Thread: Suzuki Concept X 2005

Suzuki Concept X 2005

World Premiere of Suzuki's First-Ever Midsize SUV Concept at 2005 North American International Auto Show
    Plans Call for a Derivative Model to Be Produced in 2006

DETROIT, (January 10, 2005) - Representing the next chapter in its ongoing SUV success story, American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC) today unveiled its first-ever midsize SUV concept vehicle - Concept-X - a daring sport-utility possibility intended to put a fresh perspective on the midsize SUV segment at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit.

Commissioning its designers to immerse themselves in the lives of Suzuki's spirited SUV customers in order to re-evaluate the sport-utility market from the ground up, the automaker took the wraps off a bold new concept incorporating the five key ingredients buyers say they really want in a midsize SUV: versatility; functionality; safety; "infotainment," a seamless blend of navigation, music, news and information; and performance.

While the Concept-X is planned as a concept only, a derivative of the vehicle is slated for production in 2006.

Today's introduction of the new adventure-inspired Majestic Graphite Concept-X fuses cutting-edge features with unprecedented interior, exterior, safety and performance features. Suzuki designers conceived a futuristic, wedge-shaped vehicle that brings together elements like aggressive styling, on-road balance and composure, functionality, premium safety and convenient access to entertainment and information.

"The all-new Concept-X - Suzuki's first-ever midsize SUV concept - exhibits design cues, technology, power and amenities refined to meet specific American SUV buyer needs," explained Hirotaka Ono, board member of Suzuki Motor Corporation responsible for North American business. "We are proud to showcase this exciting vehicle which represents our sport-utility of the future."

Performance

In the power category, Concept-X is equipped with an all-new 3.6-liter V6 engine with a class-leading horsepower. The Concept-X comes with a newly developed 4WD system called "4GO", which combines on-demand low-range ability with typical all-wheel drive efficiency. The result is a power-packed and undeniably sporty drive.

Exterior

Continuing the adrenaline theme is the Concept-X's strong, athletic exterior implying road-holding ability and modern appeal all at once. The root of this "muscular" design - the large 20-inch, asymmetrical, six-spoke aluminum alloy wheels with bold wheel arches and flared fenders - gives the Suzuki Concept-X a surprisingly larger profile than its 72.2-inch width and 196.7-inch length would lead drivers to believe.

Adding to the vehicle's powerful presence is its dynamic wedge-shaped and wrap-rounded shoulder line. The aggressive styling is enhanced with LED headlamps and a distinctive "watermark" pattern projected from front turn signals. The SUV also embodies a modern satin silver chrome front and rear grille underguard. To showcase the look of speed and projection, the Concept-X boasts wide and bold integrated headlamps.

"Infotainment"

For a combination of entertainment and information, the Concept-X offers an array of technology for both driver and passengers. A satellite television and complete DVD/DVR player with dual 12-inch LCD screens are in the second and thirds rows. To enable passengers to stay productive while on the go, the Concept-X offers integrated Bluetooth technology for cellular phones, PDAs, e-mail and navigation to provide traffic and weather conditions and in-route course adjustment.

Safety

Suzuki is focused on the highest safety ideology and the Concept-X has many attributes to ensure optimum protection. The SUV features ABS, ESP (Electronic Stability Program) and curtain airbags for all six passengers. Dual, heat-sensing perimeter CCD cameras with a warning detector prevents driving over objects within the vehicle's proximity. Other key safety features include automatic 911 calling (for collision, airbag deployment or theft) and active cruise control.

In addition to a Concept-X production derivative planned in 2006, some of the elements incorporated into the vehicle are likely to find their way on other future Suzuki vehicles.

Suzuki's Expanded Product Line

Today's unveiling of the Suzuki Concept-X comes after the launch of four all-new Suzuki production vehicles in just two years as part of its 357 Plan.

Joining the Suzuki Concept-X on the North American International Auto Show display floor is the premium compact Forenza sedan, midsize Verona sedan, compact five-door Reno, versatile Forenza Wagon, and restyled Aerio. On the SUV side, Suzuki showcases the right-sized XL-7 - a full-capability sport-utility vehicle that has the sheer toughness to stand up to off-road challenges, yet the refined comfort to be perfectly at home on city streets. In all, the 2005 Suzuki product line is on track to cement its position as the value-packed choice - truly the smart move for car and SUV buyers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Suzuki Concept X #2

Suzuki Concept X #3

looks like a stretch Nissan Murano to me...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

I tell you what, this Murano was very influential, every SUV released looks like it now!

IMO This is a bit dull, nice face, but the rest lets it down.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

First the Japs copy the Europeans now they copy the Japs?!

i wonder wot cooling issues would come up with that car... a 3.6 liter v6 engine
    do u think enough air would get through the grill to keep the engine cool if they kept the same design ...

Thread Information