Thread: Italian Members Help Me!!!

Need Help Buying Car.

i have found a SZ Supra i can afford. unfortunately it is in Italy. An aussie took it with him but found once he got there they dont approve of ADR standards and as such he cant register it. He want to sell it to me for 10kAUD. Given that a poxy suckomatic Supra SZ goes for around 17k still its a absolute bloody bargain. heres a copy of the email i got back from him.

Hello,

I'm happy to see your interest in buying this car, yet, i believe you should know that for now i'm in Rome, Italy with the car, which is in a very good condition. I hope you like the car and also that we will complete this deal without any problems. About the transport, I'll have it shipped out to your location. What do you think?

I bought the car back last year in july from melbourne. i have had no problems since i have had the car and it has only got better since i got the exhaust and body kit fitted, the engine runs a lot smoother and doesnt have as much back pressure on the engine with the larger exhaust. umm it currently has 107000 km on the clock.
    As far as i know the N/A supra's of this model come with a stock standard 170-175 kw / 220 bhp at the rear wheels. with the exhaust fitted it is said to guarantee an extra 20 kw which i have noticed. so now the car would be running approx. 190 kw or so at the wheels. the interior is in over all good condition for its age, but could be detailed i would say. but theres is deffinately nothing bad at all.

1994 toyota supra non-turbo

-FULL TOPSECRET SERIES 2 BODYKIT (WORTH OVER $2000)

-3" STAINLESS STEEL CAT BACK SPORTS EXHAUST TO 5" CANNON

-TV/DVD PLAYER

-BRAND NEW JVC TOUCHSCREEN HEAD UNIT ($1000)

-SPORTS SEATS

-LEATHER REAR SEATS

-17"ALLOY WHEELS WITH GOOD TREAD

-RARE SUNROOF

-PLATINUM TINTED WINDOWS

- FRONT STRUT BRACE

Let me tell you that the price i ask for this supra is 10,000 AUD, the car is in perfect condition and with the car you will also receive the clear title, which can be registered on your name, so there is no problem about that.

The car doesn't need any conversion because is AUS steet legal; it meets all regulations so you won't have to pay aditional taxes. It wasn't involved in an accident or anything like that, it's as new. You won't find a scratch on it, the paint looks great; I've garaged this baby.

The reason why I want to sell this car is that I realised that the import and register taxes are very high here in Italy so i prefer to sell it and buy another car. It is AUS street legal, so i can't find a buyer hare in Italy ,or in Europe because they don't like the car prepared this way. I love this car and I'm very sorry that I have to sell it. The car is registered in AUS and the other offers that I have are also from AUS and I hope that I can find a serious buyer.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Basically what i want to know is.

a) is there a "safe" way of transferring money to him so i can cover myself if hes a con.
    b) is there an Italian who if they live nearby (ROME) could check it out for me?

What do you guys think? Am i going to get conned or could i save alot of money?

EDIT:

here is the link to the actual ad:
    Supra For Sale
    Last edited by Blue Supra; 03-16-2005 at 02:49 AM.
    The Datto will rage again...

Who will pay for shipping ?
    There are LOADS of Supras around that price going in the UK - not sure if that';s good or bad in your deicision making though http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW...ch_full=SEARCH

Not sure how you ensure you do't get ripped off on this

Quote Originally Posted by MetA
    I will, of course.

^^^is what I would have said if I was a generous kabillionaire
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

There are LOADS of Supras around that price going in the UK - not sure if that';s good or bad in your deicision making though http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW...ch_full=SEARCH

Um sorry ver O/T for this thread but umm......how are you? Please don't take that in the wrong way.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Whoa, ultra admin thanks for that but this is just a one off thing, if this doesnt work out ill be buying local (UK Cars are in miles not km anyways.)

About the transport, I'll have it shipped out to your location. What do you think?
    would you take that as a "ill pay for shipping"?

Yo man... you got to worry about safety issues. Italy is much easier on their bumper laws. So. Careful u don't get pulled over.

Did you end up buying the car?

I am looking at buying that car aswell
    UCP's fastest 16 year old

Quote Originally Posted by rob_doherty
    DON'T!!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by rob_doherty
    NO! He got ripped off, and lost thousands of dollars in deposit money. This is a 100% fraud, don't make the same mistake!

you could use squaretrade.

what happened to the guy who bought the car?
    UCP's fastest 16 year old

I lost 4000 dollars and got royally f*cked over! If you send this guy anything, make sure its a bullet.

Thread Information