Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with street racing?

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Have you ever seen a real street race most of the races take place at like 3am. I forgot that everyone on UCP has never done anything illegal. You take a risk going out to get your mail.
    I missed this part of this post. I've done street racing and realized that it's stupid. I would rather be on a track where I can go wild without having to worry about things.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    ONLY?!?! Christ all-f**king-mighty.
    Well compared to many other things its not that bad. As I said in one thread on SVTP people posted a link where more people died from 5 gallon buckets falling on them.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Well compared to many other things its not that bad. As I said in one thread on SVTP people posted a link where more people died from 5 gallon buckets falling on them.
    And that justifies the deaths of 60 people because?

No matter how many people have died due to other things, there is NO justification for allowing deaths that can be prevented. If street racing were to stop, that would be 60 people who still have their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    And that justifies the deaths of 60 people because?

No matter how many people have died due to other things, there is NO justification for allowing deaths that can be prevented. If street racing were to stop, that would be 60 people who still have their lives.
    Preach on brotha!

How often do you hang 5 gallon buckets where many people walk?

And besides, where are you getting these numbers? Have you researched how many people die in the world from street racing? Have you seen the statistics concerning just the accidents? Forget about the street racing. They're not pretty.

Just from that, how is it possible that only 60 people died?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    Preach on brotha!

I think its many more than 60 deaths...
    That is 60 deaths that the police had signifficant proof that the accident was a result of street racing..
    Many accidents happen on roads.. not easy to determine if it's a result of street racing or not..

And I'm totaly with :Exige: here..
    and johnny of course Track racing for life

Think about how many lives that could have been spared if there was enough tracks/trackday events for kids to play at
    At least here in norway.... We have the incredible amount of 2, TWO, courses that streetcars can race on

definetley the track, u have saftey crews, flag marshalls , ambulances, etc. Most tracks have run off areas so if you get loose. personally wouldnt drive fast without a roll cage and saftey harness. Thats me I must be a soft cock.

In my younger years I did stupid things and I was lucky i didnt kill my self or anyone else. I wasnt skillful I was LUCKY

Rev how many years have you been driving by the way ?
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

i dislike street racing... especially people who do 'mountain runs' at night
    don't really mind people having a go on the highway though
    You take a risk going out to get your mail.
    hell yeah, in my neighbourhood...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

LotusLocust wrote-At least here in norway.... We have the incredible amount of 2, TWO, courses that streetcars can race on
    We only have one
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

33 people have died from street racing in Ontario alone... Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    We only have one
    yeah - and it's getting harder to book/arrange days there, for example Mt Cotton doesn't allow cars louder than 100dB now due to nearby suburbs. i mean there is still QR but variety would be nice
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

its all about a controlled vs. uncontrolled environment... in a controlled environment (i.e.: track) you have EVERYTHING you need to race, including safety requirements... whereas at an impromptu street race, you have nothing to fall back on if something goes wrong... as it likely will due to circumstances... that's that
    "It's better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"
    - ...?

You need to check your sources. I just did a quick google search of street racing deaths and found some interesting stats.

Quote Originally Posted by NHRA
    1. In 2001, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that police listed street racing as a factor in 135 fatal crashes. The total was up from 72 street-racing-related fatalities reported in 2000.
    2. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, more than 800 citations for illegal street racing were issued in 2001.
    3. In San Diego, where the street racing problem has been termed "epidemic," 16 deaths and 31 injuries were directly related to illegal street racing in 2001. The city's attorney's office prosecuted 147 illegal street racing cases in 1999, 161 in 2000, and 290 in 2001.
    4.In Florida in 2001, 7,216 citations were issued for racing on the highway.
    5. In 1999, the Florida Department of Highway and Safety for Motor Vehicles reported 28 accidents related to illegal street racing, with 2 fatalities and 27 injuries. In 2000, the agency reported 39 racing accidents, with 1 fatality and 55 injuries. In 2002, there were 48 racing accidents, 1 fatality, and 60 injuries.
    6. According to the NHTSA, motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 16 and 20.
    7. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says 5,749 teens died in the United States from motor vehicle crash injuries in 1999.
    8. Nationwide statistics show that 49 people are injured for every 1,000 who participate in illegal street racing.
    www.nhra.com/streetlegal/stats

And whats it worth? Say you street race everynight and the cops never show up and nobody gets hurt? Like Jonny said shit happens, and if you kill somebody in the process you just dont get your car taken away. You go to jail and hopefully for a long long time.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Even if you do it at night and block off roads, whatever, you're a bunch of pricks because you blocked the roads! If I was driving through and came across a bunch areswipes blocking roads because they're too cool to go to a proper drag strip, there'd be some serious destruction moments away, courtesy of me getting in one of the trucks you used to block the road and mowing down your little GT and weilding a tyre iron! It's totally selfish.

And what sort of condition is the road left in after? I've seen tons of street racing vids where they pour who knows what on the road whilst racing. And then you've got all the crap spilt from the cars as they race. Does all that get cleaned up?

And no matter how well the organise and "prep" the street, how can they be sure an animal isn't gonna wander onto the road? Or someone drunken bum wandering around? They can't.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 09-15-2006 at 06:06 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information