Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CTS-V versus BMW M5

Caddy, i nvr liked how the M5 looked tame, at least the CTS-V has a nice hood bulge and somewhat flared fenders that tell the world it can talk the talk and walk the walk.

i dunno which i would rather have. probably the caddy merely because the maintenance costs would be significantly less.

either way you are getting a great car
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    i dunno which i would rather have. probably the caddy merely because the maintenance costs would be significantly less.
    It'd be interesting to know if the Caddy would actually be any cheaper to run here.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I doubt it would be, in addition to parts probably costing more out there dont you guys have displacement based taxes (although i dont know how much a difference 1.2 litres makes)?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    I doubt it would be, in addition to parts probably costing more out there dont you guys have displacement based taxes (although i dont know how much a difference 1.2 litres makes)?
    I think that both are at the higher end, so it'd probably make no difference.

However servicing and fuel consumption, could tell a different story.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    culver, you remember what we talked about right?
    :lol:

I don't see 1.8T in the options anywhere
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Meh ... thanks but compared to these two, I'd take an FPV turbo-six and $$-change anyday. A lighter, roomier sedan (or ute) which is every bit as quick - and with FAR more tuning potential, at nominal cost mind you - for a local price equivalent to barely 25% of the M5.

And in styling terms, I also reckon they look better

Bring it as the next Mondeo...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Bring it as the next Mondeo...
    Btw the only Mondeo variant here which can crack 100km/h in under ten seconds is that fancy turbocharged 'high performance' XR5 .. which is still half a second slower to 100 than a basic Falcon 6cyl auto (rentacar spec)

Even this base-model 6cyl Falcon 3-speed automatic from 1971 (40 years old!) is quicker to 100 than every model of Mondeo bar the XR5.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Btw the only Mondeo variant here which can crack 100km/h in under ten seconds is that fancy turbocharged 'high performance' XR5 .. which is still half a second slower to 100 than a basic Falcon 6cyl auto (rentacar spec)

Even this base-model 6cyl Falcon 3-speed automatic from 1971 (40 years old!) is quicker to 100 than every model of Mondeo bar the XR5.
    I'm sure that weight and size-wise the Mondeo and the Falcon aren't that far appart, and due to our fuel prices the Mondeo has a clear power deficit, which should explain the lack of straight line performance. I'm sure though that despite the lack of grunt, the Mondeo can easily sustain high speed for long periods of time.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'm sure though that despite the lack of grunt, the Mondeo can easily sustain high speed for long periods of time.
    Yes but the only place in Oz where I can legally exceed 110 km/h is in the Northern Territory, which is 2,000+ kms away and has a limit of 130 km/h (also an easy cruise-speed for that exceedingly durable '71 Falcon which btw is only 155bhp SAE and develops its max torque @ 1,600 rpm).

I used to drive a similar taxi, it had over 930,000 kms on it despite a merciless flogging and was still reliable enough to earn money .. will any 2010-model Mondeo odometer ever see these numbers?

Yes but the only place in Oz where I can legally exceed 110 km/h is in the Northern Territory, which is 2,000+ kms away and has a limit of 130 km/h (also an easy cruise-speed for that exceedingly durable '71 Falcon which btw is only 155bhp SAE and develops its max torque @ 1,600 rpm).
    Well, different cars are built for different environments.
    I used to drive a similar taxi, it had over 930,000 kms on it despite a merciless flogging and was still reliable enough to earn money .. will any 2010-model Mondeo odometer ever see these numbers?
    I don't think though that may be an exclusive Mondeo problem though.
    Visca Catalunya!

To be honest, I hate American cars. We get sent Dodges, Chryslers, Jeeps and Hummer and all of them are awful. And I've long thought the M5's V10 is one of the best sounding engines ever.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Also, the current M5 is almost gone and the new one will have a new transmission and a turbo V8 with at least 550hp. A totally different machine.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Thread Information