Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: McLaren MP4-12C

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
    They plan to build a Carrera rival as their base model in the coming years, so that is going to be the entry level car.
    That's even better. A more affordable option to grow the Mclaren brand and keep the factory humming. Perhaps a model with the same V8 minus the turbos and about 400 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by evile View Post
    Perhaps a model with the same V8 minus the turbos and about 400 hp.
    And Direct Injection?
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Starting in 2010 the 911 Turbo gets the same direct injection as the rest of the 911 family. Many Porsche enthusiast aren't happy. If you want the GT1 based engine you better buy a '09 turbo.
    Isn't that because the GT1 based engine isn't able to be enlarged to 3.8 litres? Surely they wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't for a worthwhile performance increase..

This car does look bland, but maybe the silver from the formula 1 car will give it a bit more flare

Starting in 2010 the 911 Turbo gets the same direct injection as the rest of the 911 family. Many Porsche enthusiast aren't happy. If you want the GT1 based engine you better buy a '09 turbo.
    The new GT3 has direct injection engine that's based on the GT1 motor....so I don't see what the problem is....

For the rest the GT1 motor was/is used as the design basis for all the "special" 911 engine from 996 onward, that includes all the Turbo, GT3, GT2 models...The block design is different from the regular 911 engine.

EDIT: did more reading, the GT3 is set to retain the GT1 bock, but Turbo will switch...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 09-14-2009 at 05:56 AM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    The new GT3 has direct injection engine that's based on the GT1 motor....so I don't see what the problem is....

For the rest the GT1 motor was/is used as the design basis for all the "special" 911 engine from 996 onward, that includes all the Turbo, GT3, GT2 models...The block design is different from the regular 911 engine.

EDIT: did more reading, the GT3 is set to retain the GT1 bock, but Turbo will switch...
    I didn't think the GT3 and GT3RS got direct injection. The 3.6 L GT1 engine was taken out to 3.8 L. I don't believe they can make it any bigger so perhaps they'll DI to the next version to improve performance.

EVO has released a great three part video reviewing the design of the MP4-12C with McLaren Managing Director, Antony Sheriff. It's about 25 minutes of content. You can watch them via these links:

McLaren MP4-12C | Car video | evo

>8^)
    ER

Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
    EVO has released a great three part video reviewing the design of the MP4-12C with McLaren Managing Director, Antony Sheriff. It's about 25 minutes of content. You can watch them via these links:

>8^)
    ER
    That's nice
    We have an open invitation to visit them and shoot the car (and also the historic cars in the new building)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    That's nice
    We have an open invitation to visit them and shoot the car (and also the historic cars in the new building)
    You have an in at McLaren?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    You have an in at McLaren?
    that's what I said, when in the UK recently for Goodwood, it was too short notice, but we may probably go later this year.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That's nice
    Ok.... that is legit.

That's nice
    I might have heard that piece of news already from a certain someone.

That would be great for you guys, and us outsiders too of course. Hope it works out!

>8^)
    ER

Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
    I might have heard that piece of news already from a certain someone.
    difficult to hide anything from you. Anyway, which chassis is M700 BHP? (GTR on show at the Goodwood Revival).

difficult to hide anything from you. Anyway, which chassis is M700 BHP? (GTR on show at the Goodwood Revival).
    16R ..
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

1 min ago

Afternoon all

While the McLaren MP4-12C has been all over motoring sites of late i thought this video and some of the other McLaren content might be of interest to you, there's photos, wallpapers, videos, competitions [to win a signed McLaren sketch and McLaren Car's book] and much more

This clip shows Jenson Button being interviewed by Chris Chilton

McLaren MP4-12C video CAR review

Thread Information