 1993. It just looks amazing and comparing these too amazing machines is laike comparing apples to oranges, idiots may get specific but in the end it just comes down to taste.

anyway after that I'd like to say that out of the 2 I'd prefer a skyline, It's stealthy lines just look aggressive, (in the words of dave chappelle playing tyrone biggums GOD DAMN!!!!)

and yes at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, i posted this on the wrong forum, so here, i posted it again... haha

Supra vs Skyline

Jajajajaja I agree ^

Skyline is BEST! ^_^
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I agree with all the "wins"you just mentioned,plus the fact that Supras look sexier,and most importantly,they have the best straight six to ever grace the earth,the 2JZ.Just ask Titan Motorsports.

I find the Supra better for one reason, and one alone. Pricetag. Espacially as used car.

But why do You chose the '93 Supra. the second gen Supra got the strongest engine, whn it comes too tuning. Also having a way better chassi. The only thing third gen Supras have compared to the 2nd gen, is the stock numbers, and look. If You begin tuning, the 2nd gen have a way better potencial.

Toyota= King of all JAPANESE IMPORTS IN MY EYES.

Supra for sure

I've driven them both, my brother imports exotic cars from different countries. The Skyline is junk to me, it's a 90k Nissan 350Z that is heavy, and just doesn't look or sound as good as the Supra.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JZ Mikey. View Post
    I agree with all the "wins"you just mentioned,plus the fact that Supras look sexier,and most importantly,they have the best straight six to ever grace the earth,the 2JZ.Just ask Titan Motorsports.

Really?

Really? how isn't the Supra made to compete with the Skyline? The Skyline to me is junk. It feels like a 350Z with a 90k+ price tag how do I know? I've driven them both and I know what they both car do. The Supra has been known to collide with any sports car, why not collide with a Skyline? I've seen Supra's wipe the floor with Skylines day after day.
    One thing is for like you have stated, it all comes down to opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklebiter View Post
    okay, so I was interested in buying a rice-burner, searched for a comparison of the 2 models i preferred and came up with this, and to be honest the amount of I'll suck supra/skyline dick untill death or as some have affectionately posted "fan boy" crap is overwhelming. I just need to get this off my chest and as a word of warning, don't bother mentioning drag stats, engine codes/specs etc, if you have no idea about the engineering that goes on behind it, the amount of numbnuts that pull out the kilowatts and newton meters should be shot. next off anyone who uses drag stats for a skyline should be shot, since when was a AWD with super HICAS designed for drag racing? Let's face it, this thread shouldn't be about which car would win in a drag race, because again I could count the number of people that drag stock on one hand. Next thing is I don't even think the Supra was designed or marketed to be in direct competition with the skyline, It seems to contend moreso with the z series, and I'm pretty sure that's a fact. The point I'm trying to make, is that the Skyline gt-r is in a class of it's own, this car is designed for the race track and then dumped on the everyday road. The supra on the other hand deserves credit too, the lines on this car are amazing for 1993. It just looks amazing and comparing these too amazing machines is laike comparing apples to oranges, idiots may get specific but in the end it just comes down to taste.

anyway after that I'd like to say that out of the 2 I'd prefer a skyline, It's stealthy lines just look aggressive, (in the words of dave chappelle playing tyrone biggums GOD DAMN!!!!)

and yes at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, i posted this on the wrong forum, so here, i posted it again... haha

Thread Information