Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza - Drift

its quite easy to drift with stock power, but with full tuneup it just lets you take it to the next level

i will have-

350Z DRIFT SETTINGS UP NEXT
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

so anymore drift techniques. if not does anyone know what other sites or forums i can visit to find out

yeah, this one hahaha.

im just out of state right now, but once i get home or if i have time here kicking clutch-monkey's ass at drifting today i might share one or two with you
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

ay whiteballz have a setup for a lancer evo man?

im at school right now, when i get home i will make one up and post it for you.

what is your style? are you generally sideways INTO or OUT of the corner more?
    (different styles need different setups)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

whiteballz, can i get a setup for the Ferrari 360 Modena.
    And note, i mostly go into the corner.

any done for the CTS-V??? i used the set up for the 1st car u posted about and it works to a certian exent but not the best

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red Monte
    any done for the CTS-V??? i used the set up for the 1st car u posted about and it works to a certian exent but not the best
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    what is your style? are you generally sideways INTO or OUT of the corner more?
    (different styles need different setups)
    you'll have to explain your style before whiteballz can optimize the setup for you - it makes a huge difference.
    our cars are set up very differently because of the way we go through a corner
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    you'll have to explain your style before whiteballz can optimize the setup for you - it makes a huge difference.
    our cars are set up very differently because of the way we go through a corner
    well i just got an xbox( yes i know im out of date) and im just learning how to drift, ive done it in GT4 but never on xbox, and idono how i drift all i can say is its nothn like what most newbs do lol im kinda of a pussy footer into the corners, i go in high and i try to exit low but i seem to stay high like IE on maple valley in turn 1 the big long sweeping corner ill stay at the top for about the 1st half and the other half i kinda get to lose and start to fishtale. so if that helps idono ill get a vids if its easier
    98 Monte Carlo LS Mostly Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red Monte
    well i just got an xbox( yes i know im out of date) and im just learning how to drift, ive done it in GT4 but never on xbox, and idono how i drift all i can say is its nothn like what most newbs do lol im kinda of a pussy footer into the corners, i go in high and i try to exit low but i seem to stay high like IE on maple valley in turn 1 the big long sweeping corner ill stay at the top for about the 1st half and the other half i kinda get to lose and start to fishtale. so if that helps idono ill get a vids if its easier
    I'm no GOD at drifting or anything, but I can provide SOME advice. Before entering the corner, start off at the inside of the track (before the corner) and QUICKLY flick the wheel and turn the car to the opposite side of the track to throw off the balance. Just a split second after flicking the car across the track, flick it back across to the inside (from the outside apex of the corner) and try to slide the car sideways along the inside curbing, using the wheel/steering and gas or brake to keep the proper line and drift. Towards the end of the corner, get back on the gas and correct the drift by turning back the opposite way.

A good rule of thumb is to always drift in a low gear, so you can use the throttle to a higher extent, while keeping those wheel's spinning.

you just gave me a good idea rocke, unveiling in however long it takes for me to do it (BTW setups are on their way, i keep having too much fun fine tuning the evo :embarrased
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

is the wheel better than the PS2 controller? i can't seem to do long smoky drifts , but i can pull off small angle slides with the ebrake, but i can't put the right amount of throttle/steering angle. will the wheel help? I won't buy the GT4 wheel, but i can at least hope that there is some possibility of pulling off drifts.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    is the wheel better than the PS2 controller? i can't seem to do long smoky drifts , but i can pull off small angle slides with the ebrake, but i can't put the right amount of throttle/steering angle. will the wheel help? I won't buy the GT4 wheel, but i can at least hope that there is some possibility of pulling off drifts.
    Use manual transmission.

My particular style is pendulum, or "scandinavian flick"

Which is shown in the first vid.

The way in which i control a RWD vehicle during the corner is shown in the second vid, in which note the flicks of opposite lock. (shows i could have gone wilder and faster with the drift)

The Third video showcases my audi drift setup, however due to the poor quality it barely looks like im drifting at all. Control of an AWD is different mid corner, generally its just hit handbrake till desired drift angle is aquired, full throttle back on, and full opposite lock.

is the wheel better than the PS2 controller?
    No, it is stupid in terms of drifting, it forces snap over/understeer in 1/2 of a turn, its ridiculous. (I use controler)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Caddie CTS-V
    I can make this drift, but one thing I cant do is make it light.

Keep your eye on entry speeds unless you want to mow the grass with this bloated cow.

That said, use the momentum to help get (and keep) a good AOA (angle of attack)

Power upgrades = Higher powered engine, full exhaust and tune (first option in engine section)
    Other upgrades = Full everything (suspension, gears etc)

Tire pressure
    Front: 2 BAR
    Rear: 3 BAR (med high on slider)

Camber
    Front = stock
    Rear = -0.2

Anti-Roll
    Front = Full
    Rear = Full

Springs
    Front = 143.1
    Rear = 141.1

Damping (bump)
    Front = 3.7
    Rear = 3.9

Damping (Re-bound)
    Front = 8.4
    Rear = 8.7
    Last edited by whiteballz; 07-21-2006 at 01:11 AM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information