Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Might be an image of Hunt difference LT. At the time he was a VERY serious man but most of the coverage was of his playboy moments once he had lots of F1 money
    See if this helps ... ( I do note JH was a little higher pitched and wonder if their might be some post processing to tweak that - we'll need to wait and see the final release.
    Matra, I've seen that doc before, thanks for sharing. I always knew he was a well spoken man and appeared to have some sort of deep introspective side that was rarely seen. He's quite an interesting person and I can see why Ron wanted to produce a film on him. I very much do like James Hunt as a sports figure. However, I can't wrap my mind around why Chris Hemsworth of all people would play him (watching both trailers I can't take him seriously). A method actor or someone more well known for dramatic roles I think would suit the character much better. I'm just hoping this film doesn't turn into some petty commercial advertising fest that's too "actiony" and the sort. I'm more for story and would rather this film be playing at an indie house than some commercial IMAX theater. Seems more fitting and would attract the right audience instead of already commercializing F1 any further.

"Senna" got a Sundance premier. I'd like to see this one in Park City too.

EDIT: September release... no Sundance I guess.
    Last edited by LTSmash; 04-11-2013 at 08:59 PM.

The chap that does Lauda (Daniel Brühl) is (half) Catalan.

So he must be (half) awesome.

Probably.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Or half not so awesome.....:P
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I think LT the other side of Hunt might be why they've gone with him.
    Womanising, drink, drugs .... then drive
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    He's a good actor - thus the Thor "character" and definitely looks like Hunt
    That was my biggest question when I saw the cast for the first time - he doesn't look like Hunt at all IMO, that's only the hairstyle

Bruehl is Lauda's copy, though.

I hope they will show this movie in Moscow. Somehow nobody ever heard about Senna movie in our cinemas, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    That was my biggest question when I saw the cast for the first time - he doesn't look like Hunt at all IMO, that's only the hairstyle

Bruehl is Lauda's copy, though.

I hope they will show this movie in Moscow. Somehow nobody ever heard about Senna movie in our cinemas, I believe.
    Outside of automotive enthusiasts, few people know about Senna.

Heck, I probably only heard about him probably around the time I joined this forum.

"Senna" was an indie house documentary for Sundance. It didn't get a wide release at all anywhere.

I thought it was shown in cinemas, though?

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    "Senna" was an indie house documentary for Sundance. It didn't get a wide release at all anywhere.
    It was shown at various theater at different point in the country....I actually watched it at a documentary fest in Toronto...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    It was shown at various theater at different point in the country....I actually watched it at a documentary fest in Toronto...
    likewise saw it in cinemas. was well worth it.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I thought it was shown in cinemas, though?
    It was. It just didn't get a wide release like more big budget movies.

I don't think Senna was released here. Or at least I can't remember seeing it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I went to see this last night and enjoyed it muchly.

Though, understandably, they didn't nerd out over the geekier aspects of F1, I thought it was a very well done racing movie, rather than a movie about racing.

Unfortunately, there were not that many people at the theater I went to, and those that were were probably in their fifties or older. I hope this does well so that other films in this vein can be greenlit in the future. I was in the middle-of-nowhere Connecticut, so hopefully the official numbers will disagree with my observations.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I went to see this last night and enjoyed it muchly.

Though, understandably, they didn't nerd out over the geekier aspects of F1, I thought it was a very well done racing movie, rather than a movie about racing.

Unfortunately, there were not that many people at the theater I went to, and those that were were probably in their fifties or older. I hope this does well so that other films in this vein can be greenlit in the future. I was in the middle-of-nowhere Connecticut, so hopefully the official numbers will disagree with my observations.
    Bold part is really true. And I think the movie is better for it. And when you have a real life story as compelling as that, you don't need to make up too much stuff...

The cars are cool, and its always cool to see P34 on film. But the acting is great. But I do agree with a lot of the review I've read that Bruhl's Lauda seems to get much more development than Hemsworth's Hunt. Hunt always seems too much surface whereas they showed a lot more of the struggle with Lauda. I do like they show Hunt's intensity through his constant flicking with his lighter.

Nit-pick would be all the tracks they used to stand-in for the real tracks are pretty obvious...I've heard they used a lot of Brands Hatch and some other British tracks for filming, issues being tracks like Brands are too hilly, poor stand-in for places like Monza or Fuji....

The place I went to had 6 people in the whole place.....I think the subject matter is still too niche...good on Ron Howard though...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

My 17 year old son saw it last night. He does not watch current F1 and has never heard of Hunt or Lauda other than my brief explanation. He recommended it highly to me.
    There is hope
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information