Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans (June 12-13)

Race Performance have been added as the 56th entry with the ex-Rollcentre Radical:

Quote Originally Posted by ACO
    As the ACO has not been notified of any further withdrawals just before the big Le Mans 24-Hours week, the club confirms that the Swiss Team, Race Performance will be the 56th team invited to compete in the 78th Le Mans 24 Hours.

In fact, the team, the first reserve, was already assured of taking part in the race because of the recent construction of an additional pit on the 24-Hours circuit, which increases its capacity to 56 starters.

Race Performance, already entered in the whole 2010 Le Mans Series, will race its English-built Radical SR9 Judd-engined prototype in the LM P2 category. Swiss driver Ralph Meichtry will share the car with two Frenchmen, Pierre Bruneau et Marc Rostan, who both have considerable Le Mans experience.

The Radical SR9 and its drivers will be in pit no. 28 in the middle of the pit building. On Monday 7th June, they will undergo scrutinering at 15h30 in the scrutineering and admin zone on the Place des Jacobins in the Le Mans town centre.

In 2011, 55 cars will be allowed to start. A 56th car presented by a team with a specific and original project will complete the list of entries.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Race Performance have been added as the 56th entry with the ex-Rollcentre Radical:
    this car
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Andy Blackmore has revealed his spotter's guides. They will be updated after scruteneering with the latest changes, so keep an eye on: Spotter Guides
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 06-05-2010 at 09:49 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

ha, the Spyker back in blue and yellow....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

RaceFansTV has a lot of the 2009 LeMans videos - Algarve, Spa, Catalunya, Nurburgring, Silverstone,...

There is something about a team fielding two different cars which definitely gets my attention. Not that this is the first time, but now it is happening also in the GT1.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    There is something about a team fielding two different cars which definitely gets my attention. Not that this is the first time, but now it is happening also in the GT1.
    What team?

Larbre (spelling) Competition, Aston DBR9 and Saleen S7.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Larbre (spelling) Competition, Aston DBR9 and Saleen S7.
    It might be the Larbre entry, but they may have "lent" it to the Young Driver team, that owns the Aston. It is their second car as they totalled chassis 109 during the Spa 1000 km

After the first qualification session, Peugeot wiped the floor with Audi in Q1 1-2-3-4, Audi 5-6-7, AM 8-9-10.

In P2, the HPDs were in a league of their own taking 1-2 very easily.

GT1 saw the YD AM take first, with the Ford GT (Romain Gorsjean) setting the second fastest time.

In the very competitive GT2 class, Risi is on provisional pole with the two Corvettes in 2nd and third, IMSA and Felbermayr, then 4 Ferraris (a big crash for the 96 AF Corse apparently), then the 2 BMWs and then the remnants.

How was the weather? I was at work when it was going on and just got in after qualification ended.

Clear today, 2nd and 3rd session tomorrow are expected to rain, so the grid will probably stay...

Shades of 2009 for Audi right now, hopefully their race pace is better...

Marshall Pruett mentioned in his note that Wouter has a pic of the Peugeot's secretive engine bay(new toys under there? on an old car?)....wonder what thats all about...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Not sure if I missed something, but I read on another website that this year there will be the start with driver on one side of the track, cars on the others, like in the sixties.
    Correct?

That would be great!

They will not be doing a full tilt run and start though. It will be a run, then 8 minutes to get into the car and be ready for the formation lap and rolling start
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Kinda pointless then, but I was quite doubtful it could have really happened.

Thread Information